Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Spurs let us down...

Our game against Arsenal later this season is going to be HUGE now!

ReputationRep:
    Kinda makes me point back to December when we had games against teams like Wigan, which we should have won.. I'm hoping we build up some momentum and win our next games. West Brom (our next game) have been on a pretty good run, so I'm not too sure how our next game will pan out..

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily a bad result for us; what with Spurs and Arsenal both having difficult fixtures up next. Spurs' fixture list is especially daunting and invigorates my hopes for a 3rd place.

..if we could just breeze past WBA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Not necessarily a bad result for us; what with Spurs and Arsenal both having difficult fixtures up next. Spurs' fixture list is especially daunting and invigorates my hopes for a 3rd place.

..if we could just breeze past WBA.
    We can, we have a 100% record against them, and their home form is shocking.(we are facing them at the hawthorns right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We can, we have a 100% record against them, and their home form is shocking.(we are facing them at the hawthorns right?)
    Yes we are. I'm just hoping that we play with the same team as we did yesterday; looked stable enough.

Also, Drogba really looked up for it, for the first time in quite a while; happy to see that.

ReputationRep:
    We are, just hope AVB starts this team against Brom. Is it me or has Mata faded in the last couple of games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    We are, just hope AVB starts this team against Brom. Is it me or has Mata faded in the last couple of games.
    Mata has faded for the past month or two tbh. He's still been playing pretty well, but not at the level we've seen, maybe that's why AVB uses malouda, because mata might be tiring out from all the games he's started.

ReputationRep:
    Mata has faded for the past month or two tbh. He's still been playing pretty well, but not at the level we've seen, maybe that's why AVB uses malouda, because mata might be tiring out from all the games he's started.
    Juan Mata has created more chances per 90 minutes than any other player in the premier league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Juan Mata has created more chances per 90 minutes than any other player in the premier league
    He's the only guy on our team who can create chances, so I'm not surprised with that stat, I'm just saying, he was lighting up our team for the first 2-3 months, he faded a little bit, but he's still playing at a high level.

Ramires gets the ball into an advanced position, but doesn't have the passing ability of mata to actually create the chances, thats the difference, sturridge has the dribbling and pace to get there, but his delivery isn't the best, lampard likes getting on the end of passes and scoring even though he has the passing ability of a playmaker, so really all we have is mata, who can't do it on his own.

ReputationRep:
    He's the only guy on our team who can create chances, so I'm not surprised with that stat, I'm just saying, he was lighting up our team for the first 2-3 months, he faded a little bit, but he's still playing at a high level.

Ramires gets the ball into an advanced position, but doesn't have the passing ability of mata to actually create the chances, thats the difference, sturridge has the dribbling and pace to get there, but his delivery isn't the best, lampard likes getting on the end of passes and scoring even though he has the passing ability of a playmaker, so really all we have is mata, who can't do it on his own.
    That's why we went for Modric

Who do you think will get top 4 now? Really difficult to say, as Arsenal and Liverpool will be buoyed by their big wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

Who do you think will get top 4 now? Really difficult to say, as Arsenal and Liverpool will be buoyed by their big wins.
    Not too sure, we need some consistency, arsenal have basically destroyed tottenhams title hopes, we could possibly reach tottenham too if we were consistent enough since they're out of the title race, yesterday was basically our midfield last season, ramires, lampard and essien and when we went on that long winning streak, we beat bolton 3-0 too which shows that we still have the quality, we lack a playmaker, but tbh, since mceachran is on loan and we did fine without a playmaker in the second half of last season, we don't need to buy one yet.

Anyway, we are better than arsenal and liverpool player wise, so we really should be getting top 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

What about our big win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Arsenal fan here, how did Miyaichi play against you guys?
    He was alright, made a couple of good runs. Always helping out defensively too.

ReputationRep:
    Reports coming today that apparently AVB had said that there is room for Hulk on the wing at Chelsea. Wouldn't mind seeing him come to the Bridge, but there's the issue of his release clause

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Reports coming today that apparently AVB had said that there is room for Hulk on the wing at Chelsea. Wouldn't mind seeing him come to the Bridge, but there's the issue of his release clause
    Hulk, Moutinho and Periera , so it's basically going to be Porto all over again just like Mourinho did with Ferreira and Carvalho .

Imagine:

Cech

Ivanovic - JT - Luiz - Periera

Moutinho

McEachran - Ramires

Hulk - Torres - Mata

Bench: Courtois, Cahill, Bertrand, De Bruyne, Lampard, Essien, Sturridge

That's just a start!
    You could obviously put in Sturridge any where in the front 3 but look's a team + Hulk would be a fantastic replacement for Malouda and Kalou put together .

ReputationRep:
    Would like to see Hulk at Chelsea, he's such an interesting player, there's no one like him in PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Hulk, Moutinho and Periera , so it's basically going to be Porto all over again just like Mourinho did with Ferreira and Carvalho .

Imagine:

Cech

Ivanovic - JT - Luiz - Periera

Moutinho

McEachran - Ramires

Hulk - Torres - Mata

Bench: Courtois, Cahill, Bertrand, De Bruyne, Lampard, Essien, Sturridge

That's just a start!

You could obviously put in Sturridge any where in the front 3 but look's a team + Hulk would be a fantastic replacement for Malouda and Kalou put together .
    That would be such a beasty team, but I would put bertrand in first, he was a beast vs birmingham, had it not been for ashley cole, he could become one of the best left backs in the world. I think he likes playing against birmingham, didn't he assist in the 3-1 victory for us last season against birmingham too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I would love Hulk at Chelsea. Such a good player. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I would love Hulk at Chelsea. Such a good player. :coma:
    So....Falcao anyone? :rolleyes:

Imo, AVB will bring Hulk if not Moutinho and Periera but he really wants Hulk, he'll convince Abramovich to spend the cash on him just like Torres but hope for a better seeing as Hulk is a beast and well AVB knows him inside out. Would you guys rather have Periera or get AVB to look at Bertrand now?

All in all WE all want Hulk at Chelsea!

ReputationRep:
    Don't wet my apetite!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.