Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    what a game! although we wont get anywhere near the praise arsenal got for their 3-0
    4-1 just as good no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary)
    Dont get haps you aint facing either
    Why would I be happy?

I'm just pointing out the celebrations are a bit eccentric for going through to the last 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    i loled at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    If there was ever a win this season that would show a spark of resurgence or anything promising, it would be the 2nd leg against Napoli.
    Unbelievable win. This game.

ReputationRep:
    :congrats: Well done guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    Why would I be happy?

I'm just pointing out the celebrations are a bit eccentric for going through to the last 8.
    You're clearly clueless

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be happy?

not really, the match had alot of tension, overcoming a 3-1 loss is quite a feat, especially after what we have gone through recently. Big achievment for di matteo.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be happy?

What if you got into the last 8 would it of been any less? Stop hating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    Bitter Arsenal fans, please leave
    actually I'm celebrating this win. We need Chelsea to be as busy as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    actually I'm celebrating this win. We need Chelsea to be as busy as possible.
    Could get last 4 if we draw APOEL haha!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Good game Chelsea, took to Extra time, could have went either way, but they defended well, and both teams tried their best.

1st half of Normal time I think that Napoli really deserved a goal, they pressed and on their counter attack they looked like scoring. You guys were really back into the tie as soon as the 1st goal went in. 2nd goal and you guys were through, until it was 2-1 and then 3-1 by pen. Brilliant display by both teams.

Fernando Torres looks like he wants to score and deserves a goal tbh, feel sorry for him - shouldn't take this long for a striker to score a goal. He is well overdue one, but unfortunately it couldn't come today, that one chance was in a bad angle though.

Your the only English team through to the QFs of CL. But you got the likes of Barca, Real, Milan etc to get through first, I think you'll possibly face one of them in the QF if not SF.

ReputationRep:
    After the dodgy first half an hour, that was completely excellent.
    Avoiding Barcelona/Real Madrid would be nice, but at least we're in the next round.

ReputationRep:
    Shame about the diving/play acting but very good two legs to watch as a neutral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    not really, the match had alot of tension, overcoming a 3-1 loss is quite a feat, especially after what we have gone through recently. Big achievment for di matteo.
    I understand it's quite a feat. I just think it's eccentric celebrations, that is all. If you was through to the finals or something along those lines, then those celebrations are perfectly fine. It's just you still could possibly draw Madrid, Barca, Milan or Bayern.

(Original post by Legendary)
    What if you got into the last 8 would it of been any less? Stop hating
    Not hating, said it was a good match and fair play for winning it.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome game. Not the greatest in terms of pure quality but it was dramatic and tense throughout. Napoli looked dangerous throughout with their quick counters but Chelsea dug in and physically over powered them on crosses. Chelsea defence looks dodgy and midfield was exposed too often, but Chelsea thoroughly deserved that. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Napoli were disapointing but the score doesn't reflect how well Chelsea have played.
    Even tho 5 goals were scored I feel both teams could have played much better.
    Really entertaining games as a neutral.
    Torres needs a goal... or ten before the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely brilliant! Everyone played their hearts out, while maybe not the best technical performance, it was top drawer spirit.

Never been that nervous during a Chelsea game for a very, very long time.

ReputationRep:
    Here's hoping we avoid Bayern, Barca and Real...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    remember his selection for the first leg?
    So the sacking has been the right decision for you?

IMO there was never a doubt that AVB had to go, I have no idea why this chelsea manager in particular out of so many others before him was getting so much sympathy for getting the sack despite taking your club through the worst patch in ambrovich's era. And its rather stupid of so many people who were calling for the chelsea 'old guard' to be sold off, tonight's game just proved what I had never doubted, that the likes of terry, lampard and drogba still have lots to offer.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely brilliant! Everyone played their hearts out, while maybe not the best technical performance, it was top drawer spirit.

Never been that nervous during a Chelsea game for a very, very long time.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.