Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    What does transition mean though? Change? I don't see much of that happening in terms of personnel any more then usual or in playing style. Decline and transition are different.
    The transition for me is with both personnel as well as philosophy. Your looking to pass more and retain possession rather than defending resolutely this season.

All the other managers after Mourinho decided to carry on his philosophy and ideology. Boas has decided to change it with devastating results. It's obvious he needs time and resources to change this team again. There is no quick fix.

ReputationRep:
    Edited my post since by the way ^

I think passing and retaining possession we've done for a while now, in the last few seasons we've been up there with Arsenal as the most passes in the league and usually up there in terms of accuracy. I don't really see any real change in philosophy from our recent performances like there was at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Some fans just need to have patience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I don't understand why Chelsea fans can't see it's a transitional phase at the moment. You aren't going to be winning every game and you can't attribute poor player performances on Boas solely. You need to see whether Torres has still got it to play in the Premier league this season. If not, you need to sell him. You need to fix your team as some of the older players are holding you back.

Abramovic and most Chelsea fans need to realise football doesn't work by sacking the manager every season if they can't win a trophy. No manager could with the current squad you have. Villas Boas is actually a very good manager who needs time to fix the after-math of Mourinho.
    We shouldn't sack AVB, look, with the terry is too slow stuff, we got wiped off the floor without him by everton, we need terry, cahill is overrated and i've always been against the signing, but a 26 year old international for 7 million who's basically doing the job alex used to do is a good deal tbh. Luiz will be a top defender, he's criticised too much for his attacking talent, but when pique does it(who makes quite a few mistakes too), he's the best defender in the world because it's in spain and he's had time to show his talent and integrate into the barca side, yet he was "crap" for man united.

I don't know why everyone complains about lampard, he's got 9 goals this season and wins us games. I would rather have him than meireles, although he doesn't contribute to our play as much as he used too, I miss his long range shots(after taking 10 and scoring 1 ) but he still gets the tap ins that torres should be getting.

Anyway, it took berbatov 3 seasons to settle at united and he broke through with style and got top goalscorer despite being on the bench for half a season.

Also, for those who say we can't win the league with our squad, you don't go from league winners to top 4 hopefuls in two seasons, had AVB maintained the defensive strategy, we would be doing better, but to be fair, his philosophy is more exciting, I don't want to see slow build up play though where we have the ball but create no chances whatsoever, I would rather play like stoke than watch our team pass the other team to death and still lose like the everton match.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...g-Chelsea-cull

This is interesting, I like where he's going with this, we give him another season, he'll come good, but he should try and win the FA cup, we're favourites, I don't see tottenham winning a thing this season, they're basically us 10 years ago. Liverpool don't need the FA cup if they beat cardiff and would focus on top 4, arsenal are going to crash like they always do, so who can really win besides chelsea?

I reckon since chelsea are under so much pressure, we'll win the match against napoli, just like what happened with valencia earlier on. I think the everton defeat has kicked the players in the backside.

In terms of players he's saying don't fit his project, I'm guessing he means, bosingwa, mikel, malouda, kalou and maybe one or two of the old guard.

Ranieri told AVB that he has to win a trophy, I'm guessing ranieri knows what he's talking about, since he got to the Semi final of the CL and got 2nd in the league and was still sacked and ancelotti's sacking last season was disgraceful

Besides facing everton, where they take it to penalties and win like they always ****ing do in the FA cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Liverpool don't need the FA cup if they beat cardiff and would focus on top 4
    I doubt it tbh.

Dalglish will want to win the FA Cup as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    I doubt it tbh.

Dalglish will want to win the FA Cup as well.
    I'm going to agree, I think Liverpool need/want silverware to show that their new investment has brought them some sort of trophy.

Tbh, I think out of all the players that need to go aka, Malouda, Mikel etc, I think Bosingwa fits in the most to AVB's system. He loves flying full backs and yes Bosingwa isn't defensively any good but he does become one of our better attacking players when everyone else fails and is usually an outlet on the right hand side when Sturridge cuts inside. Not saying we should keep him but he does work in the system. I reckon we'll try for Alvaro Pereira again in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.carefreechronicles.com/20...eived-and.html

Thought this was a pretty good article on the whole Torres issue. Looks at the argument that he doesn't get enough service and as a result isn't scoring goals and the writer compares Torres' recent games to RVP.

ReputationRep:
    Team for tomorrow should be:

Torres
    Mata Sturridge
    Lampard Ramires
    Essien
    Cole Terry Cahill Ivanovic
    Cech

FA Cup is our only real chance of silverware this season, and with Man Utd & City out, we should really go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)

Torres
    Mata Sturridge
    Lampard Ramires
    Cech

FA Cup is our only real chance of silverware this season, and with Man Utd & City out, we should really go for it.
    I reckon mikel should be the DM, to give him a game I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)

Torres
    Mata Sturridge
    Lampard Ramires
    Cech

Playing with 10 men? Im not too sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdr95)
    Playing with 10 men? Im not too sure...
    Woops, my bad.

Edited.

ReputationRep:
    :woohoo: Loving it, ****ing terrible defending from Chelsea about 6 players marking one player :coma:

"Your getting sacked in the morning" was ridiculously loud then as well.

Idiot challenge on Ramires, clearly was going to throw himself to the floor for anything as he just booted the ball away :sigh:

SAVED :woohoo: AMAZING. LOVE IT AHAHAHAHAHAH M:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, whilst this would be a humiliating loss, I don't think the FA Cup appears on Roman's radar. I still think that either a loss to Bolton or a CL exit via Napoli will be the end.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this sucks

ReputationRep:
    **** off Sturridge you diving little prick. That **** really annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    **** off Sturridge you diving little prick. That **** really annoys me.
    He did it against QPR too

ReputationRep:
    Not even half hour gone, keep up the faith. Surely Torres will score this game, surely..

ReputationRep:
    I think your manager is getting the sack in the morning :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    I think your manager is getting the sack in the morning :ciao:
    I don't think so

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.