Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Not comfortably, but Arshavin is the more attractive player so he's bound to get votes. Zhirkov isn't, no. Ashley Young, please, don't make me laugh. Modric isn't a left winger. And stop being pedantic.
    I get the feeling that Malouda is at his peak now, and he still doesn't beat any of the wingers people have mentioned already. I do think he is just about on par with them.

Ashley Young and the as-yet unproven (for Chelsea anyhow) Zhirkov are the only iffy shouts.

( I reckon Zhirkov will prove to be a very effective winger though.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Modric's best position is AM - Spurs fans say he isn't half as good out on the left wing whenever he plays there, thus Malouda is a better left winger than him.

It disgusts you and rightly so, he isn't. This season, perhaps. Iso, yes, but at least it isn't as crazy as Ashley Young.

I think Malouda is vastly underrated on the basis that he isn't your typical amazing to watch winger with bags of skill, however he certainly makes up for that in other areas.
    What else does he have to his game?

His silly hair, no doubt, can be a little off-putting to rival defenders...

Competetive edge.

ReputationRep:
    Malouda is no way near as crap as he used to be. He's definitely developed his game and finally adapted to the Prem IMHO.

Gutted about A.Cole, but at least it gives an opportunity to Zhirkov to see what he can do (providing Ancelotti plays him at left back.)

If you look at our next 6 fixtures in the PL, without sounding arrogant, we should be disappointed if we drop any points providing we want to win the league this year. All the games are winnable leading up to the United match and we definitely need to be in good stead (i.e top) when we face them.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Ashley Cole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Arshavin, comfortably. Hell, Zhirkov is probably better...

Ashley Young as well.

Filled to the brim with embarrassment yet?

edit:

you said 'a' winger.

Nonetheless, I gave you two shoe-in superior wingers... and have just remembered Modric is also better.
    Arshavin is a winger is he?

ReputationRep:
    I saw a bunch of old Chelsea programmes in Oxfam, Reading so I bought them:

v Liverpool 12/2/55
    v Leeds 10/01/70
    v Middlesborough 22/3/75
    v Norwich 6/8/75
    v Oxford 27/8/75

all in good nick, what are they worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)

v Liverpool 12/2/55
    v Leeds 10/01/70
    v Middlesborough 22/3/75
    v Norwich 6/8/75
    v Oxford 27/8/75

Probably not much at all. If you have complete sets from seasons you can expect to make a fairly decent amount.

ReputationRep:
    Line up against Cardiff:

Hilario
    Ferreira Alex Carvalho Zhirkov
    Ballack Mikel Lampard
    J.Cole Drogba Sturridge

Bench: Turnbull, Bruma, Ivanovic, Malouda, Matic, Borini, Kalou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Line up against Cardiff:

Hilario
    Ferreira Alex Carvalho Zhirkov
    Ballack Mikel Lampard
    J.Cole Drogba Sturridge

Bench: Turnbull, Bruma, Ivanovic, Malouda, Matic, Borini, Kalou.
    I really hope to see Matic and/or Borini get some game time tomorrow, would love to see them play and it would be nice for them to have a game, Borini and Matic haven't played in a while :P.

ReputationRep:
    useless chelsea...absolutely useless.

ReputationRep:
    Difficult game, but a good win. 1-1 was fair at half time, introduction of Kalou though with his movement and pace baffled the Cardiff defence. Really good final 15-20 minutes.

Didier was superb, motm, didn't stop working hard all game. Sturridge still on course to score in every round of the FA Cup, he's half way there! Has anyone done it since Osgood?

ReputationRep:
    nobody has done it since osgood i believe, who would u guys like us to meet in the qf?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon we'll get either Pompey or the winners of Stoke vs Citeh.

Wouldn't mind a Pompey away actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)

v Liverpool 12/2/55
    v Leeds 10/01/70
    v Middlesborough 22/3/75
    v Norwich 6/8/75
    v Oxford 27/8/75

I doubt very much at all, worth keeping them just for reading sake. My grandad gave me a load of old West Ham ones, including the European Cup Winners Cup Final, and Chelsea away from the 60's!

ReputationRep:
    City/Stoke at home for the quarters. Not the best of ties, and you can tell how the media will be with the whole Bridge/Terry saga if we play City. Glad it's at SB though.

ReputationRep:
    We're playing City in a couple of weeks at home anyway. There's as much chance that it'll be stoke as it'll be Citeh IMO. Content with the draw, especially because it's at home. Should be a win.

ReputationRep:
    not the best draw we could get but i think we can win. The media has already started up the big build up stuff and it is even better that we are at home as they are saying 'it could be terry/bridge at the bridge'

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd be more worried about Stoke.

They would turn up, battle and trouble you from set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    I think either will be difficult. Stoke City would set up with ten behind the ball, and as you say trouble us with set pieces. Why every team doesn't set up with ten behind the ball here I will never know, it almost works every time for the away side. Happened a lot last season, not nearly as many times this season though.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez you just reminded me of that Stoke game at SB last year. Frank Lampard last minute. I'd rather not have to go through that again.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.