Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chancellorroberts)
    They have to go for Moyes imo, that guy deserves to get a big job and he always brings the best of players. AVB should have been given more time though.
    He's not had to cope with managing big players with massive egos... He'd be eaten alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Mourinho...

Make it happen Roman.
    And please not Benitez.

ReputationRep:
    You should sack half your players rather than your manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    We're a couple wins away from Wembley, in the Champions League last 16 and in the race for fourth spot. Things aren't too bad at all.
    Seems Abramovich disagrees. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    WHAT!?!? I am absolutely gobsmacked, we have just fired AVB and another manager gone! We need stability, keep him for a season or two!!!! FFS.

Chelsea are in metldown, the players were at fault too and again we NEED stability not a new manager every season almost.

Seriously disappointed with Chelsea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    He's not had to cope with managing big players with massive egos... He'd be eaten alive.
    He would bring them down to size and he is very well respected after what he has done with Everton.

ReputationRep:
    Where's Hiddink at?

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, predictable Chelsea...

What now? Capello? Fat waiter? Sven? Avram again?

ReputationRep:
    Who else are we going to get??? Been through most of the best managers in the world and who the hell would want to come to Chelsea now anyway?!?

AVB was a bright young prospect and needed time and a summer rebuild and a long term project not Abramovich's view of short term success only.

ReputationRep:
    Posted this in the other thread, but the fact that Di Matteo is in charge til the end of the season rules out Benitez, surely. He's available now, and this suggests the club have someone lined up who is not.
    Why anyone would want to take the job is beyond me, but that's what it seems like.

ReputationRep:
    Luiz/Ramires/Mata were all on AVBs side too... the older - worse - players have won this battle, and I cant see the portuguese/spaniards being happy about it.
    I said this yesterday! Oh man, won't all this be makings thing's worse?

Now we have Di Matteo till the end of the season. I don't see us getting Champions League next season.

ReputationRep:
    Although i shouldn't be commenting on this thread, please, read this.

The Chelsea team needs a huge revamping, as the old legs cannot continue playing 30-40 games a season.

This season and the next, should've been used to rebuild the squad, so that in 2013/14, chelsea can compete for the title, which is what AVB was doing.

Players such as Ferreira, Bosingwa, Mikel, Mereiles, Kalou and Malouda need to go, along with any of the other senior players who seem to be talking to Abramovich behind the managers back.

The likes of Terry, Lampard, and Drogba, need to accept a lesser role at the club, as the club needs to learn how to compete in the coming years, when these players are no longer playing at the club. If they do not like this, then they should be offloaded; they have no right to be starting every game, especially now they are all in their thirties.

Secondly, there needs to a change in formation, along with a change of players. Torres needs fast attackers on either wing, along with someone in the centre of the park (Mata), to provide him the killer ball.

That is when you'll see Chelsea improve as a whole.

Oh yeah, for this to happen, the manger needs to have a good 3 years at the club, whilst this rebuilding process continues, which requires patience; something the Chelsea hierarchy lacks.

Otherwise you're back to square one again.

I was looking forward to AVB changing the Chelsea squad, something that took United a couple of years to do, when Mourinho was in charge.

Player power comes out on top once again, which isn't bad for Chelsea, it is bad for the overall game.

ReputationRep:
    AVB had better not take that saucy physio with him now that he's on his way out of the Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    No manager can manage Chelsea there are too many ego's. I actually feel sorry for AVB all the oldies that complained about playing more got the time they were asking for and managed to do **** all on the pitch. It's not AVB's fault he's not the one running around on the pitch tbh some of the players should get axed.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Where's Hiddink at?
    No joys for you there: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17073674

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if Mourinho wins the La Liga title he'll go back to Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    New manager will probably go back to what he knows works. Good news for Lampard.

Madness on Roman's side, why buy someone out of a deal at a cost at £13m+, talk about a long term project which seems to be taking shape with Luiz, Mata, Romeu, Cahill, and Lukuaku all pointing toward the future, then fire him now. Quite frankly any team with Torres up front would be struggling for 4th, you look down the list of top scorers and look for a Chelsea name, number 13 Lampard. If he had an RVP, a Rooney, a Aguero I think you would be comfortably in 4th. If you have a scoring problem like that, you need a Inter-esque defence or you are going to drop points. He needed more than this season, he needed until Dec before you can cast a proper judgement. You can't shape a team in a 3/4 of a season.

ReputationRep:
    We all know where this is going...

At some point, this season, or next - when we have most likely sacked another manager, and are out of the top 4.

Mourinho will come back.

ReputationRep:
    We all know where this is going...

At some point, this season, or next - when we have most likely sacked another manager, and are out of the top 4.

Mourinho will come back.
    At this moment in time, I wouldn't mind Mourinho coming back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Where's Hiddink at?
    Anzhi

I personally think Abramovich is the one to go. Yh the money is great, but id rather support a team with passion, stability and togetherness, rather than one run by a man with no respect or patience. Barcelona, although funded by the public, has these qualities, which is why they are such a fiersome team.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.