Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Out of curiosity... who do you think has the strongest squad? Man Utd or Chelsea?

Also, were you confident you'd beat Man Utd on sunday?
    Chelsea definitely have a stronger squad. Midfield is where that is very clear, and hence why I selected Chelsea as my prediction for 1st... and Arsenal 2nd.

I didn't think we'd lose, and thought a win far more likely than a loss. The game was a tad bizarre by all counts, really.

ReputationRep:
    Rugby league merchants. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Well Good News for Chelsea Fans. The Court of Arbitration for Sport has cleared Chelsea of any wrong doing involving the Gael Kakuta deal and have lifted the transfer ban off Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Byebye transfer ban.

ReputationRep:
    sly Chelsea

hello summer transfers

ReputationRep:
    OHHHHHHHH!!!!

HOW very FORTUNATE.

Chelsea have got previous for this rubbish, what with tapping up Ashley Cole... and then they get away without any penalty whatsoever... It really is such an embarrassing decision.

They're not even a big club ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    OHHHHHHHH!!!!

HOW very FORTUNATE.

Chelsea have got previous for this rubbish, what with tapping up Ashley Cole... and then they get away without any penalty whatsoever... It really is such an embarrassing decision.

They're not even a big club ffs.
    Kakuta's contract wasn't valid, why should we be punished? The only embarrasing decision here isn't CAS's, but FIFA's in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    FIFA have it in for us tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    FIFA have it in for us tbh.
    Who doesn't?

**** 'em all!

ReputationRep:
    Probably Platini-Penguin more than anything.

But take my word for it, if it had happened to Arsenal, they'd have confiscated the Emirates and made us ground share with Spuds :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Kakuta's contract wasn't valid, why should we be punished? The only embarrasing decision here isn't CAS's, but FIFA's in the first place.
    Chelsea have had their transfer ban lifted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport after reaching an agreement with Lens over the signing of Gael Kakuta.

A statement on the Cas website said that the two clubs and the player had accepted the player's contract with the French side was not valid.

Thus Kakuta could not have terminated it prematurely, so Chelsea could not be liable for inducing it to be breached.

The Cas said all parties agreed the proceedings would remain confidential.

Actual transcript from secret recording taken

Bruce Buck: Now chaps, aren't you being a tad unreasonable about this whole Kakuta thing?

Lens Guy: Mais non?

BB: Well if you read the contract, it turns out the whole thing wasn't actually valid! Your lawyers, despite being experts in this field and having written plenty of other contracts that are perfectly fine, have let you down decidedly here.

LG: Sacre Bleu! You Engleesh types are right! Excusez us! Can we make this go away without any money changing hands?

BB: Of course, we here at Chelsea are nothing if not a loveable, helpful bunch.

LG: Theese ees of course, tres embarrasseeng. Can we perhaps... mention nothing to ze papiers?

BB: Certainly, my good man, we shall protect your reputation after your most grievous error, think nothing of it!

LG: Ahh... merci. You are a wonderful 'uman beeing.
    :beard:

ReputationRep:
    ^ :rofl:

(Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Lets be honest, our soc bar me are probably the most grounded posters on the forum. Jim, Christien, Erik, James and Jangra all post sense and you know that.
    Oh Jepp :knuddel: :fan:

ReputationRep:
    this isn't what we needed going into sunday

ReputationRep:
    Anything to get the scum one step closer to the title.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Terrance has a mental breakdown.

The whole of our team should be donning TEAM BRIDGE armbands tomorrow. For teh lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    this isn't what we needed going into sunday
    What isn't? Terry's been outstanding in recent weeks, he's still our captain and he's still expected to do a job - and I have absolutely no doubt that he'll deliver another world class performance.

Captain, leader, legend.

ReputationRep:
    England's loss. Nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    England's loss. Nevermind.
    Yep, and if Capello has any integrity in this decision he'll drop him from all future squads. Who cares? I'd prefer us to win the commuinity shield than England winning the world cup.

Anyway, the media have it win, win regardless of England's performance in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Let's replace the womaniser with a drug taker...and have a vice as someone who punches DJs.

Top notch of people in the England football team..

Rio won't be half the captain JT would've been in the World Cup. Although in some ways I wouldn't be surprised that (if we do win) Rio and JT raise the cup together.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.