Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    A sign for the future?
    With moneybags MKII beating moneybags MKI.
    Does RA keep pumping money in Chelsea or go elsewhere since in the long run, MKII will outspend them and therefore become a better team than them!

:awesome:
    Gosh you sound like one of those American commentators with comments like the "battle of the billionaires" amongst others.

ReputationRep:
    Anelka has been very good this season from what I have seen - as an attacker, he does a lot of the support work which prob costs him goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    tbh i'd say Arsenal have a better squad than Man Utd. the only man utd player i would take into our starting line up would be rooney. whereas with arsenal, i'd gladly welcome fabregas (instead of ballack), arshavin (instead of deco) and RVP (instead of anelka, who's form has fluctuated this season).

Essien
    Fabregas-----------Lampard
    Arshavin
    Drogba--Van Persie

:coma:
    I think that would be a moderately terrifying team to play against.

Cech
    Sagna Terry Vidic Evra
    Essien
    Fabregas Gerrard
    Lampard
    Torres Drogba
    Bench: RVP, Rooney, Vermaelen, Ferdinand, Song, Carvalho, Gallas.

Top 4 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'd put Gerrard AM - gives him much more freedom, with Lamps LCM.

Love how you sneak a load of Arsenal players in on the bench as well LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I'd put Gerrard AM - gives him much more freedom, with Lamps LCM.

Love how you sneak a load of Arsenal players in on the bench as well LOL.
    I love it too tbf.

Forgot Theo, Rosicky, Nasri tbfwyt. Oh, and Eboue. Pure quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    without rooney you'd be ****ed.
    :rolleyes:

See our makeshift defence yesterday and how we still pooed all over West Ham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    January 2010
    10-31: Africa Cup of Nations finals, Angola

Sunday, 3 January 2010
    The FA Cup
    Chelsea v Watford, R3, 15:00
    Saturday, 9 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Hull v Chelsea, 12:45
    Saturday, 16 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Sunderland, 15:00
    Wednesday, 27 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Birmingham, 19:45
    Saturday, 30 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Burnley v Chelsea, 17:30

Think we'll manage..
    Be careful of the mighty Burnley, away from home. They have a very good record at home and Chelsea could crumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Be careful of the mighty Burnley, away from home. They have a very good record at home and Chelsea could crumble.
    We've already seen the micro-crumble yesterday, with Ashley Cole losing it.

Maybe if they lose again, JT will shed a tear.

ReputationRep:
    Considering the only team to beat us this season needed 7 minutes of additional time or whatever it was, I don't think a loss really counts as a crumble. Clutching at straws springs to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Considering the only team to beat us this season needed 7 minutes of additional time or whatever it was, I don't think a loss really counts as a crumble. Clutching at straws springs to mind.
    We were clearly the better side in that game, 4-3 to United utterly flattered you. And according to some press articles, the correct amount of time was played. No, you're absolutely right, one loss doesn't really count as a crumble but 7 draws in succession certainly does. That was a fine old crumble you had there. Was it tasty?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    We were clearly the better side in that game, 4-3 to United utterly flattered you. And according to some press articles, the correct amount of time was played. No, you're absolutely right, one loss doesn't really count as a crumble but 7 draws in succession certainly does. That was a fine old crumble you had there. Was it tasty?
    Yeah but the way we came back 3 times shows we're not easy to kill off, plus we have come a long way defensively since then. All 4 of your goals were defensive errors (2 of ours were too) that I doubt we'd make now. I hope you play your full team in the semis because I'd love to see how far we have actually come.

I was defending Chelsea, they haven't crumbled losing at COMS. I think we've only lost once in 2009 here and that was against Fulham which was sandwiched between two of the biggest games in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Yeah but the way we came back 3 times shows we're not easy to kill off, plus we have come a long way defensively since then. All 4 of your goals were defensive errors (2 of ours were too) that I doubt we'd make now. I hope you play your full team in the semis because I'd love to see how far we have actually come.

I was defending Chelsea, they haven't crumbled losing at COMS. I think we've only lost once in 2009 here and that was against Fulham which was sandwiched between two of the biggest games in years.
    Not lost many but drawing games equates to a significant number of points missed out on. I'm sure you'll acknowledge this yourself, that your current unbeaten run is hardly something to brag about.

I think both sides will field strongish sides in the Carling Cup legs, pity about our defensive problems in way of injury. Fergus will want to get one over the 'noisy neighbour', irrespective of it being the Carling Cup, we won't want to be getting knocked out by this new-look Man City side. Just getting Carling Cup silverware could do wonders for City's confidence, getting something to put in the trophy cabinet and instill a belief and motivation for more success to follow.

Watching MOTD last night, couldn't help but agree with Hansen and his comments on Cech. He is a weak player for Chelsea now, a 'weakest link', and his goalkeeping for the Tevez goal was utterly dire. Still, it seems Ancellotti is sticking by him even though he's been making these regular mistakes for the past 2-3 seasons. Bet they wish they'd gone in for Given tbh.

ReputationRep:
    White - your wrong. Cech's a world class keeper, undoubtedly. However, if there's one area he's never been the best in is crosses. That doesn't mean he isn't "good" at them - because he is, but just not to the level of other aspects of his game. Concentration, shot stopping and the like.

A weak link - certainly not, and he's still very much apart of a very strong spine here at Chelsea. Regular mistakes is absolute ********.

ReputationRep:
    I also do not believe Cech has lost anything of the ability that made people see him as a top, world class keeper. It's media rubbish.

He still isn't the best in the world, but as long as Buffon and Casillas are doing the business, I basically can't bring myself to say anyone else is.

Out of interest, then, who is the weakest link at Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)

A weak link - certainly not, and he's still very much apart of a very strong spine here at Chelsea. Regular mistakes is absolute ********.
    I can understand the regular mistakes remark, tbh, especially when you think about his first 2/3 seasons at Chelsea. He was masterful then, and made very few, if any, mistakes.

Does he have to wear the mask/helmet?

ReputationRep:
    Cech is not a world class keeper. He used to be but he isn't anymore. He has been making regular mistakes in the Premiership this season. Stoke, Wigan, Aston Villa, and yesterday at Man City are some matches that spring to mind. Since that Reading incident he hasn't been the same. He is by far the weakest link in the Chelsea team.

And a lot of Chelsea fans would agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I'm torn on whether you can class yesterday as a Cech mistake. Turning sharply after a deflection isn't easy. I done my achilles doing that too quickly so I don't really blame Cech for that.

Regardless of mistakes he's still class. Not in the Cesar, Buffon or Casillas bracket anymore, but who is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I also do not believe Cech has lost anything of the ability that made people see him as a top, world class keeper. It's media rubbish.

He still isn't the best in the world, but as long as Buffon and Casillas are doing the business, I basically can't bring myself to say anyone else is.

Out of interest, then, who is the weakest link at Chelsea?
    probably Deco. and also possibly Joe Cole. both have had flashes of brilliance, but on the whole they've performed poorly this season imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

Regardless of mistakes he's still class. Not in the Cesar, Buffon or Casillas bracket anymore, but who is?
    surprised you haven't said Given :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.