Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    avb out!!!no1 to blame but him, how cn we draw a championship side.
    Because the players didn't perform well enough?

ReputationRep:
    Wow...wow...wow...all I can say..

Yes Torres wasn't at his best today (Fine, he hasn't been for a while BUT) he had no service today, Meireles was absolutely poor with his passes today, Ramires showed us how much we missed him. David Luiz was not surprisingly the one to give us some forward momentum. Bertrand was solid. I'm surprised, Kalou actually put in a good shift, he played better than Malouda has in the last few weeks. We need to improve for Napoli, Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi will be a handful and could eat us alive. They generally play a 3-4-3 so we'll need JT and Cole back.

Mikel ignored AVB's handshake and Lampard was angry coming on, ignored the tactics being told to him, think those 2 are ones who may not support the project? Mata showed a bit of dissent coming off but yeah...

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you guys go Kalou----Torres----Sturridge?

It would free up space in the middle for Mata to play. You guys have such poor creativity through the middle and it will cost you 4th if it isn't sorted.

ReputationRep:
    AVB is 5/2 to get sacked by midnight.

ReputationRep:
    Why couldn't you have just put us out of our misery? Whyyy??
    I was hoping for (and fully expecting) a straightforward 3-0 or more loss
    But no, instead we get a replay and slide ever slowly away from promotion.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Chelsea 2-0 up against Blackpool and cruising already ... #facup
    https://twitter.com/#!/itvfootball/s...87408827641856

I bet you guys would be loving this tbh.

Hm... Surely if you don't get top 4 and are out of all cup comps then maybe AVB should get the sack? but I think Roman won't sack him as I think he is still backing AVB.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the Chelsea players are deliberately playing bad in order to get AVB sacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Wow...wow...wow...all I can say..

Yes Torres wasn't at his best today (Fine, he hasn't been for a while BUT) he had no service today, Meireles was absolutely poor with his passes today, Ramires showed us how much we missed him. David Luiz was not surprisingly the one to give us some forward momentum. Bertrand was solid. I'm surprised, Kalou actually put in a good shift, he played better than Malouda has in the last few weeks. We need to improve for Napoli, Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi will be a handful and could eat us alive. They generally play a 3-4-3 so we'll need JT and Cole back.

Mikel ignored AVB's handshake and Lampard was angry coming on, ignored the tactics being told to him, think those 2 are ones who may not support the project? Mata showed a bit of dissent coming off but yeah...
    I think, AVB reminds me a bit like ranieri,
    Ranieri did something similar to dennis wise, kept on making strange substitutions and putting him as a left back with 1 minute to go when they're winning so he decided to leave. I really think we need lampard to play ahead of meireles for the napoli game.

Also, kalou didn't do too badly, maybe it's a case of confidence and being benched that made him so poor. Also, ramires is better than essien, I said it, he's faster than essien and more energetic, essien lacks the pace to get in each match, I think he's become slower but is stronger, however you can rely on essien to do a piledriver of a shot.

I wonder how essien sees AVB, I think he's not really angry at him, he seems more dignified. Also, mikel should go tbh, I don't really care anymore, he's too slow with his build up play, AVB's project is to speed up the play and push high up, mikel isn't the type of person to do that, he's a good player, but he'll be more suited to a team like inter.

I think AVB wants the 4-5-1 tactic and we play best with that tactic, but doesn't have the players to do it, the winger and central midfielder especially.
    I think we should try and alternate the 4-5-1 with the 4-3-3 midgame against napoli, with essien/romeu dropping deep as a DM when napoli are counter attacking and lampard as the CM with mata behind the striker/winger over the game, it's sad we don't have someone on the right who can do what mata does as well.

Also, I think drogba raised the crowd and did better than torres, but in reality, I think torres lacks this leader personality, he's gone from being a hero at liverpool who drives his team on to a shell at chelsea, notice how torres was unable to motivate the team/drive them on like drogba and sturridge did. It's torres' lack of confidence. I think he just lacks the mentality at chelsea and until he becomes confident in his ability, he's going to be like this for a long time.

Also, what has happened to romeu? Haven't seen him for some time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Why couldn't you have just put us out of our misery? Whyyy??
    I was hoping for (and fully expecting) a straightforward 3-0 or more loss
    But no, instead we get a replay and slide ever slowly away from promotion.
    Gives us a less tough cup tie. I blame your team for defending for 90 mins. I think you'll win by reaching the playoffs, I think southampton deserve the automatic promotion, and I live next to upton park so of course I want the hammers in the prem.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit of a hopeless situation for AVB now really.

He's gone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Gives us a less tough cup tie. I blame your team for defending for 90 mins. I think you'll win by reaching the playoffs, I think southampton deserve the automatic promotion, and I live next to upton park so of course I want the hammers in the prem.
    Yeah there wasn't much else we could do with all our strikers out injured though, were not just going to sit down in the middle of the pitch. It's not like we could play the reserves either, we don't have any.

Nah we're never going to go up what with all these cup matches, and our financial situation means we are constantly offloading our best players. We'll probably go into admin by the end of the season and get 11 points docked. We've already slipped to sixth and we are never going to beat Barnsley Tuesday with our players as nakkered as they are after today's game.

Anyway I'm sure you will win by a solid 3 goals next time.

ReputationRep:
    No, we need AVB to stay, otherwise this season will have been a complete waste.

The players are dire. Honestly quite shocking - especially when you consider how they played only two seasons ago.

What do we need? I really don't know personally, but we need to start winning games - no more bloody draws.

ReputationRep:
    People saying Drogba was good, no he was just as poor as Torres, Chelsea have got to be one of the least creative sides in the league. Meireles was piss poor his passing was crud. Mikel what does AVB see in him? He cant pass forward nor break up the play. Id say teams like Stoke and Bolton are more creative then you lot. Good luck with Napoli next week cause if you continue like that your heading the same way as Arsenal. All drogba did was rush the keeper to hurry up and that riled up the crowd? If thats what Chelsea fans get worked up about then id be worried. Just all round abysmal from Chelsea its like their trying to play to get AVB out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Seems a bit of a hopeless situation for AVB now really.

He's gone...
    Yeah, because we're going to sack a manager right before a champions league game on tuesday...hiddink is at anzhi, so we're not getting him anymore, or wait, do you expect us to get capello after he got screwed by the FA... sure he's gone. Abramovich isn't that stupid.

If AVB gets sacked,(which I think he won't personally) it'll be after the napoli match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    People saying Drogba was good, no he was just as poor as Torres, Chelsea have got to be one of the least creative sides in the league. Meireles was piss poor his passing was crud. Mikel what does AVB see in him? He cant pass forward nor break up the play. Id say teams like Stoke and Bolton are more creative then you lot. Good luck with Napoli next week cause if you continue like that your heading the same way as Arsenal. All drogba did was rush the keeper to hurry up and that riled up the crowd? If thats what Chelsea fans get worked up about then id be worried. Just all round abysmal from Chelsea its like their trying to play to get AVB out.
    Yeah, I completely get what you mean, but tbh, I wouldn't even say they were poor, torres got 11 touches in the first half, while drogba got something similar in the second, that's disgraceful tbh. Did you ever see torres or drogba run with the ball? Like I said, they got no service, so how do you expect them to do something when they don't get a touch of the ball?

Also, I think bertrand should start some premier league games when we're in a better position because he played really well, heck I'll say that performance was ashley cole like. (he might need to work on getting crosses in, I think he made one cross the whole match)

Mikel only played that match because he's been injured for some time, we all know that AVB prefers romeu(who should really play against napoli) and we'll see Mikel and others leave in the summer.

Meireles was terrible today, he's been an average player for us this season. I think he needs time to fully settle, ramires was poor for half a season.

Also, luiz and cahill played pretty well today, they can make a great partnership in the near future with the high line as well, although john terry is the best defender on the team, he needs to play vs napoli.

(Original post by USB)
    No, we need AVB to stay, otherwise this season will have been a complete waste.

The players are dire. Honestly quite shocking - especially when you consider how they played only two seasons ago.

What do we need? I really don't know personally, but we need to start winning games - no more bloody draws.
    Exactly, I think our team 2 years ago would wipe the floor of this city team and would have probably got to the final last year against barcelona too. The players we have at their best can easily match city, just that we've been poor this season. It sounds like the players aren't motivated enough, drogba and sturridge where the only players who were vocal and it helped us a lot. The way we're playing, we really should be in mid table if it wasn't for mata, ramires and sturridge. They are easily our players of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah, because we're going to sack a manager right before a champions league game on tuesday...hiddink is at anzhi, so we're not getting him anymore, or wait, do you expect us to get capello after he got screwed by the FA... sure he's gone. Abramovich isn't that stupid.

If AVB gets sacked,(which I think he won't personally) it'll be after the napoli match.
    :holmes:

He is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    :holmes:

He is.
    Of course he is, look, who in the actual **** would go to chelsea, he might as well try and get wenger, benitez or ferguson if he wants to go for capello.

No one he could possibly get, so he won't sack AVB yet.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIsdDlTc7Vk <----Those days seem so distant now :'(

ReputationRep:
    it cost 22m pounds worth of costs just to get AVB at Chelsea, why would they pay loads more just to sack him. Even Abramovic wouldn't do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faridk)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIsdDlTc7Vk <----Those days seem so distant now :'(
    That video really does bum me out.

Talk about rapid decline...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.