Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah, I completely get what you mean, but tbh, I wouldn't even say they were poor, torres got 11 touches in the first half, while drogba got something similar in the second, that's disgraceful tbh. Did you ever see torres or drogba run with the ball? Like I said, they got no service, so how do you expect them to do something when they don't get a touch of the ball?

Also, I think bertrand should start some premier league games when we're in a better position because he played really well, heck I'll say that performance was ashley cole like. (he might need to work on getting crosses in, I think he made one cross the whole match)

Mikel only played that match because he's been injured for some time, we all know that AVB prefers romeu(who should really play against napoli) and we'll see Mikel and others leave in the summer.

Meireles was terrible today, he's been an average player for us this season. I think he needs time to fully settle, ramires was poor for half a season.

Also, luiz and cahill played pretty well today, they can make a great partnership in the near future with the high line as well, although john terry is the best defender on the team, he needs to play vs napoli.

Exactly, I think our team 2 years ago would wipe the floor of this city team and would have probably got to the final last year against barcelona too. The players we have at their best can easily match city, just that we've been poor this season. It sounds like the players aren't motivated enough, drogba and sturridge where the only players who were vocal and it helped us a lot. The way we're playing, we really should be in mid table if it wasn't for mata, ramires and sturridge. They are easily our players of the year.
    Bertrand impressed me i think he can say he put in a good shift. But The support for Drogba and Torres was just non existent they cant score if they dont get chances. In general most of the team looks unsecure even Cech doesnt look as good as he used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    That video really does bum me out.

Talk about rapid decline...
    This frustrates me, our team of 2010 would batter the city team of now, even malouda got past the full backs and put in good crosses. Damn we were good then, Did you see drogba's touch for one of the goals, absolute class mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Bertrand impressed me i think he can say he put in a good shift. But The support for Drogba and Torres was just non existent they cant score if they dont get chances. In general most of the team looks unsecure even Cech doesnt look as good as he used to be.
    I know, Drogba drived the team on, but even pumping balls into the box to a target man like drogba didn't help, because none of them reached him. Looks like maccy7 was right before about drogba, he gets no service, had he been at tottenham with bale, lennon and modric behind, he will be top classs like he's always been. Our morale has been shattered and until we beat napoli, it will be like that until the end of the season. All our first halfs have been poor this year and I think that has costed us.

ReputationRep:
    I know, Drogba drived the team on, but even pumping balls into the box to a target man like drogba didn't help, because none of them reached him.
    They need a really fast winger and something creative cause they seem to lack any inspiration or creativity

ReputationRep:
    They need a really fast winger and something creative cause they seem to lack any inspiration or creativity
    Yup, we should have got krasic tbh, because no one goes behind the full backs from the crosses, we're too predictable as well, pass around, pump a long ball into the box that's cleared by the last man, or pass to sturridge where he'll struggle to cut inside so will be forced onto his right foot and put in a low cross(which admittedly he's gone better at now) to whoever's in the box, I also never see enough players in the box. there will be 5 defenders to 1 or two attackers all the time, we only scored when loads of players were in the box.

Also, ivanovic is beasty when attacking(great at crossing), if he was as fast as bosingwa or cole, he would be the best right back in the premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, we should have got krasic tbh, because no one goes behind the full backs from the crosses, we're too predictable as well, pass around, pump a long ball into the box that's cleared by the last man, or pass to sturridge where he'll struggle to cut inside so will be forced onto his right foot and put in a low cross(which admittedly he's gone better at now) to whoever's in the box, I also never see enough players in the box. there will be 5 defenders to 1 or two attackers all the time, we only scored when loads of players were in the box.

Also, ivanovic is beasty when attacking(great at crossing), if he was as fast as bosingwa or cole, he would be the best right back in the premiership.
    I think Ivanovic is truly underrated hes solid as a rock and i think he does well going forward even when hes not that fast. Chelsea are too predictable and too slow no incisive passes to split the other team and when the other team parks the bus they look confused about what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly; we're too slow in our build up play.

We've got Mata, but he's restricted as there isn't another one of him.

ReputationRep:
    I think Ivanovic is truly underrated hes solid as a rock and i think he does well going forward even when hes not that fast. Chelsea are too predictable and too slow no incisive passes to split the other team and when the other team parks the bus they look confused about what to do.

(Original post by USB)
    Exactly; we're too slow in our build up play.

We've got Mata, but he's restricted as there isn't another one of him.
    At least we don't have it as bad as arsenal, we have the quality to actually change our fortunes, they don't. Also, liverpool look like strong top 4 contenders, but I think we're better than them. The problem with replacing the old guard is that we don't have the new guard yet. Only real leader in our team who's young now is probably daniel sturridge, the guy wins us games. Mata will get a banner for us and be chanted all over stamford bridge like zola too, but damn we need a fast winger who can pass/cross like mata can do. I was up for sinclair, but his end product isn't the best, we'll basically have a daniel sturridge on the right hand side. We need a winger who has end product in passing and crossing. Not sure about de bruyne, so I would say stick krasic there. He has the pace and the crossing ability.

Had we bought moutinho or modric, our fortunes would have changed. Bloody pastore had to be a ***** and chase the money at PSG too. Anyway.

Team sheet for tuesday should be

Cech, ivan, terry(if fit or cahill), luiz, cole(if fit) or bertrand/bosingwa(too early for a big game for bertrand)
    Romeu, ramires, lampard
    Mata, sturridge, drogba/torres(wouldn't make a difference since neither get any service)

I would say drogba will start, because of his leadership skills, torres doesn't have it because he lacks confidence but if he becomes a prolific striker until the end of the season he will become more of a leader. Drogba doesn't score, but even then he's still confident in his ability.

ReputationRep:
    Right I'm going to play for Chelsea as RW/RM

I'd do a better job than any players we've got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)

A plank of wood would be better then Malouda the guy is awful. In the summer they need just a guy with electric pace who can worry the full backs because right now the opposing team full backs can just double team whoever is playing center forward because of how bad malouda is.

ReputationRep:

I could too, I'm gonna go to the chelsea trials.

ReputationRep:
    A plank of wood would be better then Malouda the guy is awful. In the summer they need just a guy with electric pace who can worry the full backs because right now the opposing team full backs can just double team whoever is playing center forward because of how bad malouda is.
    Lol, I wish this was football manager, I got a french kid for free, has lightning pace, alright dribbling and can whip in a great cross. Would do a much better job than malouda, malouda is dire as ****, 3 seasons he was ****, has a great year and a half between 09 and jan 11 and is now an absolute ****head.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I wish this was football manager, I got a french kid for free, has lightning pace, alright dribbling and can whip in a great cross. Would do a much better job than malouda, malouda is dire as ****, 3 seasons he was ****, has a great year and a half between 09 and jan 11 and is now an absolute ****head.
    Jesus navas haha that dude is mindblowingly fast although he has gone of the radar but just anyone who is fast would be brilliant then teams cant just double up on mata and the forward.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus navas haha that dude is mindblowingly fast although he has gone of the radar but just anyone who is fast would be brilliant then teams cant just double up on mata and the forward.
    At this rate, we're just are going to buy spains second team. Oh well, no one better who we realistically can get, plus he'll be around 20 million. Think my FM guy has similar stats to navas as well. Sturridge is fast as well, he doesn't have the technical passing ability, he can dribble, but he can't whip in crosses like top class players like alonso, gerrard, bale and others.

ReputationRep:
    At this rate, we're just are going to buy spains second team. Oh well, no one better who we realistically can get, plus he'll be around 20 million. Think my FM guy has similar stats to navas as well. Sturridge is fast as well, he doesn't have the technical passing ability, he can dribble, but he can't whip in crosses like top class players like alonso, gerrard, bale and others.
    Oh god if chelsea had Bale that would be so amazing. One can dream but sadly never gonna happen. You need to push for Hazard that guy is good but he looks like he wants spain.

ReputationRep:
    I could too, I'm gonna go to the chelsea trials.
    Same haha... I'd even try playing as striker

The way we're playing lately it wouldn't be hard to become top goalscorer :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god if chelsea had Bale that would be so amazing. One can dream but sadly never gonna happen. You need to push for Hazard that guy is good but he looks like he wants spain.
    Hazard is interesting, but he's a left winger inside forward, we need a natural winger more than a hazard/neymar player, I reckon we can stick them on the right, but a straight up navas type player would be great. Although, any winger is better than what we have at the moment, but we'll be forking out 30-40 million for hazard or neymar. Hazard is madrid or barcelona bound and neymar probably is too, had we forked out the 35 million and got him last season, we wouldn't need the winger so badly.

ReputationRep:
    Same haha... I'd even try playing as striker

The way we're playing lately it wouldn't be hard to become top goalscorer :rofl:
    It really says a lot when in the centre forward position nobody has scored since november in the league.

ReputationRep:
    I think we have to accept that this season is a lost cause, and hope that over the summer AVB can get rid of the old guard, and bring in fresh, hungry players to replace them.

Torres simply needs a playmaker that we don't have. We need a left winger, so that Mata can move to a central position, that would really help Torres.

ReputationRep:
    Such a good draw for the quarter finals if we get through; we really have to now...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.