Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-worst-display
    This points why he took off mata, united did the same with us when we were 3-0 up. I can't say that what he did was the wrong decision. Mata was ineffective today lets be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Has your season literally gone down the ****ter :awesome:
    Indeed it has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Indeed it has.
    I've been slating arsenal for years, then this happens... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    So, what happens when we get rid of this manager, then we need another manager, you think mourinho will come to us if we sack his no2 man? What happens, when another top team takes a punt on this manager, then he makes them a top class team? Or do you expect us to get capello or something?

We'll be pissed off because we never gave him enough time, anyway, we're not going to do an arsenal, we have a job vs napoli, who have been crumbling in their league, a win against them will give us the momentum that we need to go upwards.
    Yes, but Chelsea does not have time on it's side. We need to qualify for the Champions League every year because it is a valuable source of income that we so desperately need.

When was the last Premier League game we won convincingly? It was Newcastle all the way back on the 3rd of December.

And Napoli, well, they might be struggling, but if we perform like we did today. They will beat us, by a lot. I was watching the game today, and it wasn't that Everton were good, they were average, it was that Chelsea were so unbelievably bad.

In terms of momentum, well we all thought we were getting momentum with those wins over Valencia and Man City 2 months ago, but look at us now:

- Since Man City, we have only got 12 points from 30 in the Premier League
    - Out of those 10 games, we have only won 2
    - This is the lowest amount of points we've ever had on February 11th, than with previous seasons under Abramovich
    - Our Centre Fowards (Drogba, Torres, Lukaku) have combined scored only 2 goals in the past 20 Premier League games

This is worse than Arsenal, we've just been masking it through lucky wins and draws. (i.e. Lampard's Sunderland Goal and Bosingwa's Swansea equaliser)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Yes, but Chelsea does not have time on it's side. We need to qualify for the Champions League every year because it is a valuable source of income that we so desperately need.

When was the last Premier League game we won convincingly? It was Newcastle all the way back on the 3rd of December.

And Napoli, well, they might be struggling, but if we perform like we did today. They will beat us, by a lot. I was watching the game today, and it wasn't that Everton were good, they were average, it was that Chelsea were so unbelievably bad.

In terms of momentum, well we all thought we were getting momentum with those wins over Valencia and Man City 2 months ago, but look at us now:

- Since Man City, we have only got 12 points from 30 in the Premier League
    - Out of those 10 games, we have only won 2
    - This is the lowest amount of points we've ever had on February 11th, than with previous seasons under Abramovich
    - Our Centre Fowards (Drogba, Torres, Lukaku) have combined scored only 2 goals in the past 20 Premier League games

This is worse than Arsenal, we've just been masking it through lucky wins and draws. (i.e. Lampard's Sunderland Goal and Bosingwa's Swansea equaliser)
    So, basically, we need to sort out our midfield, because it can't be that none of the strikers are doing well, it's that they're not getting enough chances since even an in form sturridge in the CF position didn't score or get chances. We're playing some terrible football, creating no chances, but retaining possession, because our players are talented enough to get 60% possession every game but can't do anything in the final 3rd. Added to the fact our defence is a shambles without terry doesn't help.

Terry needs to come back...so does ramires and we should just get rid of the 4-3-3 formation unless romeu/mikel is in the first team because Meireles and essien are not DM's. Romeu should have played today.

ReputationRep:
    Swapping Managers is obviously not the best solution. Its what we have been doing for the past 4 years and look where we are now. We need stability, and that comes from keeping the manager. On the pitch on the other hand changes need to be made.
    First of all the attacking mentality. I watched today's game and on countless ocassions you would find the midfilders with the ball in the middles of the park, waiting 10 seconds before decicing who to pass to, and end up passing it back to Cech who with all do respects ends up booting it for a throw or giving it away. Chelsea need to look forward.
    Seconly Mata has to play in the attacking midfield position. Ive noticed his pace isnt on the level of ronaldo or messi, so being on the wing isnt much good. Instead, like Silva and Nasri, he should be in the middle, to be able to feed it to Torres.
    Thirdly. Torres. Unfortunately it seems as though it may never work for him in Chelsea, however we still have faith. I say try him with mata in the middle. If it doesnt work, let Lukaku have a go. The lad at least came closer today than torres did in the whole game.
    Finally, Passion; or rather, lack of it. Chelsea have just lost the will to win. And like the commentators said today, it was only everton who were striving to get the tackles in or darting into the box to get a goal, all the way till the last whistle...even though they were winning! We need to gain some of this passion back and FAST!

ReputationRep:
    One thing I am also bewildered about is AVB's constant need to play Bosingwa....FFS he is absolutely useless, not Chelsea standard at all.

Back 4 today should have been:

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Ivanovic has been neglected under AVB, but yet he is clearly better than Bosingwa. And despite the 3 goals, Cahill was very good against United, why drop him?

First of all the attacking mentality
    Well, maybe it's the fact that our midfielders have completely lost trust in Torres, or can't find him.

One thing I've noticed about Torres is that he drifts out of position all the time. He's called a Centre Foward for a reason, so he should stay in the freaking centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faridk)
    Swapping Managers is obviously not the best solution. Its what we have been doing for the past 4 years and look where we are now. We need stability, and that comes from keeping the manager. On the pitch on the other hand changes need to be made.
    First of all the attacking mentality. I watched today's game and on countless ocassions you would find the midfilders with the ball in the middles of the park, waiting 10 seconds before decicing who to pass to, and end up passing it back to Cech who with all do respects ends up booting it for a throw or giving it away. Chelsea need to look forward.
    Seconly Mata has to play in the attacking midfield position. Ive noticed his pace isnt on the level of ronaldo or messi, so being on the wing isnt much good. Instead, like Silva and Nasri, he should be in the middle, to be able to feed it to Torres.
    Thirdly. Torres. Unfortunately it seems as though it may never work for him in Chelsea, however we still have faith. I say try him with mata in the middle. If it doesnt work, let Lukaku have a go. The lad at least came closer today than torres did in the whole game.
    Finally, Passion; or rather, lack of it. Chelsea have just lost the will to win. And like the commentators said today, it was only everton who were striving to get the tackles in or darting into the box to get a goal, all the way till the last whistle...even though they were winning! We need to gain some of this passion back and FAST!
    Yeah, chelsea were outclassed today. I reckon what you said is what we need to do. I also think meireles should be benched and lampard and essien play in the CM positions.
    If he wants to go 4-3-3 with mata on the left, fine, but use romeu or mikel in DM, not essien. Romeu preferrably because he'll pass it forward to a more advanced player with pace, mikel spends too long on the ball, he may be great at tackling and passing, but his speed and decision making lets him down, especially when we need to counter attack.

ReputationRep:
    Some people overreacting a bit too much here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    One thing I am also bewildered about is AVB's constant need to play Bosingwa....FFS he is absolutely useless, not Chelsea standard at all.

Back 4 today should have been:

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Ivanovic has been neglected under AVB, but yet he is clearly better than Bosingwa. And despite the 3 goals, Cahill was very good against United, why drop him?

Well, maybe it's the fact that our midfielders have completely lost trust in Torres, or can't find him.

One thing I've noticed about Torres is that he drifts out of position all the time. He's called a Centre Foward for a reason, so he should stay in the freaking centre.
    I dunno what happened with bosingwa, he was easily one of the best in the league at the start of the season, he was pretty good in the united game too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Some people overreacting a bit too much here!
    How so? This has been a dreadful, dreadful season in so many ways.

ReputationRep:
    We're not arsenal, why are we competing with them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please, our goal was always going to be finish in the top 4 and retain CL football, and at this moment in time, we are on course to do so. If we get past Napoli next round I will consider this season to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that AVB doesn't get sacked at the end of the season, that really is the last thing we need. Yes, it's been a disappointing season but he is trying to rebuild the squad, and it's nigh on impossible to do that in one season. We need to get rid of some of the older players, get a better defense line and actually start with Torres, give him the opportunities to actually score rather than benching him when he makes a little mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, we should absolutely not sack AVB. It is only a bad season due to our extremely high standards.

Alex Ferguson took a couple of seasons before he won anything and AVB needs time to develop and rebuild the squad.

ReputationRep:
    Why do we even bother playing with a CF? None of them can score goals, lets just drop the position and stick another defender in. Combined, Drogba + lukaku + torres have scored 2 goals in the league. Just because they are expensive doesnt mean we have to play them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please, our goal was always going to be finish in the top 4 and retain CL football, and at this moment in time, we are on course to do so. If we get past Napoli next round I will consider this season to be successful.
    I disagree, I think we could've expected a title challenge, which simply hasn't materialised. Even if our aim was to retain Champions League qualification, our ponderous, pedestrian performances; complete failure to reinvent our style and defensive disasters would still have made this season a mediocre one at best thus far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Why do we even bother playing with a CF? None of them can score goals, lets just drop the position and stick another defender in. Combined, Drogba + lukaku + torres have scored 2 goals in the league. Just because they are expensive doesnt mean we have to play them.
    Two goals in the last twenty games, you mean. Yes, that's still utterly dismal, but not quite as bad as that. I say give Lukaku more of a go. Start Torres, but give Lukaku a chance as an impact substitute if Torres isn't performing. Worst that can happen is that, like Torres, he doesn't score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I really hope that AVB doesn't get sacked at the end of the season, that really is the last thing we need. Yes, it's been a disappointing season but he is trying to rebuild the squad, and it's nigh on impossible to do that in one season. We need to get rid of some of the older players, get a better defense line and actually start with Torres, give him the opportunities to actually score rather than benching him when he makes a little mistake.
    He's not going to last until the end of the month, never mind the end of the season. The Birmingham game is pretty much irrelevant, but lose to either Napoli or Bolton and it's goodnight Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, our goal was to win the league, how do we go from league winners to top 4 contenders in 2 years?
    This has been our worst season since abramovich came, in fact, ranieri did better the year before abramovich gave us any money than this season, that's saying something, we're doing crap, and we'll be lucky to even get 65 points.

WE ARE NOT ARSENAL!!!!

(Original post by lubus)
    We might as well get another winger/midfielder, since they're the only people doing something while the rest are doing **** all. We are a ****ing shambles without terry in defence, I never ever want to see bosingwa and ivanovic play right next to each other with Bos as RB and ivanovic as CB, it's basically giving the other team 3 points. If bosingwa is playing, we need someone solid as a CB playing next to him, terry or cahill, we don't want luiz right next to bosingwa, because he'll be playing left wing while bosingwa's probably at the corner flag when they're counter attacking us. Luiz is a good defender though, I guess that's why we play him next to cole.

I had this problem in football manager, I resolved it by playing 4-6-0, as much as I don't want to take the piss, it feels like we might as well be playing that and torres might as well be another winger, he's probably better than malouda (who I don't want to see in the chelsea shirt again) and can whip in a decent cross. We can do what we did with anelka again.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.