Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well AVB, it was nice while it lasted.

Mourinho anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Not a great start, poor defending at corner and Mata very unlucky not to score the penalty with a super save.

Really need to win this game as FA Cup is only realistic trophy this season.

Even if we lose now and at Napoli, I think AVB will not be sacked. He is long-term.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to those moronic fans at the ground, what a brilliant way to undermine the manager and the players :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Are they actually singing Mourinho's name? :rofl2: How moronic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    I love watching the long term Chelsea crumble :rofl2: Daniel Sturiddge has now taken to shooting whenever he gets the ball in the Birmingham half :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Not even half hour gone, keep up the faith. Surely Torres will score this game, surely..
    I hear the bookies have built a shrine to Fernando "Poppy Montgomery" Torres. He's the gift that never stops giving. They must have made so many millions off the "first goalscorer" bets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I love watching the long term Chelsea crumble :rofl2: Daniel Sturiddge has now taken to shooting whenever he gets the ball in the Birmingham half :mmm:
    Apparently it was the Brum fans who were chanting it, not Chelsea fans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    It's the Birmingham fans singing it, having a laugh at the home mob.

ReputationRep:
    The difference in pace between our players is disgraceful, we need to up the tempo, our strikers need fast tempo. That penalty was disgraceful as well. And birmingham just have to park the bus and get organised and set the ball, plus we don't create enough chances.

ReputationRep:
    at least no one is able to say tht we are losing because of having old players anymore.

ReputationRep:
    That ESPN desk is ridiculous :rofl2:

Chelseas pitch is ridiculously small which I don't think helps.

ReputationRep:
    Also Napoli won 3-0 away from home last night, doesn't look good for us at all!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but based on this performance Napoli will eat u guys alive :eating:

ReputationRep:
    What a cross from ivanovic. Damn I wish he was as fast as bosingwa, also bertrands having a beast of a game.

ReputationRep:
    Torres is surely going to leave in the Summer.

ReputationRep:
    avb out!!!no1 to blame but him, how cn we draw a championship side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    no1 to blame but him,
    Apart from the players...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Birmingham are tough. Plus united lost to a league 1 leeds two years ago.
    Birmingham is the type of team we struggle against, similar to the everton at goodison, they'll sit back, drop deep and there will be a lot of players in their box when chelsea attack, they get a set piece and attack with one/two men trying to break our line of defence, then when we clear it, they have all their players back.

Problem is, bar mata and sturridge (who are playing as wingers) we don't have anyone creative enough in the middle. meireles is average and should be subbed for lampard when we face napoli.

I may sound like i'm making an excuse for torres, he played poor and his touch was off, but how many times did he actually get a touch of the ball, as much as drogba helped us today, he had no good service either which was why we didn't score, the overhead passes from meireles will be cleared by the last defender, same for the crosses, and besides mata and lampard who can honestly pick out a good pass in our team?

I would say our best player today was bertrand, no one got a sniff on his side, maybe napoli is too early a game for him, but I would say he did a job as good as cole would. might need to work on his delivery though, we didn't really use him enough when going forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Apart from the players...
    Yeah, I agree with you for once, heck if the players played well, we wouldn't be in this mess. But I fancy us to beat birmingham next time, they'll be fatigued from all the games this season and will focus on being promoted.

Napoli, i'm not too worried though, we might need to use the old guard in that match.

Also, I can say this now, ramires is better than essien.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Because, clearly, what we need to provide some stability is yet another manager being given the sack...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.