Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think the sharing of player rights between two teams is a stupid rule as well. Italy is a weird country...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah I know, we'll not get navas, the other guy was suggesting it. I would have said cazorla, but he's happy at malaga getting his wages. I know we're not getting navas, tbh, I wish porto stopped being pricks because we took their manager again and just let us have hulk. I think we should just buy krasic tbh, he can't get into the juve team, but they've had a great season so far so it's understandable why.

Also, we've been stepping up in the second half this season, but we're always a shambles in the first half, I fancy napoli to get an early goal and draw 1-1. You are right though, we need to step up, but when it comes to big opposition e.g. valencia, man city, man united, we have stepped up on each occasion even when we were playing poor for the games before. Had we'd just kept our consistency when we beat valencia and city, we wouldn't be in this mess.
    Porto aren't pricks for not wanting to sell their best player tbh.

I definitely think Napoli will score at SB, and I don't think Chelsea will score at San Paolo (Napoli have a very good record at home in Europe). I can see 3-1 to Chelsea at SB, and 2-0 to Napoli at SP. Chelsea need to score more than 2 at SB IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Porto aren't pricks for not wanting to sell their best player tbh.

I definitely think Napoli will score at SB, and I don't think Chelsea will score at San Paolo (Napoli have a very good record at home in Europe). I can see 3-1 to Chelsea at SB, and 2-0 to Napoli at SP. Chelsea need to score more than 2 at SB IMO.
    They said the same thing about falcao, that you'll need a very high bid around his release clause, he then goes for 40 million to athletico. We haven't conceded at home in europe, we have the best record out of everyone in europe in the champions league. We can score at napoli, I reckon 1-1 draw tbh.

ReputationRep:
    They said the same thing about falcao, that you'll need a very high bid around his release clause, he then goes for 40 million to athletico. We haven't conceded at home in europe, we have the best record out of everyone in europe in the champions league. We can score at napoli, I reckon 1-1 draw tbh.
    :eyeball:

40mil isn't exactly cheap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    :eyeball:

40mil isn't exactly cheap?
    They were telling us to pay his release clause, which was something like 60 million. They didn't want us to do what we did with ferreira and carvalho when jose was manager.

ReputationRep:
    They were telling us to pay his release clause, which was something like 60 million. They didn't want us to do what we did with ferreira and carvalho when jose was manager.
    Probably their starting position with selling. They obviously were happy to sell for 40mil. Although considering you paid 15mil for a managers release clause (don't think any manager has ever been bought for that high an amount), and paid 50mil for Torres, they probably thought RA would pay the 60mil :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You say that like 40m is nothing...

You played well against Valencia, but Leverkusen and Genk aren't tough tests. Napoli's front 3 of Lavezzi, Cavani and Hamsik will be the best front line you've come up against this season, combine that with your awful defence and I can see Napoli scoring in both legs quite easily. Chelsea will need to score more than 2 and not concede at home to go through IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You say that like 40m is nothing...

You played well against Valencia, but Leverkusen and Genk aren't tough tests. Napoli's front 3 of Lavezzi, Cavani and Hamsik will be the best front line you've come up against this season, combine that with your awful defence and I can see Napoli scoring in both legs quite easily. Like I said, Chelsea will need to score more than 2 at home to go through IMO.
    Leverkusen were tough tests, they parked the bus vs barcelona so they got whipped when sanchez scored the first goal and they had to chase the game. Leverkusen are a good team, The runners up of the bundesliga can't be a poor team. Genk were as piss as villareal are tbh, villareal's two best players were out and they're now in a relegation dogfight(although they could probably get top 4 this season too with the points as it is now) just like sampdoria were last season..., we didn't have a munich type team like city did because we were basically munich but you get where I'm going with this, our group was pretty tough.

Maybe that might be the best front line we've come up against(maybe even better than city's/uniteds front line), but we'll see, it's not a problem of the defenders not being good enough, ivanovic and terry would have them usually, but it's a problem of the defensive organisation. We'll see tomorrow though, I see chelsea stepping up when it's a big game but that might just be me I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Not really looking forward too tomorrow haha!

ReputationRep:
    Leverkusen were tough tests, they parked the bus vs barcelona so they got whipped when sanchez scored the first goal and they had to chase the game. Leverkusen are a good team, The runners up of the bundesliga can't be a poor team. Genk were as piss as villareal are tbh, villareal's two best players were out and they're now in a relegation dogfight(although they could probably get top 4 this season too with the points as it is now) just like sampdoria were last season..., we didn't have a munich type team like city did because we were basically munich but you get where I'm going with this, our group was pretty tough.

Maybe that might be the best front line we've come up against(maybe even better than city's/uniteds front line), but we'll see, it's not a problem of the defenders not being good enough, ivanovic and terry would have them usually, but it's a problem of the defensive organisation. We'll see tomorrow though, I see chelsea stepping up when it's a big game but that might just be me I guess.
    City had a much harder group than Chelsea. Leverkusen were only runners up because Munich and Schalke had shocking seasons for how good their squads are. And you mean Leverkusen tried to park the bus against an out of form Barcelona and got picked apart. The less said about Genk the better (Villarreal still had a decent enough team, but any team would suffer with an injury list like theirs).

And Terry isn't good enough. He's slow, poor on the ball, and his concentration wavers quite a lot. Ivanovic is a decent enough CB, but quite limited. Your best bet is Luiz, but he needs someone next to him that is solid as a rock and can cover for him when he charges forward (something which you don't have).

Chelsea have bottled more big matches this season than stepping up in them. (Liverpool twice, United twice, Arsenal).

ReputationRep:
    I am surprisingly, it's gonna happen whether we like it or not, might as well get it done and over with, plus we probably need a real test to get a kick in our ****ing backsides. We'll perform against them tbh. Whether it'll be enough, lets see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    City had a much harder group than Chelsea. Leverkusen were only runners up because Munich and Schalke had shocking seasons for how good their squads are. And you mean Leverkusen tried to park the bus against an out of form Barcelona and got picked apart. The less said about Genk the better (Villarreal still had a decent enough team, but any team would suffer with an injury list like theirs).

And Terry isn't good enough. He's slow, poor on the ball, and his concentration wavers quite a lot. Ivanovic is a decent enough CB, but quite limited. Your best bet is Luiz, but he needs someone next to him that is solid as a rock and can cover for him when he charges forward (something which you don't have).

Chelsea have bottled more big matches this season than stepping up in them. (Liverpool twice, United twice, Arsenal).
    Yeah, that's the thing, but villareal had a crap injury list, so they were an easy 3 points, I would say napoli are on valencia's level tbh.

Have you watched Ivanovic at the CB position, he's been shocking as a centre back this season but he's a class RB, if he was faster he would be the best RB in the league. Luiz and cahill would probably be the best bet if terry isn't fully fit.

Our defence has been terrible without terry.

We bottled those matches, but what about city and valencia? We matched tottenham as well. We'll see anyway, anything can happen tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's the thing, but villareal had a crap injury list, so they were an easy 3 points, I would say napoli are on valencia's level tbh.

Have you watched Ivanovic at the CB position, he's been shocking as a centre back this season but he's a class RB, if he was faster he would be the best RB in the league. Luiz and cahill would probably be the best bet if terry isn't fully fit.

Our defence has been terrible without terry.

We bottled those matches, but what about city and valencia? We matched tottenham as well. We'll see anyway, anything can happen tomorrow.
    Chelsea with Terry are in a similar position to what we were with Carragher. If a manager dropped them then there would be a massive backlash from the fans, even though they just aren't good enough to stay in the first XI anymore. Dalglish could drop Carragher, AVB can't drop Terry.

You turned up in 2 big matches and bottled 5 others, not really a good ratio...

True, anything can happen, but atm Napoli are probably favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Chelsea with Terry are in a similar position to what we were with Carragher. If a manager dropped them then there would be a massive backlash from the fans, even though they just aren't good enough to stay in the first XI anymore. Dalglish could drop Carragher, AVB can't drop Terry.

You turned up in 2 big matches and bottled 5 others, not really a good ratio...

True, anything can happen, but atm Napoli are probably favourites.
    Over the past 2-3 weeks, our defence has been terrible, terry saved us against tottenham and wolves, you can't really say he's not good enough, but yes, he's not as good as he used to be which is true. But he is our best defender, he's easily better than cahill, luiz can be better than terry but he can be defensively liable when he goes forward. In terms of a straight up solid defender, terry is the best in the team.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he just thought he was never going to break into the first team.
    Can't blame him for thinking that :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    On the talk of Borini, a few Swans were hopeful of permanently getting him. Sadly we couldn't as, what is key, he wanted to be in Italy, not England. Quality player though, someone we could have done with so bad as he was so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Can't blame him for thinking that :awesome:
    We're terrible with youth tbh, bertrand just had a beast game against birmingham, but he'll be on the bench vs napoli, even if cole is injured, we'll just put bosingwa there...
    We've been crying for a playmaker who can up the tempo, josh can do that or be trained to do it, but we'll rather loan him out to swansea, I'm happy that AVB is challenging the player power though. Because we can't be fielding a team of 36 year olds because they'll moan if they don't get picked.
    It's weird that our reserve manager is just picking our promising players that never get played and they do so well for him...
    The gokhan tore sale pissed me off too. As long as malouda/kalou are on the pitch, we must give a young winger a chance. Kakuta is a weird story though, Ancelotti said that he needs games and he's quality, yet went to bolton and didn't get games, maybe he's not good enough yet, how has he been at dijon?

ReputationRep:
    We're terrible with youth tbh, bertrand just had a beast game against birmingham, but he'll be on the bench vs napoli, even if cole is injured, we'll just put bosingwa there...
    We've been crying for a playmaker who can up the tempo, josh can do that or be trained to do it, but we'll rather loan him out to swansea, I'm happy that AVB is challenging the player power though. Because we can't be fielding a team of 36 year olds because they'll moan if they don't get picked.
    It's weird that our reserve manager is just picking our promising players that never get played and they do so well for him...
    The gokhan tore sale pissed me off too. As long as malouda/kalou are on the pitch, we must give a young winger a chance. Kakuta is a weird story though, Ancelotti said that he needs games and he's quality, yet went to bolton and didn't get games, maybe he's not good enough yet, how has he been at dijon?
    Last I heard he was doing alright and had scored a couple goals, would love to see him get a chance when he comes back.

If AVB starts Boswinga tomorrow night, I'll seriously have to question my faith in him, its only excusable if he's filling in at right-back. Also, if he were to start Torres, he should be nowhere near the starting eleven. My honest prediction for tomorrow is 1 or 2 nil to Napoli, just by the way we've been playing recently. I can just see us leaving it with everything to do back at Stamford Bridge.
    But you never know, we are due some good fortune in the champions league, tomorrow night could be special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Last I heard he was doing alright and had scored a couple goals, would love to see him get a chance when he comes back.

If AVB starts Boswinga tomorrow night, I'll seriously have to question my faith in him, its only excusable if he's filling in at right-back. Also, if he were to start Torres, he should be nowhere near the starting eleven. My honest prediction for tomorrow is 1 or 2 nil to Napoli, just by the way we've been playing recently. I can just see us leaving it with everything to do back at Stamford Bridge.
    But you never know, we are due some good fortune in the champions league, tomorrow night could be special.
    Exactly, AVB will play drogba, because he can motivate the team, torres can't even motivate himself, He should be on the bench, if we wrap up the game(unlikely) or we desperately need to score, we swap drogba for torres or go 4-2-4. I think we need to go 4-3-3 for once, because we need to go defensive due to napoli's strength in counter attacking. Romeu/mikel can help break down the play and sit deep in front of the defence.

Maggio and dossena are pretty good down the wings, so it'll be a tough job for them. I reckon cole will be fit for the game/be played regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Kakuta is a weird story though, Ancelotti said that he needs games and he's quality, yet went to bolton and didn't get games, maybe he's not good enough yet, how has he been at dijon?
    Scored a goal and got an assist just a couple of days ago, against Nice.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/dijon-3-nice-0/

Quality finish on his goal.

And his first touch prior to assisting the second goal is just...:coma:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.