Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Tbfh someone needs to go back to the drawing board with Chelsea.

There isn't an obvious best XI, there isn't an obvious formation which is favoured and which works well. So much chopping and changing and trying to fit square players into round holes in formation (such as Raul "I jump out of 50/50 tackles" Meireles as a DM).

Only Sturridge and Mata I'd put straight onto the team sheet and even then Sturridge doesn't want to play on the right wing. Probably put in Terry and A.Cole for a couple more seasons. Most likely Ramires too. But after that I start to wonder how good are the others and are they good enough to be in a team which wants to dominate Europe? (let's be honest, that's what RA wants and is spending good money in that pursuit).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Guys, who seriously has £84 million pounds just lying around?

Oh wait...

Could get Hazard for (less than) half that money in all fairness.

ReputationRep:
    They'll sell Hulk for less than his release clause. My guess is that they'd take 40-50mil. Hulk didn't want to leave last summer and didn't push for a move. No doubt the club didn't want to sell Hulk and Falco in one window since hard to find so many replacements in one go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Definitely not, I'm with you. That kind of money could be better spent elsewhere.

Say...a creative midfielder or a left winger?

..or, for that kind of money, why not BOTH? :awesome:
    This is all malouda's fault, had he just kept his 2010 form, we wouldn't need a left winger. :sighs: it's so darn stupid. Playmaker, I'm still against the idea of modric, despite him having his best season so far when we have mceachran on the bench, are we just going to put him on loan again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Possible replacement for Cech in a year or two?
    Easily, seeing as david de gea costed 20 million but has the worst ratio of saving shots outside the penalty area, we might have got another coup and duped united nicely. Obviously it's not as good as the joe hart deal though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    This is all malouda's fault, had he just kept his 2010 form, we wouldn't need a left winger.
    Or if we had kept Zhirkov :facepalm2:

Oh well, "shoulda, woulda, coulda" only gets us so far..time to look ahead. Would be nice to land Hazard and get Kakuta and McEachran back from their respective loan spells this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    They'll sell Hulk for less than his release clause. My guess is that they'd take 40-50mil. Hulk didn't want to leave last summer and didn't push for a move. No doubt the club didn't want to sell Hulk and Falco in one window since hard to find so many replacements in one go.
    Porto were offered a world record fee for Hulk tbf and turned it down. Supposedly the conversation went something like:
    Russian guy: Hello we will pay £85m for Hulk.
    Porto guy *quids in here lads*: Right, erm, how about £90m?
    Russian guy: .........
    Phone goes dead
    Porto guy: Oh holy ****!!! How do I explain that to the boss?

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge better not be injured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Sturridge better not be injured
    If malouda is on the pitch on sunday, I'm not watching the match, then again he did rape west brom in the 6-0 last season. Although drogba absolutely raped them.

Anyway, we can't possibly draw to west brom.

ReputationRep:
    If malouda is on the pitch on sunday, I'm not watching the match, then again he did rape west brom in the 6-0 last season. Although drogba absolutely raped them.

Maybe AVB will play mata behind torres for once

ReputationRep:

Lol mate, I think you need to stop comparing us to last season, we're different now. West Brom are on a good run atm.

Damnit Sturridge, that means Kalou or Malouda will start -.-.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Lol mate, I think you need to stop comparing us to last season, we're different now. West Brom are on a good run atm.

Damnit Sturridge, that means Kalou or Malouda will start -.-.
    I know, but we can't lose our 100% record against them like we did to stoke last season, plus their form at the hawthorns has been shocking, they are just beasts away from home.

ReputationRep:
    I know, but we can't lose our 100% record against them like we did to stoke last season, plus their form at the hawthorns has been shocking, they are just beasts away from home.
    Yeah I know. Ironically we play Stoke after West Brom at home lol. Good thing we played West Brom at home already at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Yeah I know. Ironically we play Stoke after West Brom at home lol. Good thing we played West Brom at home already at the start of the season.
    Yeah, we can beat stoke and west brom, 6 points should be possible, we need to play like in the second half of that match vs bolton.

I just thought of this, even though we need a playmaker badly, we've been handling the lack of a playmaker for 3 seasons fairly well and mceachran can avoid a 40 million raid for modric, I think we just had powerhouses so we didn't really need a playmaker that much.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...st-take-orders

Ugh, this is the last thing I expected. >< I really don't want to see this, love them both but this could stir something.

OR

This could be the Portuguese media translating it poorly and blowing it out of proportion. I hope its the latter.

ReputationRep:
    He's just speaking the truth. How many managers have we lost because of "player power"? All of the players should have that attitude, no one is right to question the manager like Lampard has done. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and work for his place like everyone else should, that's what football is all about ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    He's just speaking the truth. How many managers have we lost because of "player power"? All of the players should have that attitude, no one is right to question the manager like Lampard has done. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and work for his place like everyone else should, that's what football is all about ffs.
    Yeah luiz is spot on tbh. I know it's hard for lampard, but he really shouldn't undermine the manager no matter what, look at how drogba and essien are dealing with the situation. I never expected this from lampard, he is being unprofessional, although he has a perfect point about not being picked.

I forgot that barcelona wanted david luiz, that really must say something about his ability, remember pique at united.

I do think that the media are blowing things out of proportion though, look at what happened to cole and AVB, no one has said anything about the fall out now. I think they're trying to make a big bust up because lampard spoke up about their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    They'd have to pay us ****ing crazy money for Luiz, or he'd have to run down his contract. I can't see us selling him otherwise, he just has too much potential.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...pard-criticism

"David Luiz has denied criticising Chelsea team-mate Frank Lampard after insisting his comments had been taken out of context."

That was that then.

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me Luiz wouldn't really do something like that, he looks like he has alot of team spirit!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.