Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hope it doesn't go to pens, we have trains to catch!

I'm hoping for a narrow Chelsea win.

ReputationRep:
    Best I can hope for is a narrow win. Think we might scrape it 1-0 tbf. Maybe now the players will get their head in gear and play for Robbie Di Matteo because of his links to the club and the fact that he's been with us since the start of the season. All can't be blamed on the old guard ofc, but it's going take a bit of work to win back some of the fans imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    AVB was sacked because he was bad, im sick of people blaming the "old guard", lamps is the top scorer atm, he deserves his apps. Playing players out of position, banning anelka from training + x mas party, doing idiotic subs each game, starting with basingwa ahead of cole in the napoli game; i dont think he was the right person to take us forward. A whole set of players cannot decline in 1 year from winning the double to being bad and having to be replaced.

Avb should however do us a favour and take failures torres and malouda , and 4-3-3 with him.
    Yeah, because he brought 4-3-3, bought malouda and torres :rolleyes:
    I've had enough of sacking managers every season. From what it looks like, the team didn't adhere to his instructions, which makes sense why he used meireles and others over lampard and the rest. Anyway, anelka was treated badly and so was alex, tbh his job was to shift them, although he shifted them in a way that wasn't professional.

Anyway, banning anelka from training, you might want to see what mancini did with bridge, onouha, adebayor, bellamy, you don't see people saying he should be sacked because of it. Ranieri was never the best with man management, he played dennis wise at left back on the last minute to piss him off, that didn't mean that he should be sacked because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    What do you guys reckon of your chances against Birmingham? Honest answers please.
    Hmm, Birmingham have a promotion to focus on, they might not be up for it as much as we think, this was similar to arsenal vs leeds last season, so I reckon we'll win it 2-0 or 2-1. I'm not too sure on di matteo, he got west brom promoted, but they were a bit of a laughing stock in the prem when he was the manager, on par with wigan, anyway, di matteo can use this as his lucky break, if he can win us the fa cup or the champions league, he could get a contract for the next season.

ReputationRep:
    He'll never get signed on a long contract unless he was to win every game or the champions league or something.

RA will pay another obscene fee to bring in another big name with CV. He'll know after AVB that it's even more important to try and bring in a name which will demand respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    He'll never get signed on a long contract unless he was to win every game or the champions league or something.

RA will pay another obscene fee to bring in another big name with CV. He'll know after AVB that it's even more important to try and bring in a name which will demand respect.
    This sounds like a similar situation to hiddink and grant, if we sack a manager mid season, we usually do much better until the end of the season. Although we will probably get a big name. I think hiddink didn't lose a match as chelsea manager and grant went unbeaten at home too. So, I reckon we'll do better, but then again the team was much better then, although, we don't lose quality overnight which is still true.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...s-players.html

Interesting article. Your players are a bunch of ***** it seems.

ReputationRep:

heh; makes you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)

heh; makes you think.
    Wow. That's really weird, shows how very little tolerance Abramovic has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)

heh; makes you think.
    Tbf, they are different situations.
    We are a top 4 team that should be challenging for the title every season in a state of transition(still have a team good enough to get top 4 and challenge for all competitions), they were an emerging top 4 team that were mid table the last season but with a bit of money and a couple of very good players who hadn't gelled yet.

ReputationRep:
    If we go and thrash Birmingham 4-0 and then Napoli 3-0, I think we'll then know it was the players that got him sacked.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fair to say, we are all disappointed with CFC. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    If we go and thrash Birmingham 4-0 and then Napoli 3-0, I think we'll then know it was the players that got him sacked.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we did tbh.

ReputationRep:
    we're birmingham we're birmingham we're birmingham, keep right on to the end of the road. **** off Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    we're birmingham we're birmingham we're birmingham, keep right on to the end of the road. **** off Chelsea

Hi?

ReputationRep:
    Team: Cech (c); Ivan, Cahill, D Luiz, Bert; Ram, Mik, Meir; Kal, Torres, Mata. - subs: Hil, JT, Ess, Lamps, Sturr, Drog, Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    Why is JT on the bench?....

And Lamps, Drogba and Essien on the bench today, interesting, very interesting. Would have thought he would bring back Romeu to the squad and maybe start him today. Kalou Mata and Torres is a trio I wanted to see! Lets see how they do!

ReputationRep:
    I think he opted for a team with energy as Lampard, Drogba, Sturridge and Essien had played on Saturday so may need a rest. John Terry is just starting to recover so he is probably on the bench for that reason.

Decent line-up, very experimental, would have liked to see Romeu instead of Mikel but Mikel has the height advantage especially playing against Zigic. Mikel is also more experienced.

In future, would love to see McEachran playing part.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about 4-3-3 aswell, thought Mata wanted to play behind Torres?

ReputationRep:
    Roy Keane absolutely incensed by the ear flicking :rofl2:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.