Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is Porto a feeder club for Chelsea now...Mourinho took players now will AVB take some, I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Don't wet my apetite!!
    Always a nice way to get into the summer window

(Original post by JClive)
    Is Porto a feeder club for Chelsea now...Mourinho took players now will AVB take some, I hope so!
    Don't mind if they just keep producing the players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Always a nice way to get into the summer window

Don't mind if they just keep producing the players
    Seriously, dude, don't get my hopes up

ReputationRep:
    Guys, who seriously has £84 million pounds just lying around?

Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to AVB

ReputationRep:
    am i the only person who thinks this would be a compelte waste of money. the guys release clause is somewhere in the region of 83 million. firstly we already have players like lukaku and kakuta and laukavic and piazon that could be used mlore if we have a clearout in the summer. we also have de buyne and macherhon to develop and they would be good for the team as mata could play behind the striker more often. shevchenko cost 30 million and torres cost 50 million. i don't want to see us spend a vast amount of money on a player that is supposed to be brilliant but then could be a flop for us. AGAIN. also like shevchenko he would be untested in the premier league. in summary would be a waste of money imo

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Cole is just out of form, he is still one of the best LB in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    am i the only person who thinks this would be a compelte waste of money.
    Definitely not, I'm with you. That kind of money could be better spent elsewhere.

Say...a creative midfielder or a left winger?

..or, for that kind of money, why not BOTH? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    As Unwise said, tell AVB to stop tempting us

(Original post by UnWise)
    Tell that to AVB
    Guys, reports coming in today from the same interview that AVB fears the axe at the end of the season. What do you think's happened cause he says I've felt the confidence but I could be fired tomorrow or in 2 years.

I really really hope we stick with him, I like him, think he can take us places but as we've said he doesn't have the players. Am really looking forward too next season when people like Malouda and Kalou go and he replaces them with Hulk etc, players he wants and knows and ones who can play the way he wants.

ReputationRep:
    Valdes is, together with Atletico's Courtois, the goalkeeper with most clean sheets (12) this Liga season
    Possible replacement for Cech in a year or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Possible replacement for Cech in a year or two?
    Very suprised at Atletico keeping that many clean sheets! :congrats: to Courtois.

ReputationRep:
    i think we should play drogba AND torres upfront...

lampard just behind

left = mata

right= sturridge

cdm = essien

then back for as standard...

ReputationRep:
    Playing Torres upfront in a two will not work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Should play Mata off him, like the Gerrard-Torres partnership at Liverpool. Then they should buy a left winger (Hazard) and a right winger (Hulk). Chelsea can afford these signings because of Roman. However, I think AVB will stick with the 4-3-3 and Chelsea will end up finishing outside the top four because the strategy isn't suited to the player's strengths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by praj1)
    i think we should play drogba AND torres upfront...

lampard just behind

left = mata

right= sturridge

cdm = essien

then back for as standard...
    No. Essien would be stranded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    What does work then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    What does work then?
    He needs Mata playing off him. He's the only player creative enough in the Chelsea squad tbh. Torres thrived because he had a wonderful player in Gerrard at his peak supplying the balls through the middle and creating room for him.

His pace has gone, but he should still have that clinical instinct infront of goal that he had for us. I'm baffled by his fall from grace. Is he a sulk on the pitch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    He needs Mata playing off him. He's the only player creative enough in the Chelsea squad tbh. Torres thrived because he had a wonderful player in Gerrard at his peak supplying the balls through the middle and creating room for him.

His pace has gone, but he should still have that clinical instinct infront of goal that he had for us. I'm baffled by his fall from grace. Is he a sulk on the pitch?
    He doesn't have that clinical instinct atm, his confidence is zero. Some of the misses I've seen from him this season have been ridiculous. I can remember maybe 5 off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Hulk will be difficult to get from Porto. I don't think we'll end up getting him because they'll want stupid money, and frankly he's overrated anyway.

It is a pity McEachran has disappeared. He looked like he could have added a lot of creativity to the team like Mata has, together they would really make us a hard team to defend against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Hulk will be difficult to get from Porto. I don't think we'll end up getting him because they'll want stupid money, and frankly he's overrated anyway.

It is a pity McEachran has disappeared. He looked like he could have added a lot of creativity to the team like Mata has, together they would really make us a hard team to defend against.
    McEachran next season will be crazy good

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.