Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fantastic news for us chelsea lads with the transfer ban over, and u can't say big clubs get away with everything, may i remind u of the tevez debate that rages to this day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    fantastic news for us chelsea lads with the transfer ban over, and u can't say big clubs get away with everything, may i remind u of the tevez debate that rages to this day
    West Ham aren't a big club. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Without wishing to WUM, I would still regard them as historically in London very much aside Chelsea to be frank . . .

ReputationRep:
    yes i know i was trying to make the point that it isn't always the big clubs that seem to get away with everything as they didn't get punished the way they should have been when they signed tevez

ReputationRep:
    really guys, terry is stripped of the england captincy and none of us can think of something to say, at the end od the day i don't like the decsion but will respect capello for being brave enough to make it. it just goes to show that nobody is safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    West Ham aren't a big club.
    They can be viewed as one. Certainly bigger than Sheffield Utd, although the Tevez deal actually affected every team and not just Sheffield Utd. For all we know, if Tevez wasn't allowed to join West Ham, Arsenal could have won the league and we might have won the CL. So when it was concluded that Tevez shouldn't have joined West Ham under third party ownership saving them from relegation, then what is he doing playing for Utd helping them win trophies under third partner ownership? So when Utd fans claim we buy titles because we should only spend money generated from football, we can say their honours won with Tevez in their squad were a fraud?

France's fault for not being in-line with other countries regarding contracts. They've had years of warning (and French managers have wanted it changed) but they have failed to comply with the rest of Europe. We're all part of the European Community so we're supposed to be have similar rules.

ReputationRep:
    why do i have the feeling we're not going to get 3 points tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    It's so hard to predict either way really.

Should be a fantastic game. I genuinely hope for a spectacle.

ReputationRep:
    Same. I think we'll lose to Inter in the CL. It will be a set-piece. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Same. I think we'll lose to Inter in the CL. It will be a set-piece. :sigh:
    we'll always have the community shield...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    It's so hard to predict either way really.

Should be a fantastic game. I genuinely hope for a spectacle.
    Think you'll at least get a draw. I'm not sure if Terry being stripped of England captaincy will affect the game. Always find the Arsenal-Chelsea games quite good over the years from a pure footballing perspective. Probably better to watch than Arsenal-Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    Terry will either be awesome or awful tommorow. Can't see him being mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Terry will either be awesome or awful tommorow. Can't see him being mediocre.
    He'll deliver a good-'awesome' performance, as he usually does. More importantly though, there's ten other players in Chelsea shirts that need to be doing the business too.

ReputationRep:
    By the way I think it'll be a semi-eventful draw tomorrow. But I better keep up confidence for 'wumming' purposes on tsr.

ReputationRep:
    By the way I think it'll be a semi-eventful draw tomorrow. But I better keep up confidence for 'wumming' purposes on tsr.
    i said you wouldn't WUM on your behalf

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, deals were brokered... allegedly :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Because Arsenal always play well when they are completely written off. Also no Essien :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Because Arsenal always play well when they are completely written off. Also no Essien :coma:
    No Essien and Mikel = You have a point.

The latter is here though, meaning our defensive midfielder is still superior to yours.

ReputationRep:
    No Essien and Mikel = You have a point.

The latter is here though, meaning our defensive midfielder is still superior to yours.
    i reckon Song is better than Mikel. Mikel has no consistency.

ReputationRep:
    Essien > Song > Mikel

I reckon 90% of people would strongly agree with that. Not least because Song adds more than just a steely defender in midfield. He can pass and move (requisite to play for Arsenal I guess) and has real ability to run with the ball. He also slots back to CB easily when one of ours wants to go off running.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.