Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Just like the country and its people, bro. I'm not Indian, I'm not British, I'm not even English, I'm Greater Mancunian intit?! :yes:

Glad to see my punnage is appreciated. It often goes unnoticed here on TSR tbh.
    Rofl. Those somewhat crap puns are an every day occurence over here.

But, yeah. I'm somewhat pleased Ashley Cole is injured, tbh. Gives Zhirkov a good chance to show what he can do. There's a reason Hiddink recommended him, and I want to see it!

ReputationRep:
    What the ****? How can someone be pleased that Ashley Cole's injured who claims to be a Chelsea supporter? That's really, really low. Embarrased, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Rofl. Those somewhat crap puns are an every day occurence over here.

But, yeah. I'm somewhat pleased Ashley Cole is injured, tbh. Gives Zhirkov a good chance to show what he can do. There's a reason Hiddink recommended him, and I want to see it!
    But hasn't Cole been in rather sexy form for a good while now? It's a blow to be missing him. Just need an injury to Zhirkov and you'll be ever so slightly boned :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    What the ****? How can someone be pleased that Ashley Cole's injured who claims to be a Chelsea supporter? That's really, really low. Embarrased, actually.
    you could say it's Yawn-ers's roundabout way of saying he's keen to see what Zhirkov is all about.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

ReputationRep:
    Er, except he posted us a video clearly titled "the best left winger", showing his attacking qualities I presume.

It angers to me to find out any one in our team is injured, let alone one of our best players, let alone to find out another "fan" is happy about it. Zhirkov's played quite a bit this season, you've had enough opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    Phwoar. Overreaction much?

Ashley Cole is a sensational left-back. Once he's back from injury, he'll easily slip back into the team, and with his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back a week or two early from injury.

I have an irrational fondness for both Hiddink and Zhirkov. I also feel that the russian is being overlooked and not being given a constant run of games to show what it is he can do. I'm pleased that Ashley Cole will be out for a while, because it means a player who we've paid a large sum of money for can earn a place in the team. I'm hoping that he performs well until Ashley Cole recovers, and is then pushed up to Malouda's position.

It also sounds from:

Zhirkov's played quite a bit this season, you've had enough opportunities.
    That you've already given up on him as a bit of a flop, and are happy to keep him on the bench. That is one expensive bench-warmer. If it makes any difference, I find that slightly annoying. I damn well hope the Chelsea management don't think of him in the same light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    But hasn't Cole been in rather sexy form for a good while now? It's a blow to be missing him. Just need an injury to Zhirkov and you'll be ever so slightly boned :cool:
    I'm sure we'll miss him, but I'm hoping Zhirkov is good enough to take this chance. I've been watching him with particular interest whenever he plays, and he has some quality crosses in him, the sort that the goalkeeper can't get to and the strikers just need to tap in... I'm quite excited for him, tbh.

An injury to Zhirkov now would be painful indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Phwoar. Overreaction much?

Ashley Cole is a sensational left-back. Once he's back from injury, he'll easily slip back into the team, and with his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back a week or two early from injury.

I have an irrational fondness for both Hiddink and Zhirkov. I also feel that the russian is being overlooked and not being given a constant run of games to show what it is he can do. I'm pleased that Ashley Cole will be out for a while, because it means a player who we've paid a large sum of money for can earn a place in the team. I'm hoping that he performs well until Ashley Cole recovers, and is then pushed up to Malouda's position.
    No it isn't. Disgrace to say that when one of your players gets injured, it really is.

Okay, please state whether you'd have Zhirkov over Lampard or Ashley Cole? Which one? (If both were fit).

He's been given quite a few opportunities, and he's done decent, nothing special though and it'll be a huge test for him the next few months.

ReputationRep:
    An injury to Zhirkov now would be painful indeed!
    nah, Paulo "Banana Boots" Ferreira to the rescue :love:

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't. Disgrace to say that when one of your players gets injured, it really is.

Okay, please state whether you'd have Zhirkov over Lampard or Ashley Cole? Which one? (If both were fit).

He's been given quite a few opportunities, and he's done decent, nothing special though and it'll be a huge test for him the next few months.
    You may have misunderstood.

I'm pleased that Zhirkov is getting a good opportunity - because I don't think what he's been having can be classified as a 'good' opportunity, he's been a bit-part of the team - to prove what he can do, so that, if he performs well, he merits a place in the starting team.

I repeat, I am happy that he has the opportunity to prove what he can do, so he can be shifted up to midfield, where he'll replace Malouda in the line-up (even though the frenchman has been doing well).

And if everyone was fit, not just Ashley Cole, and Zhirkov performed consistently well over these three months, I'd have this team:

Cech
    Ivanovic - Terry - Carvalho - Ashley Cole
    Essien
    Lampard - Zhirkov
    Joe Cole
    Anelka - Drogba

I dislike the diamond formation though. I'd much rather have the 4-3-3 with:

Cech
    Ivanovic - Terry - Carvalho - Ashley Cole
    Ballack - Essien - Lampard
    Anelka - Drogba - Zhirkov

It all depends on how well Zhirkov does. And it's why I'm pleased. He can show what he can do, week in, week out. If, at the end of it, he's still mediocre, I'll be disappointed not only with him, but Hiddink too.

ReputationRep:
    I think he's played a very active role in the past two months, before that he was getting little injuries etc which kept him out. He's coming out of his shell more and more though, and getting more and more promising. It'll be a huge test for him this next three months, however if he comes through it with consistenty good performances, he'll give himself a very good platform to be considered for more midfield duties next season. However, I'd rather this not have happened in the way it has with Ash being injured.

I think we're best with a diamond, but ONLY if certain individiuals are fit, otherwise it's a 4-3-3 every time.

If we were in an FA Cup final at the end of the season for example with everyone fit, I'd like to see us go:

Cech, Iva/Boss, Carvalho, Terry, A.Cole, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Malouda/J.Cole, Anelka, Drogba.

Our best 4-3-3 formation line up is clearly Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda by some strech.

ReputationRep:
    Malouda :toofunny:

Must be the french for Mediocre.

Ashley Cole deserves to be injured. Chelsea don't have enough injuries, and if anyone in that side deserves to be knocked down a peg, it's him... and St. Terrance.

So go **** yourself Ashley ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Malouda :toofunny:

Must be the french for Mediocre.

Ashley Cole deserves to be injured. Chelsea don't have enough injuries, and if anyone in that side deserves to be knocked down a peg, it's him... and St. Terrance.

So go **** yourself Ashley ****.
    Name me a better left winger in the PL than him. Absolutely destroyed you last season at the Emirates, motm.

ReputationRep:
    Name me a better left winger in the PL than him. Absolutely destroyed you last season at the Emirates, motm.
    Arshavin...

(i'm not a Malouda fan either tbh :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin, yep, i'll give you that. Any others?

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin, comfortably. Hell, Zhirkov is probably better...

Ashley Young as well.

Filled to the brim with embarrassment yet?

edit:

you said 'a' winger.

Nonetheless, I gave you two shoe-in superior wingers... and have just remembered Modric is also better.

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin, comfortably. Hell, Zhirkov is probably better...

Ashley Young as well.

Filled to the brim with embarrassment yet?

edit:

you said 'a' winger.

Nonetheless, I gave you two shoe-in superior wingers... and have just remembered Modric is also better.
    Not comfortably, but Arshavin is the more attractive player so he's bound to get votes. Zhirkov isn't, no. Ashley Young, please, don't make me laugh. Modric isn't a left winger. And stop being pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    Not pedantic. You presented the assertion that Modric could not be bested... and he now has been, once... and debatably, a few times now.

Modric plays left wing more than he does anywhere else.

I also think Bellamy is better, certainly for form, even if it disgusts me to say so.

ReputationRep:
    Not comfortably, but Arshavin is the more attractive player so he's bound to get votes. Zhirkov isn't, no. Ashley Young, please, don't make me laugh. Modric isn't a left winger. And stop being pedantic.
    would it annoy you if I nominated Bellamy?

ReputationRep:
    Not pedantic. You presented the assertion that Modric could not be bested... and he now has been, once... and debatably, a few times now.

Modric plays left wing more than he does anywhere else.

I also think Bellamy is better, certainly for form, even if it disgusts me to say so.
    Modric's best position is AM - Spurs fans say he isn't half as good out on the left wing whenever he plays there, thus Malouda is a better left winger than him.

It disgusts you and rightly so, he isn't. This season, perhaps. Iso, yes, but at least it isn't as crazy as Ashley Young.

I think Malouda is vastly underrated on the basis that he isn't your typical amazing to watch winger with bags of skill, however he certainly makes up for that in other areas.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.