Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Discussing the sacking on Reddit, this comment turns up:
    "Hire a 33 year old manager on a multi year deal with the goal of building a successful side around youth. Sack him after 6 months because the aging stars are throwing a hissy fit.
    Good job Abramovich"

Could not agree more...

Stamford Bridge is quickly becoming toxic. No sensible manager would want to come to the club for fear of being sacked in a years time...

ReputationRep:
    Good article about AVB.

What is Di Matteo going to do, surely the slump will continue?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnul..._hig.html#more

ReputationRep:
    I can't see anybody wanting the job unless they love money lots and lots.

Harry Redknapp for next Chelsea manger :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I could see Benitez taking the job, I mean each time they sack a manager he gets a multi million pound severance package.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    So annoyed Villas Boas has been sacked. Our chances of becoming a stable club decrease each time we get rid of a manager.

That is the exact point i was trying to make earlier. There is no success without stability. It doesn't take a genius to see that the clubs that have done well in recent history (with the exception of Real Madrid) have all had steady and slow growth to the high levels that they are at. How can the Chelsea board not take a leaf from the books of, Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona, Ajax etc. and just open their eyes and realise that no matter what we have done in the past 5 or 6 years, that CANNOT be built on by consistently sacking managers and spending millions, the only way to guarantee consistent growth is to build from within the club and to use the club's youth system.

For example Barcelona, 3 of the top 5 best football players in the world DIDN'T COST THEM A PENNY. (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta). Add to this that 8 out of their starting 11 players all came through their academy. How clearly does it need to be spelt infront of them, choose a manager, stick with him, support him through thick and thin and most importantly give him TIME, and not time so that he is counting down the days to the sack every time he loses a game, real time. As in at least 4 or 5 years.

Im not saying you need continuity for continuitys sake, but how will you ever know what could have happened with guys like AVB and Ancelloti to be fair, if you dont give them enough time? As i said in my earlier post, the club CANNOT allow the superb talent of youngsters at this club to go to waste as it would be a football travesty because they are simply too good to lose. It would be a serious loss to football if their careers failed at such young ages and to no fault of their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    He's not had to cope with managing big players with massive egos... He'd be eaten alive.
    that may be true (as in he doesn,t have that experience), but looking at moyes i kind of get the impression that he would be tough enough to deal with that. As in either you listened and worked for the team or you didnt play for him. I think moyes is a pretty good suggestion actually, and he wouldn't have the problem that AVB had of trying to earn respect from everyone because a lot of the players would understand the magnitude of his achievements given his wage budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by essien2)
    that may be true (as in he doesn,t have that experience), but looking at moyes i kind of get the impression that he would be tough enough to deal with that. As in either you listened and worked for the team or you didnt play for him. I think moyes is a pretty good suggestion actually, and he wouldn't have the problem that AVB had of trying to earn respect from everyone because a lot of the players would understand the magnitude of his achievements given his wage budget.
    In-****ing-deed.

Who'd ever want to get onto THAT guy's bad side? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    In-****ing-deed.

Who'd ever want to get onto THAT guy's bad side? :eek:
    Man Utd's next replacement

ReputationRep:
    Fernando Torres has just tweeted:

We are all shocked but not suprised by the managers departure, and perhaps it's time for me to move on too. The Chelsea teammates are not working together and there's no glue holding us as a unit. I feel I am better than this and that I should play for Barcelona or Madrid who both have players at a similar calibre as me. Wish I had never joined this mediocre club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Link?
    I think he's taking the piss..

ReputationRep:
    Look on his Tweeter, just posted it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Link?
    Obvious trolling attempt :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Obvious trolling attempt :awesome:
    Thought so, doesn't sound like something he would say. he might not score goals but he's still professional as a player and person.

ReputationRep:
    Got to be fake.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, someone is trolling.

If he honestly thinks this, I will go to cobham base and slap him.

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:

Thought some of you needed cheering up, so I made up a little story about your worst player.

Chins up lads, I'm sure you will get 4th place next season if the new manager can utilise your current squad.

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:

Thought some of you needed cheering up, so I made up a little story about your worst player.

Chins up lads, I'm sure you will get 4th place next season if the new manager can utilise your current squad.
    That would be Meireles...or, in fact, Malouda. Yupp, that's the one.

Torres har arguably been better than Drogba this season.

ReputationRep:
    That would be Meireles...or, in fact, Malouda. Yupp, that's the one.

Torres har arguably been better than Drogba this season.
    Malouda is the worst player in the chelsea team, he must have been trolling when he said he wanted more playing time, he hasn't had one good game this season, even meireles and kalou have played well in a match, malouda has not played well in one match this season. If anyone mentions against portsmouth, they might not even be a club at the end of the season which really says it all about them. I could probably play well against them.

Torres has been better than drogba this season tbh, it's like what ancelotti has said, drogba has this overwhelming presence over the team, even though drogba has barely scored this season and has had terrible games, nobody actually complains about him despite him and torres having the same problem with goals since last year in january, yet with torres everyone complains but people still say drogba is a top class player...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Malouda is the worst player in the chelsea team, he must have been trolling when he said he wanted more playing time, he hasn't had one good game this season, even meireles and kalou have played well in a match, malouda has not played well in one match this season. If anyone mentions against portsmouth, they might not even be a club at the end of the season which really says it all about them. I could probably play well against them.

Torres has been better than drogba this season tbh, it's like what ancelotti has said, drogba has this overwhelming presence over the team, even though drogba has barely scored this season and has had terrible games, nobody actually complains about him despite him and torres having the same problem with goals since last year in january, yet with torres everyone complains but people still say drogba is a top class player...
    It's probably because people struggle to see beyond the £50m pricepoint when comparing the two. But when it comes down to comparing the two based on how they perform rather than what performance is EXPECTED of them, I don't see how anyone can outright claim that Drogba's been the better player.

I don't think I've ever seen Drogba so disinterested in playing football while wearing the blue shirt. I thought there was a remarkable difference in terms of motivation and incentive when he went away to play at the African Nations Cup; and he seemed to have retained that coming back (good game against Bolton).

The proof is also found numerically: Torres has scored and assisted more goals this season than Drogba despite having (I think?) played less..

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.