Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    We already have a creative player in the likes of Mata, it's just he's being played out of position.

What we need is a left-winger and a striker to replace Drogba.
    Hulk can play on the left. For the striker, we could buy so many people, even ba can be an option, there has been loads of reports that higuain might make way so real can buy sergio aguero, even messi has said he would like him to go to real. Or we can buy matri maybe?

What about this list of strikers.

Higuain
    Benzema
    Ba
    Van Persie
    Negredo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Hulk can play on the left. For the striker, we could buy so many people, even ba can be an option, there has been loads of reports that higuain might make way so real can buy sergio aguero, even messi has said he would like him to go to real. Or we can buy matri maybe?

Higuain
    Benzema
    Ba
    Van Persie
    Negredo
    Even if RVP was to leave Arsenal, it definately wouldn't be to Chelsea..

You guys aren't even the richest kids on the block anymore, if someone wants to aim for trophies/bucket of cash, they go to City.

If you spunk cash on Ba, it could turn out to be worse than money on Torres, considering how bad Ba's knee is.

ReputationRep:
    Negredo is a good shout for you guys tbh. Strong player, perfect for the PL and a pretty good finisher. Your options will be quite limited if you don't secure CL football, I reckon.

Benzema and RVP will not come to Chelsea, and I agree with Zerforax about Ba.

Higuain could possibly leave Madrid, but Juventus are looking like the more likely destination for him.

ReputationRep:

Higuain
    Benzema
    Ba
    Van Persie
    Negredo
    Definitely not Ba, or Van Persie, could go for Benzema

ReputationRep:
    If only Fernando Llorente was 5 years younger.

ReputationRep:
    FFS, Arsenal score in the last minute to win. They are in great form at the moment and overtaking them will be tough.

Hopefully Spurs will slip up more and Arsenal to 3rd and Chelsea to 4th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Negredo is a good shout for you guys tbh. Strong player, perfect for the PL and a pretty good finisher. Your options will be quite limited if you don't secure CL football, I reckon.

Benzema and RVP will not come to Chelsea, and I agree with Zerforax about Ba.

Higuain could possibly leave Madrid, but Juventus are looking like the more likely destination for him.
    You really think our options will be limited with the money we have? We aren't arsenal or liverpool who have been living off previous prestige and getting top 4 places so this isn't a problem for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If only Fernando Llorente was 5 years younger.
    We bought the wrong fernando torres... :facepalm2:
    Llorente will never leave bilbao and muniain isn't leaving anytime soon either.

ReputationRep:
    You really think our options will be limited with the money we have? We aren't arsenal or liverpool who have been living off previous prestige and getting top 4 places so this isn't a problem for us.
    Even Man City struggled to get a decent class of player without CL football, so yes, your options will be limited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Even Man City struggled to get a decent class of player without CL football, so yes, your options will be limited.
    Sure, like he struggled to get the best winger in the league, or the golden boot winner last season without CL football, or a champions league winner in toure and balotelli?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, like he struggled to get the best winger in the league, or the golden boot winner last season without CL football, or a champions league winner in toure and balotelli?
    Yeah, flukes. And it's a lot more money than you toy with.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, flukes. And it's a lot more money than you toy with.
    You're telling me getting yaya toure, balotelli, david silva and carlos tevez were all flukes? All 4 of them being world class in their position and were bought before getting any CL football?

Plus, we have abramovich, we could easily afford to spend 200 million, maybe not now because of fairplay but we can still do it if we want to and try and make the money back by redeveloping the bridge or winning trophies?

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem is that City were on an upwards trajectory and managed to convince star players about their projects.

While they signed Silva, Yaya, Balotelli, Tevez - don't forget how much they were offered in wages but also that:

Valencia needed to sell and no other big team made a concrete offer for Silva

Barcelona decided they didn't need Yaya

Inter deemed Balotelli too much work and the offer was too good to turn down

No one held Tevez's registration so he could go to wherever offered the best money - not forgetting that he has talked openly about wanting to retire young/go back to Argentina.

Might be hard pressed to find players in the similar situation and Chelsea's project is in free fall. You'd need to appoint a big name as the manager and then show to each player that you're going to refresh the squad to get them to sign.

Lack of CL football for one season won't impact the signings that much but it will if it looks unrealistic that you will return to the CL the season after.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. That.

Suck it, jam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think the problem is that City were on an upwards trajectory and managed to convince star players about their projects.

While they signed Silva, Yaya, Balotelli, Tevez - don't forget how much they were offered in wages but also that:

Valencia needed to sell and no other big team made a concrete offer for Silva

Barcelona decided they didn't need Yaya

Inter deemed Balotelli too much work and the offer was too good to turn down

No one held Tevez's registration so he could go to wherever offered the best money - not forgetting that he has talked openly about wanting to retire young/go back to Argentina.

Might be hard pressed to find players in the similar situation and Chelsea's project is in free fall. You'd need to appoint a big name as the manager and then show to each player that you're going to refresh the squad to get them to sign.

Lack of CL football for one season won't impact the signings that much but it will if it looks unrealistic that you will return to the CL the season after.
    Good post.

..we really need to get that 4th place in the table. I think it is possible, at the expense of Spurs.

I remain pessimistic about the next couple of games though; I don't think we can take on Napoli at their current form, and it'll be tough to walk out of ManCity with a single point next week.

ReputationRep:
    Since AVB was sacked, had a couple of good results, beat Bham to progress in the FA cup and 3 points against Stoke who can be a banana skin (even if it was at the Bridge).

The problem is, can the squad lift them and play at a high standard against the big teams?

Teams to play:
    Man City (A)
    Tottenham (H)
    Newcastle (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Liverpool (A)

With those as 5 of your remaining 10 games, along with a tie against Napoli, it's a pretty talk ask even if Arsenal and Spurs are 3 and 4 points ahead respectively.

ReputationRep:
    i seriously dont know why we dont play lukaku more?....he was really good for anderlecht.....he deserves a shot....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by praj1)
    i seriously dont know why we dont play lukaku more?....he was really good for anderlecht.....he deserves a shot....
    Probably because he's 18 and when a seasoned striker like Drogba and a 50mil purchase like Torres are struggling, it's hard to afford chances to a youngster.

ReputationRep:
    Especially when 3 ties are away against probably some of the toughest grounds in the league. No one really ever wins at Anfield. Man city have a 100% record at home. Arsenal are bossing it at the moment at home (nice pitch).

Tottenham are never an easy game and Newcastle proved last night that they can really tango with the big boys even when they're in form.

I still expect Chelsea to make CL places, hopefully not at the expense of Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. That.

Suck it, jam.
    Yeah but read what he said after, if we missed CL qualification(which I'm adamant that we won't), are we really gonna miss it for another season? Lets be serious.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.