Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought we were meant to struggle through January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    I thought we were meant to struggle through January?
    Yeah, and journalists who say "We told you Chelsea would struggle" predict it, along with the whole nation, during January as supposed to December. People said the same thing in 2008 and we did just fine. Forget the points gathered but it was quite impressive.

ReputationRep:
    back to where we belong, nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    Super Super Lampard!

He should do the Talk To Frank drugs advert on TV for jokes. :teeth:

Why didn't we get five minutes of stoppage time? I wanted another goal. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear Jonathon Pearce's Harry Potter reference for the Lampard goal? :jester: Good goal though. Birmingham were poor, I gather though? Still always good to be an in form team.

ReputationRep:
    Not heard of that reference. He does get excited very easily. Went mental over a Zola goal once. Something like, "In the land of the midnight sun, Tromso have just suffered a Zola-eclipse".

ReputationRep:
    its been said before but back to where we belong. get in

ReputationRep:
    Is Drogba back now? Will he play the next match?

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Ummmm do we need him right now? Knowing our luck we will try and accommodate Drogba and it will go pear shaped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Is Drogba back now? Will he play the next match?
    Yes, he and Kalou came back yesterday. Ancelotti said they can play for the game on saturday. Now that Drogba is back I really hope we don't play with two strikers up front and go back to the diamond...

ffs things are great at the moment and don't need changing, Drogba's going to **** it up for us!

ReputationRep:
    The diamond works with Drogba and Anelka upfront, take one of them out and the 4-3-3 is much more effective.

ReputationRep:
    it worked for a while, but then everyone knew how to exploit it which is what we saw during late november and december.

nothing needs to be changed right now, i was happier with the african players away tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    it worked for a while, but then everyone knew how to exploit it which is what we saw during late november and december.

nothing needs to be changed right now, i was happier with the african players away tbh..
    But what about when we play Arsenal early Feb? Keep it to 4-3-3, or play the diamond and have Drogba playing at his most effective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    But what about when we play Arsenal early Feb? Keep it to 4-3-3, or play the diamond and have Drogba playing at his most effective?
    Not just Drogba at his most effective, but Anelka too. Okay, it means Malouda and Joey Cole might not play as well, but Drogba's far better than both of them when played right.

ReputationRep:

That's because we've played Watford, Preston and Birmingham...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Not just Drogba at his most effective, but Anelka too. Okay, it means Malouda and Joey Cole might not play as well, but Drogba's far better than both of them when played right.
    Yeah I agree. Tbh you could argue that Drogba and Anelka have had the best strike partnership in the League this year so diamond formation can't be too much a bad thing.

At least it's a good dilemma to have as well. Considering we're still top with a game in hand, if it doesn't work out again then we can probably get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    Btw we're in the last 8 of the Youth Cup after a Conor Clifford goal, finished 1-0, face Liverpool or Watford away next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    That's because we've played Watford, Preston and Birmingham...
    yeh you forget the 7-2 against Sunderland. they've all been very promising results.

i think we can try out a 4-4-2 this saturday to see how it works out. anything but the diamond...it renders j.cole and malouda useless.

Cech
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry A.Cole
    J.Cole Ballack Lampard Malouda
    Anelka Drogba

ReputationRep:
    yeh you forget the 7-2 against Sunderland. they've all been very promising results.

i think we can try out a 4-4-2 this saturday to see how it works out. anything but the diamond...it renders j.cole and malouda useless.

Cech
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry A.Cole
    J.Cole Ballack Lampard Malouda
    Anelka Drogba
    Sunderland had like six first team players out and we had a great opportunities to rack up double figures without conceding, but didn't.

ReputationRep:
    it's got nothing to do with that, it's the manner by which we've played this january...huge improvement.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.