Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    yeh you forget the 7-2 against Sunderland. they've all been very promising results.

i think we can try out a 4-4-2 this saturday to see how it works out. anything but the diamond...it renders j.cole and malouda useless.

Cech
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry A.Cole
    J.Cole Ballack Lampard Malouda
    Anelka Drogba
    Yeah Sunderland another one I forgot, they were even poorer opposition than Preston and Birmingham though, on a similar level to Watford.

We won't go for a flat out 4-4-2, it'll be a diamond or christmas tree formation. We've done well this January, but we haven't come across any very tough opposition.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100...240137_1948576

Who is this guy? any good?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea duo Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou have also returned from Angola but will not be considered until the trip to Hull on Tuesday.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8486120.stm

woot woot!

(Original post by V1NY)

no idea tbh. he was recently called up as a first team substitute for our FA cup game against Preston, so he must be decent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)

Interesting that. I think you'll find he's excellent going forward, has a very good cross on him but is slightly suspect defensively. Then again, what young full backs aren't? Also quite versatile, main position is LB but can play in midfield or CB too. Impressed at Coventry and they wanted to keep him, although I think we recalled him back to get him more involved in the first team. When one of the top Championship sides comes after him though it's good news, excellent loan deal for him and I hope he does very well.

ReputationRep:
    Ah lame, I changed Anelka to Drogba thinking he'd get both games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Ah lame, I changed Anelka to Drogba thinking he'd get both games
    I thought he was going to as well, he's certainly available, perhaps Ancelotti doesn't want to rush him back with fitness and everything. Don't worry though, Arsenal are up next after Hull. Guranteed points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I thought he was going to as well, he's certainly available, perhaps Ancelotti doesn't want to rush him back with fitness and everything. Don't worry though, Arsenal are up next after Hull. Guranteed points.
    Well I wouldve stuck with Anelka until after the gameweek otherwise.. Bet he scores loads now
    Lampard captain it is!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully if things go our way 6 point lead by tuesday

ReputationRep:
    A solid 2, unless he's captained of course. 4 points :coma:

Don't expect anything other than a very difficult game. We won't lay down for you like every other team seems to.

ReputationRep:
    Gallas to score the only goal, an own goal, in the 95th minute after the fourth official indicated a minimum of two minutes of added time?!

Nah.

Hmmm should be a good game to watch tbh. :holmes:

I expect Arsenal to get a result against Chelsea. Now Overs won't see this as it's Chelsea and not in Arsenal. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    So Arsenal have Utd then Chelsea in consecutive weeks... ouch.

Although in all seriousness I hope you beat Man Utd, and obviously we beat you

ReputationRep:
    I think if Arsenal beat United, they'll definitely take points from Chelsea...

In any case, I'm thinking we beat United 3-1 and draw 1-1 with your lot.

ReputationRep:
    And lose to Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    And lose to Liverpool?
    :teehee:

That's actually a pretty good one.

Liverpool. Roffle.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer Arsenal to draw to Utd, lose to us, and beat Liverbundle.

I do not want to see Ancelotti blow another lead again. His Juventus stint was bad enough, let alone AC Milan. No more mozerella crumbles please. I prefer pizza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'd prefer Arsenal to draw to Utd, lose to us, and beat Liverbundle.

I do not want to see Ancelotti blow another lead again. His Juventus stint was bad enough, let alone AC Milan. No more mozerella crumbles please. I prefer pizza.
    Had the dream last night. The pre-match, but not about United... it was just about Chelsea.

Chelsea 1 - 3 Arsenal.

We were 3 - 0 up as well when my dream tuned in to the game.

You enjoyed being right with your prediction, as I remember, Aaron

ReputationRep:
    wish they had free ESPN for this weekend :sigh:

Bosingwa to return in Feb. Who do people prefer, him or Ivanovic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    wish they had free ESPN for this weekend :sigh:

Bosingwa to return in Feb. Who do people prefer, him or Ivanovic?
    A stream will be up somewhere.

Both are excellent options, wouldn't like to say one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Tough call. Both pretty inconsistent.

Bosingwa maybe for the pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Tough call. Both pretty inconsistent.

Bosingwa maybe for the pace.
    Ivanovic, inconsistent, what games have you been watching recently wtf?

He's been more consistent than Didier or Anelka. Best three players this season.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.