Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    I think we have to accept that this season is a lost cause, and hope that over the summer AVB can get rid of the old guard, and bring in fresh, hungry players to replace them.

Torres simply needs a playmaker that we don't have. We need a left winger, so that Mata can move to a central position, that would really help Torres.
    I totally agree with the first bit. We need to get rid of definitely Bosingwa, Mikel, Kalou, and Drogba, and arguably Terry. We also need to start blooding Bertrand and Courtois as Cech and Cole have been deteriorating this season.

However, I'm a bit bored of making excuses for Torres. Even if we don't have a playmaker, or play in a slow style (both of which I agree with), it doesn't excuse five goals in forty-eight games. That's pathetic and inexcusable.

ReputationRep:
    Did you know Fabio Borini has scored 7 goals for Roma this season?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think AVB could ask for a better opportunity to win a trophy after we've drawn Leicester City!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Yep, two against Inter as well the other week. Some young players just need opportunities really..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Yeah, he did good when he was on loan to Swansea aswell. It's a shame, but there were very limited opportunities for him at Chelsea.. Glad to see he's doing well though.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/20...ring#storyjump

Another article I came across actually looking at why Torres isn't scoring instead of insisting our squad is absent of any creativity. It is pretty ridiculous though that after spending 50mill on a striker we have to spend another 30-40mill on a midfield talent just to get him to score a goal or two.

Another look at 'Torres is getting enough service its not his fault'.

http://www.carefreechronicles.com/20...eived-and.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I know, Drogba drived the team on, but even pumping balls into the box to a target man like drogba didn't help, because none of them reached him. Looks like maccy7 was right before about drogba, he gets no service, had he been at tottenham with bale, lennon and modric behind, he will be top classs like he's always been. Our morale has been shattered and until we beat napoli, it will be like that until the end of the season. All our first halfs have been poor this year and I think that has costed us.
    You mean if you beat Napoli...

I would lol if you lost (and if you play like you have been recently, you'll get smashed).

Also, you're NOT getting Navas. He can barely leave Seville without getting homesick, nevermind moving to another country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You mean if you beat Napoli...

I would lol if you lost (and if you play like you have been recently, you'll get smashed).

Also, you're NOT getting Navas. He can barely leave Seville without getting homesick, nevermind moving to another country.
    Yeah I know, we'll not get navas, the other guy was suggesting it. I would have said cazorla, but he's happy at malaga getting his wages. I know we're not getting navas, tbh, I wish porto stopped being pricks because we took their manager again and just let us have hulk. I think we should just buy krasic tbh, he can't get into the juve team, but they've had a great season so far so it's understandable why.

Also, we've been stepping up in the second half this season, but we're always a shambles in the first half, I fancy napoli to get an early goal and draw 1-1. You are right though, we need to step up, but when it comes to big opposition e.g. valencia, man city, man united, we have stepped up on each occasion even when we were playing poor for the games before. Had we'd just kept our consistency when we beat valencia and city, we wouldn't be in this mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/20...ring#storyjump

Another article I came across actually looking at why Torres isn't scoring instead of insisting our squad is absent of any creativity. It is pretty ridiculous though that after spending 50mill on a striker we have to spend another 30-40mill on a midfield talent just to get him to score a goal or two.

Another look at 'Torres is getting enough service its not his fault'.

http://www.carefreechronicles.com/20...eived-and.html
    One thing about that, drogba is a target man, and the service was aerially to torres, meireles was poor the whole game, when playing with torres and with drogba. Although, yes, alan shearer said bobby robson said to him in a goal drought, 'how are you gonna score goals if you're at the right wing?' This is a simple case of that, he needs enough service. Drogba did play much better than torres, but he still didn't score, despite drogba's good runs. Because the service wasn't good enough.

I don't get how torres' positionining can be that poor though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Yep, two against Inter as well the other week. Some young players just need opportunities really..
    It pisses me off tbh, I watched borini a bit last season, he got the swans 8 goals, he scored a quality free kick too. I really wanted to see him shine at chelsea. Now roma will get back into the champions league the next season with their brand new squad and we'll be kicking ourselves in the teeth as borini becomes a class player. Same with gokhan tore, he's 19 and the likes of rubin kazan are looking at him already even though he's only played for HSV for 7 months.

ReputationRep:
    The worry about Torres is not the lack of service, its the fact he's missing chances that he would of gobbled up 4 years ago.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/12...hlights-video/

^^ this game is a perfect example. He had no service all game but got half a chance in the 90th minute and finished it.

Thats what made Torres so good. Not his movement or technique (Which was boss also)

ReputationRep:
    Who's worries are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    It pisses me off tbh, I watched borini a bit last season, he got the swans 8 goals, he scored a quality free kick too. I really wanted to see him shine at chelsea. Now roma will get back into the champions league the next season with their brand new squad and we'll be kicking ourselves in the teeth as borini becomes a class player. Same with gokhan tore, he's 19 and the likes of rubin kazan are looking at him already even though he's only played for HSV for 7 months.
    I was under the impression that he [Borini] himself was unwilling to extend his contract as he wanted to try his fortunes back in Italy. Don't know how much we could've done to keep him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    I was under the impression that he [Borini] himself was unwilling to extend his contract as he wanted to try his fortunes back in Italy. Don't know how much we could've done to keep him.
    I reckon he just thought he was never going to break into the first team. If sturridge wasn't as successful our strikers (torres in particular) were firing on all cylinders he would never get a chance even if he was playing well.

ReputationRep:
    I remember a similar thing with Lupoli at Arsenal a few years back [if that's true about Borini] - didn't want to extend his stay as he didn't think he'd get any games, in the end Fiorentina signed him, never played him, and now he's at Grossetto in Serie B.

ReputationRep:
    We sold borini without even having a manager ffs!!! I really wanted to see him play for our first team. He's scored 7 goals for roma this season as well. We need to sort out our youth policy. Bertrand, mceachran and even chalobah/bruma should be getting games in the next 2 years. Cole is getting past it, we need a ****ing playmaker which mceachran can do. How can john terry be the only person our youth has spurned out to be world class?

ReputationRep:
    We sold borini without even having a manager ffs!!! I really wanted to see him play for our first team. He's scored 7 goals for roma this season as well. We need to sort out our youth policy. Bertrand, mceachran and even chalobah/bruma should be getting games in the next 2 years. Cole is getting past it, we need a ****ing playmaker which mceachran can do. How can john terry be the only person our youth has spurned out to be world class?
    You didn't sell him, he left on a free. Parma then sold him to Roma for ~5m without him ever playing a game for them :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    You didn't sell him, he left on a free. Parma then sold him to Roma for ~5m without him ever playing a game for them :coma:
    Those things happen a lot in Italy, look at Boateng - went to Genoa [?] and then straight to Milan. Crazy *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Those things happen a lot in Italy, look at Boateng - went to Genoa [?] and then straight to Milan. Crazy *******s.
    Didn't they do that to get around the "1 non-EU player per season" rule? Glad they got rid of that, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    Didn't they do that to get around the "1 non-EU player per season" rule? Glad they got rid of that, tbh.
    Not really sure. It was a stupid rule, tbf.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.