Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I thought Didier didn't too much in football matches though, Wenger?

Tactically outclassed by a guy who's been here less than a year.
    Your sourness implies a delicious rhubarb crumble :coma:

Wenger slapped Ballack right upside the head. The disrespectful semi-player that he now is.

I'm embarrassed for Ballack. Should know better.

ReputationRep:
    The semi-player who'll actually end up winning more trophies than any of your players this season, and will be leading Germany to the World Cup?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what he will do or won't do.

What he has done was embarrassing and had he, or any of the Chelsea dressing room/back room, any element of sensibility, they would issue a retraction to those comments.

People flew off the handle when Cesc made comments to Hughes after Blackburn did a pub performance against us. Nonetheless, Cesc apologised days later...

Wonder if we can expect the same maturity from Mr. Ballack, whose team actually won and had no need to make any form of inflammatory comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Your sourness implies a delicious rhubarb crumble :coma:

Wenger slapped Ballack right upside the head. The disrespectful semi-player that he now is.

I'm embarrassed for Ballack. Should know better.
    Can't really blame him, tbh.

Wenger has a habit of talking out of his arse when he loses. Ballack called him up on it.

Doesn't really matter whether the press did manipulate Wenger's words or not. The fact that most people believed the words printed reflect how much it fits Mr. Arsenal's character. Wasn't it him that insulted Villa just a few weeks ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I thought Didier didn't too much in football matches though, Wenger?

Tactically outclassed by a guy who's been here less than a year.
    Lazy analysis again. Too predictable? Chelsea were more predictable than Arsenal on Sunday.

But when you listen to Redknapp/Gullit/Gray every weekend I'm not surprised to see it rub off on idiots like you.

Arsene is a genius, and it is astonishing the lack of respects he gets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Lazy journalism again. Too predictable? Chelsea were more predictable than Arsenal on Sunday.

But when you listen to Redknapp/Gullit/Gray every weekend I'm not surprised to see it rub off on idiots like you.

If we're 'predictable', surely a 'genius' like Wenger would know how to beat us?

A total score-line of 5-0 would suggest he hasn't a clue.

Gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Wasn't it him that insulted Villa just a few weeks ago?
    :facepalm2:

Football fans are so :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Yawn... er...

Go and read the post-match interview of Arsene and tell me he wasn't complimentary about Villa.

Also, since when has it been a player's right to comment on a manager, especially one who has earned the respect Wenger has in the footballing world. Wenger was right to absolutely draw a line under it as a stupidity. Ballack represents a nation, and he should know better.

You're being very silly and missing the point, but at present I believe you are doing this on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    If we're 'predictable', surely a 'genius' like Wenger would know how to beat us?

A total score-line of 5-0 would suggest he hasn't a clue.

Gtfo.
    Comments like that back up my theory about football fans being some of the dumbest on the planet.

Every *****g team is predictble. Is it predictable what Bolton are going to do when we play them at the Reebok? Is it predictable what Arsenal are going to do when you come to the Emirates? Same applies with the best team in the world, Barcelona. Predictability in our game is not why we have been dropping points, after all the invincibles were predictable, but there was nothing you could do to stop them. The flaws in our game is why we're not doing so well. Once they are corrected we will win things.

But if you want to suck off Ballack, even though what he said doesn't make sense, go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Yawn... er...

Go and read the post-match interview of Arsene and tell me he wasn't complimentary about Villa.

Also, since when has it been a player's right to comment on a manager, especially one who has earned the respect Wenger has in the footballing world. Wenger was right to absolutely draw a line under it as a stupidity. Ballack represents a nation, and he should know better.

You're being very silly and missing the point, but at present I believe you are doing this on purpose.
    Look. I've always respected the 'big' managers. Wenger, Fergie, whatever. But their ability to criticise a team whilst appearing to 'compliment' them is starting to grate on me. Was O'Neill 'stupid' to take Wenger's words offensively? They're both relatively intelligent, and they both know that whatever they say carries weight.

"We know when we come here what we get and we were not disappointed. They play a very efficient English game with long balls and it is very physical. They are a good side at counter attacking."
    It's easy to cut/paste certain parts and twist it to sound or appear malicious, but Wenger makes it far, far too easy.

Ballack obviously reacted to what Wenger 'may' have said. It may have been unprofessional, but he's a senior member of both the Chelsea squad and the Germany team, it makes sense for him to want to defend his team, no? Do you think someone who usually maintains such a professional outlook on things would have reacted as badly as he did, on one silly interview? Wenger - whom I repeat, I'm quickly losing respect for - is forming a reputation for himself. He's a good, intelligent manager, but a ****, **** loser. It is that reputation that he's formed that'll keep on drawing reactions like the one from Ballack.

So I don't think he should apologise, and I don't think Ballack is to blame. I'm sure Wenger will seem rational for a few more weeks, till another important game comes around against an important team, and he'll complain again.

ReputationRep:
    That's a better post, though I think the quote from Wenger post-Villa is a compliment with a mild backhanded element to it. But obviously it depends if you take it personally being referred to as a long-ball team. Compared to Arsenal, every team is a long ball team, really.

Arsene Wenger did not say it was bad to be one... Obviously O'Neill's responsive tirade showed he took it a little bit personally, but as Arsene said... he was nothing but complimentary of how Villa used their personnel to effect such a style that worked for them, and that he had been gracious to the way they played.

O'Neill was the one with a disporportionate reaction, that much is certain.

With Ballack, he was likely fed a quote, but him wading in is ruthlessly unprofessional and naive for someone who should know football so much better. He should be aware that on any given day a team may play predictably, but watching the match, in the midfield... he certainly was found wanting more than most by the pace of our game. I guess he could predict that he'd be run past by Clichy and Diaby... but he could do little to stop it... Same as with the long balls up towards Drogba. We dealt in the second half... but planning for an inevitability and executing a plan to stop it are quite different.

I will once more draw the parallel with Cesc's famous post-match 'That's not Barcelona football' comment to Hughes. Much as I hate Hughes and think he is vile filth, it was for Arsene to comment on such things, not Cesc... but he was young and impetuous and said it as he walked off after losing an important cup quarter final.

Ballack is a thirty-something national captain whose team had just won, and then he walks out of the changing room to say something like that about a manager who commands an exceptional amount of respect. For him to not make any retraction, when Fabregas managed to do so, is an utter disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    That's a better post, though I think the quote from Wenger post-Villa is a compliment with a mild backhanded element to it. But obviously it depends if you take it personally being referred to as a long-ball team. Compared to Arsenal, every team is a long ball team, really.

Arsene Wenger did not say it was bad to be one... Obviously O'Neill's responsive tirade showed he took it a little bit personally, but as Arsene said... he was nothing but complimentary of how Villa used their personnel to effect such a style that worked for them, and that he had been gracious to the way they played.

O'Neill was the one with a disporportionate reaction, that much is certain.

With Ballack, he was likely fed a quote, but him wading in is ruthlessly unprofessional and naive for someone who should know football so much better. He should be aware that on any given day a team may play predictably, but watching the match, in the midfield... he certainly was found wanting more than most by the pace of our game. I guess he could predict that he'd be run past by Clichy and Diaby... but he could do little to stop it... Same as with the long balls up towards Drogba. We dealt in the second half... but planning for an inevitability and executing a plan to stop it are quite different.

I will once more draw the parallel with Cesc's famous post-match 'That's not Barcelona football' comment to Hughes. Much as I hate Hughes and think he is vile filth, it was for Arsene to comment on such things, not Cesc... but he was young and impetuous and said it as he walked off after losing an important cup quarter final.

Ballack is a thirty-something national captain whose team had just won, and then he walks out of the changing room to say something like that about a manager who commands an exceptional amount of respect. For him to not make any retraction, when Fabregas managed to do so, is an utter disgrace.
    Top post.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that Wenger said that ummm confused me was something like "Chelsea did not show a demonstration of football" or something. If you want to attempt at getting a result against your titles by playing Arshavin as a lone striker then that's your risk. I think people go overboard with Wenger generally.

Not sure why people say Drogba was the difference on the basis of had Drogba played for Arsenal, and Arshavin played for Chelsea, then the result would have been different. There was no chance that Drogba would have interested Wenger. He doesn't fit the mould and 'philosophy' of his team so it's irrelevent.

I errr expect more points to be dropped against Everton.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hopeful about tonight. With a bit of luck Villa can take some points from United.

ReputationRep:
    when was the last time we beat Everton

ReputationRep:
    Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Zhirkov :love:, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda.

Subs: Hilario, Ballack, Paulo Ferreira, Kalou, Sturridge, Matic, Bruma.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Look. You're currently winning games without playing well, and arguably, without deserving to win. But winning ugly can be very important in terms of winning the title race. If you keep doing what you've been doing, even of late, there's no need to panic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    When was the last time we lost to Everton?

Btw excellent to see Bruma back fit for our forthcoming reserve and youth cup games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Lazy analysis again. Too predictable? Chelsea were more predictable than Arsenal on Sunday.

Wow, well done - Ancelotti indicated we played like we did days before the game, because he knew how Arsenal would set up. Therefore your tactics was far more predictable to our camp. We set up a tactic that'd beat yours - and we knew it would. That's why we set up that way. Did Wenger genuinely believe when setting up his tactics that he could beat Chelsea after United and Arsenal thrashed you? Perhaps - which is actually worrying for you.

I like Jamie Redknapp and his analysis of games, often quite pro-Chelsea beacuse of SFL despite his Liverpool link. Less so Andry Gray, and Gullit's a legend (less so a good pundit).

Look forward to seeing Ash-Zhirkov-Malouda combine down the left tonight.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.