Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That and Chelsea have no reason to get rid of him. Anelka has proven himself to be in the top four strikers in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i agree it was a bit arrogant of me to say that.

but who in your opinion is most likely to win it then, if not Chelsea?
    Don't get me wrong, Chelsea have to be the favourites. I don't think you'll win it, but i guess that's hope more than anythin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Don't get me wrong, Chelsea have to be the favourites. I don't think you'll win it, but i guess that's hope My prejudice against Chelsea more than anythin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    "Your post was hardly anything special. You didn't have any input."

Now where's that smiley when i need it..

ReputationRep:

Now where's that smiley when i need it..
    Well, if you actually read the post was about me changing your words in the quotation. the '..' is for TSR and you need two characters afterwards if you want to publish the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Well, if you actually read the post was about me changing your words in the quotation. the '..' is for TSR and you need two characters afterwards if you want to publish the post.
    Yes, i read it.

And, i repeat.

This time i'll actually use the smiley though!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i read it.

And, i repeat.

You're c00l.

Anyway, that's our holding midfielder out for another week or so, Nigeria have won on penalties. Not sure about Belleti's injury status and Essien's out for a few weeks. Still have Ballack/Deco/Matic I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i read it.

And, i repeat.

:troll:

go back to chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    That and Chelsea have no reason to get rid of him. Anelka has proven himself to be in the top four strikers in this country.
    Well, the wages situation has always been a joke. Why is Deco being paid £80k a week and Anelka has contributed well to the team recently and is not rewarded?

ReputationRep:
    I actually think this is totally, totally daft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I actually think this is totally, totally daft.

Torres, Drogba and Rooney are the only strikers that are better than him in this country. And only a handful of strikers in this country actually come close to Anelka after that in terms of ability. He's evolved a lot as a striker at Chelsea, IMO, he's a lot cleverer, not just the speed-freak he once was, he's controlled, a great finisher. Pretty much everything you want in a striker.

ReputationRep:
    I think someone is after an entry to the Retard Chronicles?

ReputationRep:

Torres, Drogba and Rooney are the only strikers that are better than him in this country. And only a handful of strikers in this country actually come close to Anelka after that in terms of ability. He's evolved a lot as a striker at Chelsea, IMO, he's a lot cleverer, not just the speed-freak he once was, he's controlled, a great finisher. Pretty much everything you want in a striker.
    Okay he's good, but we need to face facts that he is sporadic and temperamental.

Hell, I'll say it, Robin Van Persie is streets ahead. Same with the other three you mentioned. Those four are the standout strikers in the league.

I would actually suggest that Anelka is made to look better than he is by his service at Chelsea, which is obviously extremely good. The guy played at Bolton for several years, and in reality if he were good enough, he'd have been picked up yonks before he was.

Please take it back, Stu

ReputationRep:
    RVP vs. Anelka

Let the debate begin.

ReputationRep:
    Hell, I'll say it, Robin Van Persie is streets ahead. Same with the other three you mentioned. Those four are the standout strikers in the league.
    RVP is a great striker no doubt but he needs to stay fit in order to show what he's capable of. I'm not sure he's had an injury-free season recently. I don't mean 100% fitness because you're expected to play with knocks and niggles.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd take RvP but there is no doubt in my opinion that Anelka is one of the top strikers in the League.

ReputationRep:
    Okay he's good, but we need to face facts that he is sporadic and temperamental.

I would actually suggest that Anelka is made to look better than he is by his service at Chelsea, which is obviously extremely good. The guy played at Bolton for several years, and in reality if he were good enough, he'd have been picked up yonks before he was.

Please take it back, Stu
    Van Persie is good, wouldn't personally say he's better than Anelka. Last season was Van Persie's most successful, scoring 20 goals. Anelka got more than that last year, has gotten more than that before, and looks set to do so again - and what's even better about Anelka, as I already stated, was that he truly showed how intelligent a striker he has become. Last year, Anelka improved so much. And like Van Persie, Anelka brings more than just goals.

Besides the fact that Anelka was at Bolton for just 18 months, he moved to Chelsea and has become a much much smarter striker. I don't think before 18 months many teams would have a chance to sign him. Plus, if you think he looks good at Chelsea. At Bolton he scored a goal every other game in his final season, and at Man City he scored over 25 goals in a recently promoted side. It's not just Chelsea's service. If you'd watch him, he can make his own chances, much more now that he's at Chelsea.

You could make a claim about Van Persie being injured, and what would he be like if he wasn't injured but the fact is that the injuries have and are happening, so it's pointless to talk about "what if". If Van Persie could stay fit, arguably he could probably be better than Anelka, but he's yet to prove it over a season because of injuries and Anelka being better even when Van Persie stays relatively injury free (last year).

And even IF Van Persie was better, to say he is streets ahead is either a massive hyperbole in favour of Van Persie, or a massive insult to Anelka's talents. There's very few if ANY striker that's "streets ahead" of a player of the quality of Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take RVP. Too many variables with Anelka, and he's on borrowed time already. Very much a form player who when presented with any kind of difficulty, crumbles.

RVP is a leader. Petulant, but a leader for sure, and is capable of making things happen from nothing.

The fitness thing, we can look into that when he isn't drop-kicked by Chiellini. But now he's been snapped twice, big-style, he will struggle to stay fully fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    RVP vs. Anelka

Let the debate begin.
    How about let it end? RVP is superior tbh, although he isn't of much use being so injury prone.

ReputationRep:
    Van Persie is good, wouldn't personally say he's better than Anelka. Last season was Van Persie's most successful, scoring 20 goals. Anelka got more than that last year, has gotten more than that before, and looks set to do so again - and what's even better about Anelka, as I already stated, was that he truly showed how intelligent a striker he has become. Last year, Anelka improved so much. And like Van Persie, Anelka brings more than just goals.

Besides the fact that Anelka was at Bolton for just 18 months, he moved to Chelsea and has become a much much smarter striker. I don't think before 18 months many teams would have a chance to sign him. Plus, if you think he looks good at Chelsea. At Bolton he scored a goal every other game in his final season, and at Man City he scored over 25 goals in a recently promoted side. It's not just Chelsea's service. If you'd watch him, he can make his own chances, much more now that he's at Chelsea.
    Stu, the guy is clearly a bit of a mess:

Personal
    Anelka is married to Barbara Tausia, a Belgian choreographer, and enjoys playing tennis in his free time. Together, they have a son.[35] He acted in the 2002 film Le Boulet as a footballer named Nicolas. He has stated that, when he retires from football, he would like to work in the film industry because he has a friend in the business.[36] He said: "I have a friend who's a producer, who makes lots of films. He recently did Asterix. So it's already agreed that I'm going to do other films. It helps to know actors and producers. It's different to football and it's something I enjoy very much because there's no ball. I like pretending to be somebody else, it's fun."

After discussing religion with some childhood friends, Anelka converted to Islam in 2004 in the United Arab Emirates, taking the Muslim name of Abdul-Salam Bilal.[37][38] Initially, Anelka considered leaving European football to play in the U.A.E.: "I am ready to stay here and to play for a club in the Emirates. I am not keen to go back to England or France." However, this did not come to pass and he briefly moved to Turkey instead.[39]

Acting careers on a whim, religious conversions after casual chats?

Nutter

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.