Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    From what I saw of the last 20 mins he did fairly well towards the end and not many attacks actually got through from that side. although the first leg vs birmingham he should have been man of the match. Bertrand really should get a run in, I think he likes playing birmingham too.
    I thought Wade Elliot had some success over that side of the pitch. As did Burke when he came on. For most of the game though he had only an out of position Rooney to worry about so wasn't going to be troubled too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    I thought Wade Elliot had some success over that side of the pitch. As did Burke when he came on. For most of the game though he had only an out of position Rooney to worry about so wasn't going to be troubled too much.
    True, he did, he was much better in the first tie, although he didn't get troubled that much. I only watched the last 20 mins though tbf, was playing 5 a side with my mates.

ReputationRep:
    Opta Joe on Twitter: "24 - Fernando Torres has now passed the 24-hour mark [24 hours, 30 mins] without a goal for Chelsea or Spain."

Considering what happened with Shevchenko, do you think RA will have learnt his lesson? Time to cut your losses in the summer or keep persisting? Can't see anyone paying over 20mil for him, maybe even less!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Opta Joe on Twitter: "24 - Fernando Torres has now passed the 24-hour mark [24 hours, 30 mins] without a goal for Chelsea or Spain."

Considering what happened with Shevchenko, do you think RA will have learnt his lesson? Time to cut your losses in the summer or keep persisting? Can't see anyone paying over 20mil for him, maybe even less!
    He probably has, I said that if he doesn't do well this season, then we should cut our losses, however, this problem is also due to all our strikers, which is the only reason why i'll back torres, I would say, wait till january and see whether we can get him back, if not we sell him for around 15-20 million to someone in another league, or back to you guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    He probably has, I said that if he doesn't do well this season, then we should cut our losses, however, this problem is also due to all our strikers, which is the only reason why i'll back torres, I would say, wait till january and see whether we can get him back, if not we sell him for around 15-20 million to someone in another league, or back to you guys.
    We'll trade you Joe Cole for him

ReputationRep:
    We, being Lille? Edit, nvm on loan from Pool!

ReputationRep:
    I'd erm, rather not. You can have benayoun though. How many times have you duped us with signings now, we're not buying any more of your players.

It also seems like terry was on AVB's side too.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-made-mistakes

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    I know I shouldn't do this since I'm a chelsea fan and I fully support torres, but I can't help but lol at this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajNZV...eature=related

ReputationRep:

Sums up the last 24 hours of his career? Great turn, then useless.

ReputationRep:
    So, how are we expecting Roberto to do today against Stoke at home? Looks like the players are enjoying themselves now, I think we can get 4th with this, (as painful as it is to say but) renewed confidence and togetherness. Wishful thinking but Torres scores a blinder today lol.

Cech
    Ivanovic - Luiz - Cahill - Cole

Essien

Lampard - Ramires

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

I think he'll pick this team, I really hope he puts Lukaku on the bench and gives him something like 20 mins to play, he'd kind of cope with Stoke's height and power.

2-0 Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Team v Stoke: Cech; Ivan, Cahill, JT (c), Cole; Mik, Meir; Ram, Lamps, Kal; Drog. - subs: Turn, D Luiz, Ess, Rom, Mata, Sturr, Torres

Oh god, we're doomed, no mata! Doooomed I tell ya!

ReputationRep:
    What has he done?...It's a 4-2-3-1 with Ramires and Kalou on the wings..Luiz is benched, so without Mata and Luiz no creativity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    What has he done?...It's a 4-2-3-1 with Ramires and Kalou on the wings..Luiz is benched, so without Mata and Luiz no creativity.
    Rather odd, I hope he knows something we don't..

ReputationRep:
    We need this win, Top 4 will slip otherwise.

No Mata or Sturridge, bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    Ivanovic is raping the right side.
    But overall, this is the same problem that we've been having the whole season.

ReputationRep:
    Ivanovic's delivery has been poor but his shot :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Insane match. Fuller's stamp was ridiculous, what an idiot. If Chelsea dont win they would be very dissapointed, hit the bar at least 3 times.

ReputationRep:
    Why did we sub meireles? We should have subbed mikel.

Stoke are so frustrating it's unbelievable, how can you honestly watch this and call it football.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, David Luiz at full back! Let's see how he plays there now!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.