Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Yeah, we've only scored the second highest amount of goals this season. I couldn't careless about fancy football (although we have played some very good football this year), results are what's important. If we can mix those results with good football, then even better. Results first, good football second.
    yeah I guess but second only to who?
    And actually in the country your third, premierleague-to-be norwich city are on 64 at the moment :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You got destroyed at the Emirates by Chelsea, and then United. Keep quiet, you. Unless of course, you win something. When did you last do that? Five years?
    Deflecting like this shows an insecurity in your current position which rivals your club.

Would be far more sensible to engage a decent poster like JK. He's hardly a classic WUM. Jesus.

If you even draw against us this weekend, United are right back level, and we've a simple run in comparatively. A draw is bad for you in terms of momentum and in terms of a proof in total come endgame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Anelka played so well when he was up front. Joe was doing really well on the right wing, shame he didn't get to start.

told you Drogba would **** it up for us!

only one who was good today was Ivanovic. So damn consistent.
    Look tired tonight, unsurprising though really. Let's just hope he can give a big performance against Arsenal, then we can probably afford to rest him against Cardiff. A shame he didn't start on the right, and he should have been introduced earlier.

Without him we'd have lost...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    yeah I guess but second only to who?
    And actually in the country your third, premierleague-to-be norwich city are on 64 at the moment :woo:
    To Arsenal. I couldn't care less though, that attacking emphasis has left their defence vulnerable, and that's why they're not top of the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Deflecting like this shows an insecurity in your current position which rivals your club.

Would be far more sensible to engage a decent poster like JK. He's hardly a classic WUM. Jesus.

If you even draw against us this weekend, United are right back level, and we've a simple run in comparatively. A draw is bad for you in terms of momentum and in terms of a proof in total come endgame.
    No, I simply have no idea why Arsenal supporters think they've got a platform to talk from after their awful performance on the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    almost as boring as your clubs football I suppose?
    Nobody remembers attractive football if it doesn't bring in silverware. Porto and Liverpool won the Champions League in not the best attractive means but nobody gives a damn. You can bring your argument about money if you want, and it is relevant. But if your team does not win anything for a few more seasons then why are Gallas and co on wages that teams like Everton would love to be able to afford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Our performance is irrelevant though, we came on and admitted our obvious failures and acknowledged the weaknesses that we had, you have just come on after drawing to Hull and attempted to claim that it is a good result.
    It isn't a good result, but it's a result that has extended our lead. Of course, three points would have been preferred, but it wasn't to happen. Dealt with it, and now moving forward. I'm not spoilt to the extent where every draw is an awful result, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    No, I simply have no idea why Arsenal supporters think they've got a platform to talk from after their awful performance on the weekend.
    Chelsea's mediocrity tonight (and how they've honestly been struggling without Essien - albeit results have remained fairly good) gives us hope that we might get our backlash at the Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's mediocrity tonight (and how they've honestly been struggling without Essien - albeit results have remained fairly good) gives us hope that we might get our backlash at the Bridge.
    Mikel will be back for the game at the Bridge, and if anyone can ensure we control the midfield, it's him.

Classic example:

- vs Arsenal - Mikel started, we dominated midfield.
    - vs City - Mikel on bench, City dominated the midfield. Mikel came on as a sub, we then dominated the midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Our performance is irrelevant though, we came on and admitted our obvious failures and acknowledged the weaknesses that we had, you have just come on after drawing to Hull and attempted to claim that it is a good result.
    i said it was a decent result, stop putting words in people's mouths. decent in the sense we're now two points clear at the top, and have 6 points over you lot. i admit the game should have been won, but instead of wallowing in self pity we're taking the positives out of it and moving on. what's you problem ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel has got a lot better since his facepalm days of getting a red card every fortnight, but he's no Essien.

We will get chances against Chelsea, and a fair few. What we must do is smash Drogba into fragments. Vermaelen, Gallas and Song are going to have to man-to-man it imo.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel has got a lot better since his facepalm days of getting a red card every fortnight, but he's no Essien.

We will get chances against Chelsea, and a fair few. What we must do is smash Drogba into fragments. Vermaelen, Gallas and Song are going to have to man-to-man it imo.
    Man marking Didier can be done with his role in the side, although it's a dangerous one, because any lapse of concentration will result in a goal. Anelka's much harder to man mark, movement is much better and is allowed the freedom of the last third. With any luck, your full backs will be as **** as ever and he'll have a field day.

ReputationRep:
    In all frankness the day Didier Drogba is gone from the Premiership will be a pleasant one for all Gooners. We've never been able to deal with him. The fundamental way we defend is suicidal against a player so instinctively able to exploit organisational naivety.

Should the day arrive where we happen to shackle him, I would go as far as to suggest Arsene's grown up a bit tactically. That's what I'd prefer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I'm not putting word's in anyone's mouth, you called it decent and CFC1992 make some sarky comment about me being pleased at you moving a point further ahead, the fact is this wasn't some sort of bonus game, it was 2 points dropped and a **** result for you.
    :confused:

go play on paint you bugger, you're not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Man marking Didier can be done with his role in the side, although it's a dangerous one, because any lapse of concentration will result in a goal. Anelka's much harder to man mark, movement is much better and is allowed the freedom of the last third. With any luck, your full backs will be as **** as ever and he'll have a field day.
    Anelka right now might have joy against Gael, but Sagna will be fine as usual.

We will win the game only if you we attack on the counter and put the chances away when they come.

But I am confident we can win.

ReputationRep:
    To Arsenal. I couldn't care less though, that attacking emphasis has left their defence vulnerable, and that's why they're not top of the league.
    Well most attacking does not necessarily mean the most attractive. Arsenal's style can be nice but if they spend ages just passing it around when we have already taken a good shot on target then we can be more attacking. And it is us who have more attempts on target. So we just need to be more clinical in front of goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    the Arsenal lot aren't too bad. It certainly is the City and Chelsea fans that are proving the most scrotal this season. Mind you, it's just a few in each society letting the majority down...
    Lets be honest, our soc bar me are probably the most grounded posters on the forum. Jim, Christien, Erik, James and Jangra all post sense and you know that.

ReputationRep:
    Anelka right now might have joy against Gael, but Sagna will be fine as usual.

We will win the game only if you we attack on the counter and put the chances away when they come.

But I am confident we can win.
    Out of curiosity... who do you think has the strongest squad? Man Utd or Chelsea?

Also, were you confident you'd beat Man Utd on sunday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Read it as you hadn't had a game home or away but still doesn't really matter tbh, a late goal to get a win against Burnley (not saying it isn't tough to go there but to scrape it like that) and drawing whilst playing very average football at Hull is hardly tearing apart the lower teams is it?
    Every team at the top has had their not-so-great moments this season, it happens. But 1 poor result does not mean we are off form. Really the worst thing you can do is read too much into it - our teams have been about the same in the last 2 games, the result on the weekend will tell more than the 2 against Hull and Burnley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Out of curiosity... who do you think has the strongest squad? Man Utd or Chelsea?

Also, were you confident you'd beat Man Utd on sunday?
    misplaced confidence

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.