Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakapaka)
    So, how much you getting fined, for lack of discipline?
    What lack of discipline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    What lack of discipline?
    6 yellow cards presumably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    6 yellow cards presumably
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find it was more down to the abysmal refereeing.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find it was more down to the abysmal refereeing.
    it's down to having so many scrotes in your side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    it's down to having so many scrotes in your side.
    Top of the league, we're having a laugh. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Got what we deserved. Shocking performance - no energy, no fight, awful substitutions at terrible times. We just didn't seem up for the game at all.

ReputationRep:
    Top of the league, we're having a laugh. :woo:
    Just think, a Chelsea draw and a United win and we're level. One man team with Drogs and once ACON comes around, you're ****ed. Enjoy the lead while it lasts.

ReputationRep:
    Just think, a Chelsea draw and a United win and we're level. One man team with Drogs and once ACON comes around, you're ****ed. Enjoy the lead while it lasts.
    without rooney you'd be ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you both get ******. We have been... no RVP, but we're probably the least one-man team in the top four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I hope you both get ******. We have been... no RVP, but we're probably the least one-man team in the top four.
    Hmm, I'd tend to say we're the least one man team in the top four.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'd tend to say we're the least one man team in the top four.
    You have several key players, but remove any one of the bigger ones, and you would have serious issues. Drogba and Lampard especially could **** things up if they got crocked, far more than Robin or Cesc would be noticed should they leave our team.

Liverpool on the other hand would, and have, totally sunk without StarfishG and Torres. United would struggle with no Rooney, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    You have several key players, but remove any one of the bigger ones, and you would have serious issues. Drogba and Lampard especially could **** things up if they got crocked, far more than Robin or Cesc would be noticed should they leave our team.

Liverpool on the other hand would, and have, totally sunk without StarfishG and Torres. United would struggle with no Rooney, too.
    Who have the strongest two squads in the PL? Manchester United and Chelsea. I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    January 2010
    10-31: Africa Cup of Nations finals, Angola

Sunday, 3 January 2010
    The FA Cup
    Chelsea v Watford, R3, 15:00
    Saturday, 9 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Hull v Chelsea, 12:45
    Saturday, 16 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Sunderland, 15:00
    Wednesday, 27 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Birmingham, 19:45
    Saturday, 30 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Burnley v Chelsea, 17:30

Think we'll manage..

ReputationRep:
    Not so sure, tbf. Those are all the sort of teams we struggled against at home last year without Drogba and Essien.

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of Chelsea is that they have lots of strong and experienced players.

Lots of 'key' players as well - and easily the team that could afford to lose 1 or 2 players.

Drogba and Essien are right up there with the big guns of course so losing them will be a blow.

ReputationRep:
    I have said since the start Chelsea will be the league champions, in all likelihood. I don't very much care for the attitude that they are invincible despite losing two of their most effective players, especially for teams that are not amazing, yet not easy to beat.

I also think my point was missed entirely by cfc. United certainly do not have a strong squad, as can be seen by their fielding Gareth Neville as a centerback. If only they'd been playing a proper team that wanted to win the match.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i'd say Arsenal have a better squad than Man Utd. the only man utd player i would take into our starting line up would be rooney. whereas with arsenal, i'd gladly welcome fabregas (instead of ballack), arshavin (instead of deco) and RVP (instead of anelka, who's form has fluctuated this season).

Essien
    Fabregas-----------Lampard
    Arshavin
    Drogba--Van Persie

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    tbh i'd say Arsenal have a better squad than Man Utd. the only man utd player i would take into our starting line up would be rooney. whereas with arsenal, i'd gladly welcome fabregas (instead of ballack), arshavin (instead of deco) and RVP (instead of anelka, who's form has fluctuated this season)
    Anelka has been one of our most consistent performers this season. Absolutely excellent in almost every match he plays.

When we're discussing squads I don't think saying one or two players may reach our starting line up is exactly relevent - it's the squad as an absolute whole, and the back-up players are just as important in the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    A sign for the future?
    With moneybags MKII beating moneybags MKI.
    Does RA keep pumping money in Chelsea or go elsewhere since in the long run, MKII will outspend them and therefore become a better team than them!

:awesome:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.