Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys kidding me?
    The bias of the sky coverage was ridiculous..Souness and Neville i'm looking at you.
    Yes, Napoli aren't great at the back but jeez, how much did Gary go on about it? If Napoli are shaky at the back as we were constantly being told, then Chelsea are absolutely appalling in defence and that was rarely mentioned by anyone except Martin Tyler.

On top of that I dont think Chelsea looked particularly threatening going forward as we were constantly being told by Gary. I think I see why he isn't trying his hand in management when his tactical advice is "stop the runs of lavezzi, get tighter to cavani". I could have told you that Gary, excellent insight there.
    Chelsea still have a great chance? No. They have a chance of course, but I wouldn't say a great chance at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    If we can put 3 past United at Stamford Bridge i think we can put just as many past Napoli
    But you conceeded 3 as well. Cahill and Luiz have not played enough to be confidence in each others play. It like they dont know what the other one is going to do, and Im sure they cannot communicate effectivly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Yes, but the problem is that we also conceded three. I don't care that we can still score, we concede in practically any game. Can you honestly see us keeping Napoli out?
    We'll have to see Cavani/Lavezzi might get injured, they are so average apart from them

ReputationRep:
    Neville pissed me off

He is a great pundit but that was some of the most biased **** commentary ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    But you conceeded 3 as well. Cahill and Luiz have not played enough to be confidence in each others play. It like they dont know what the other one is going to do, and Im sure they cannot communicate effectivly.
    Best combo would be JT - Cahill imo shame that can't happen

ReputationRep:
    Yea Neville constantly annoyed me saying over and over chelsea can win this match 1-4. They didnt even create one clear chance from what I remember and Matas goal was a lucky misskick from Cannavaro. Napoli had several clear chances it should of been 4-1 to Napoli not Chelsea I dont see Nevile pointing that out, the biased ****. I will go for 1-1 at Stamford Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Redknapp is such a ****

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad my commentary wasn't in English lol.

ReputationRep:
    Best combo would be JT - Cahill imo shame that can't happen
    You need to put Ivanonic at CB with Cahill but now you have Boswinga out you can't unless you put Ramieres or Essien there.

ReputationRep:
    You need to put Ivanonic at CB with Cahill but now you have Boswinga out you can't unless you put Ramieres or Essien there.
    Ivanovic has been far better as RB this season than CB. Thought he had a good game today.

ReputationRep:
    We'll have to see Cavani/Lavezzi might get injured, they are so average apart from them
    That's a very hopeful outlook. And what if Mata or Sturridge gets injured? If the same sides are put out at Stamford Bridge, our chances of progress are extremely slim.

ReputationRep:
    That's a very hopeful outlook. And what if Mata or Sturridge gets injured? If the same sides are put out at Stamford Bridge, our chances of progress are extremely slim.
    You have to be hopeful, but also realistic, im definitely not EXPECTING to go through but we still can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Poor quality game. Three pathetic goals conceded.

English teams are poor in Europe this season. It just reflects the severe drop in quality of our top teams in the league. Arsenal and Liverpool are terrible, Man united to an extent too. Man City got back slapped in the CL but they're inexperienced I guess.
    Eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barzy_j)
    NO. It was his worst game, look at the first two goals, tell me where Ivanovic was for the first and tell me what he was doing with the second.

CLUELESS CHELSEA, get in a proper RB and teach the players some respect towards AVB because Chelsea won't sack AVB, AVB will sack Chelsea.
    Apart from the second goal I thought he was solid. One of the few highlights in the team.

Meireles is at fault for the first goal; giving Lavezzi acres of space to get that shot off; and he was our DM today, ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you'll stop Napoli from scoring at the Bridge. One of the best attacks in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 at the Bridge is perfectly achievable.

We have three weeks to turn this bad run around, starting with Bolton on Saturday. KTBFFH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Not worst case scenario but very close to it. We should have been able to add to our goals and been more focused at the back ESPECIALLY after going a goal up. For that kind of level it was such a poor display defensively, we were just fortunate Boswinga pulled up early in the game or it could have been worse. Got it all to do now back at SB, will need to play a perfect game and things to go our way.

I'm going to question team selection too, why start Meireles if Essien is fit? seriously, Meireles is a good player who works hard but is caught out of his depth too often. Cole looked fit enough to play the entire 90' so why didnt he? Its such a huge game, you've got to pick you best team and when you go away from home especially in the first leg its so important to keep things tight.
    Spot on.

A draw would have been a fair result, I think we had enough to win it but poor play in defence was a reoccurring downfall.
    Not so spot on. I disagree with you here.

ReputationRep:
    Another poor performance from chelsea. The difference between the teams was certainly seen, lavezzi and cavani were far superior than chelsea's players.

Do you see chelsea turning the tie around in the second leg?
    I don't believe chelsea will be able to overcome the deficit in the second leg, napoli are also good away from home they also tied in manchester.

Will AVB be sacked?
    I think that it will be unfair to sack him, it isn't his mistake, the quality of chelsea players has decreased. The money they have spent hasn't brought them what was expected and their previous heroes are fading now due to age.

In my opinion, now chelsea need to make sure the transition happens during AVB's reign, sacking him won't be a good thing. They need to bring in some good young creative and goal scoring players. I would think their best options would be to buy gotze, podolski and demba ba, these all would come cheap except gotze. They also need to sell drogba, he is old now and they need to make sure they are planning for the future now. Torres should also be sold, he has completely failed to hit the heights and i don't see a 50 million player in him again, he should move to spain to clubs like malaga.

Chelsea's failure this season is due to their lack of creativity their only creative player is mata, just wondering how the season would have turned out for chelsea hadn't they bought mata.

Now lets see who takes the fourth spot, the champions league dream of both clubs look dead, arsenal or chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    If we can put 3 past United at Stamford Bridge i think we can put just as many past Napoli
    Yes, but the problem is that we also conceded three. I don't care that we can still score, we concede in practically any game. Can you honestly see us keeping Napoli out?
    Exactly. Rainbow-kisses talks as if chelsea can just easily turn up and score 3 goals without conceding any goals. Of course, chelsea can score three goals (whether they will is another matter) but so can napoli like they did today. He has clearly forgotten that chelsea also conceded 3 goals against ManU at home. So I don't know why he seems so optimistic about chelsea's chances in the 2nd leg. Has he also forgotten how Arsenal (who are also having a crap season) put 5 goals past chelsea at Stamford Brigde? Seriously, how can any chelsea fan be so optimistic or confident about scoring a double against napoli without conceding any goals?

Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    Exactly. Rainbow-kisses talks as if chelsea can just easily turn up and score 3 goals without conceding any goals. Of course, chelsea can score three goals (whether they will is another matter) but so can napoli like they did today. He has clearly forgotten that chelsea also conceded 3 goals against ManU at home. So I don't know why he seems so optimistic about chelsea's chances in the 2nd leg. Has he also forgotten how Arsenal (who are also having a crap season) put 5 goals past chelsea at Stamford Brigde? Seriously, how can any chelsea fan be so optimistic or confident about scoring a double against napoli without conceding any goals?

Seriously?
    Do agree with you, i also don't see chelsea qualifying. Chelsea need try to win at home to at least regain some pride but i don't think they will be able to manage it.

Chelsea are struggling to score, they lack the creativity, the finishing, how can they score three.

Keeping a clean sheet against napoli at home will be a big result for chelsea.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.