Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge is so greedy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Surridge is so greedy
    Yes he is

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so what we beat man city too. What I'm saying is if we had the defense from back in the 05/06 seasons this scoreline would not of happened.

ReputationRep:
    Taaaaaaaaaaxi for AVB

ReputationRep:
    You lucky ****s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyron3)
    Yeah so what we beat man city too. What I'm saying is if we had the defense from back in the 05/06 seasons this scoreline would not of happened.
    give some respect where its due though.
    every team can say x years ago we would've won, even if you're correct.
    just saying.

ReputationRep:
    AVB will not get sacked

ReputationRep:
    italy 2 - england 0

?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Bosingwa, Cahill, Luiz and Bosingwa vs Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani. It'll be a stroll for Napoli.

3-1.
    If I was a betting man...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    italy 2 - england 0

?
    Tie is far from over...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    If I was a betting man...
    How many Boswingas do you count?

ReputationRep:
    Poor quality game. Three pathetic goals conceded.

English teams are poor in Europe this season. It just reflects the severe drop in quality of our top teams in the league. Arsenal and Liverpool are terrible, Man united to an extent too. Man City got back slapped in the CL but they're inexperienced I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Sturridge is so greedy
    Agreed, and he showboats far too much. That said, him and Mata were the only bright spots this evening (and this whole season).

ReputationRep:
    What clear cut chances did Chelsea actually have in comparison to Napoli? Very difficult to get back in it for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    What clear cut chances did Chelsea actually have in comparison to Napoli? Very difficult to get back in it for you.
    If we can put 3 past United at Stamford Bridge i think we can put just as many past Napoli

ReputationRep:
    Both teams alright, both defences poor. Loads of chances for Chelsea AND Napoli but they took their chances and we simply did not = same old story.

Got an away goal so the next leg will be good, we can still go through if we actually start scoring as their defence is weak and they have been very overrated by the media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barzy_j)
    Heading to the Bridge, knowing we need to score 3(+) and not concede a single goal.. that is unlikely, I now hate football
    We need 2....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    didn't watch the match, but apparently mata's goal was lucky as well?

ReputationRep:
    Not worst case scenario but very close to it. We should have been able to add to our goals and been more focused at the back ESPECIALLY after going a goal up. For that kind of level it was such a poor display defensively, we were just fortunate Boswinga pulled up early in the game or it could have been worse. Got it all to do now back at SB, will need to play a perfect game and things to go our way.

I'm going to question team selection too, why start Meireles if Essien is fit? seriously, Meireles is a good player who works hard but is caught out of his depth too often. Cole looked fit enough to play the entire 90' so why didnt he? Its such a huge game, you've got to pick you best team and when you go away from home especially in the first leg its so important to keep things tight. A draw would have been a fair result, I think we had enough to win it but poor play in defence was a reoccurring downfall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    If we can put 3 past United at Stamford Bridge i think we can put just as many past Napoli
    Yes, but the problem is that we also conceded three. I don't care that we can still score, we concede in practically any game. Can you honestly see us keeping Napoli out?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.