Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    no offense but the FA cup has been Arsenal's most realistic target for the past few years. to say that you weren't interested in winning it is just silly. by the way Stoke were playing (and the Arsenal defense) i don't think it would have mattered what team you had out there anyway...
    Using our reserves just goes to show how much the FA Cup really does mean to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Hull is not hard, nor Blackburn or Wigan, Birmingham have a greater potential to get a result against us, especially considering what happened last time we went there, but even their form seems to be dropping of late so we should get a result there. If you want to include those games there are certainly more than can be added to yours and Utd's list. This also doesn't account for your remaining FA cup games and Utd's CC final.
    It is, they've found a new bit of form recently. We struggled there, as did Manchester City. If you think you're getting 12 points against Wigan, Blackburn, Hull and Birmingham away then you're very wrong. 7-8 maximum.

Wow, we have 1-3 more FA Cup games than you do in the next couple of months. That's going to make a huge difference...

ReputationRep:
    They'll win the cup, don't think they'll win the league.

ReputationRep:
    It stopped being funny years ago, if it ever was.

Seriously cringe inducing.

Would you call them Chavski in real life?

ReputationRep:
    They will imo win the cup. Not sure about the League though, very open. I don't mind if Chelsea or Arsenal win the League, as long as United don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Wasn't meant funny but seeing as how talk of Roman's millions had come into the thread I felt it was somewhat fitting, and no, I don't refer to them like that normally. Either way I still don't see why you felt the need to comment.
    Why shouldn't I?

How can you take someone's point seriosuly if they are using playground names?

ReputationRep:
    Okay,

It's unlikely but possible that Arsenal will win the league. If so, Diaby will be the driving force behind it because he's boss.

I'd back Chelsea as they are the best side. They'll probably win one of the away fixtures at Anfield and Old Trafford and the other games you mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    It stopped being funny years ago, if it ever was.

Seriously cringe inducing.

Would you call them Chavski in real life?
    I don't mind it but do wonder the belief of people who insist on using it and the logic behind it. I believe there may be an element of classism involved. If I labelled every black guy as a rapist I'd get hounded. What's the difference between these two? Both are using stereotypes founded on methodologically challenged knowledge to justify the stereotpyes portrayed.

This place is in danger of being 606 for university kids at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I don't mind it but do wonder the belief of people who insist on using it and the logic behind it. I believe there may be an element of classism involved. If I labelled every black guy as a rapist I'd get hounded. What's the difference between these two? Both are using stereotypes founded on methodologically challenged knowledge to justify the stereotpyes portrayed.

This place is in danger of being 606 for university kids at times.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I know!

Went all the way to fricking hammersmith on the picadily line, only to be texted that it was at cobham... got back home and found out it wasn't, and it was the wolves one the other week at cobham ffs. A waste of two hours.

Apparently we were the better team, Arsenal just too physical for our boys especially Emmanuel-Thomas. I find it really interesting that although the current Arsenal team is really fancy in their football, with short passes and the like, the next generation are far from that, and if anything are the exact opposite.

Robbie, the 'cheap cocktail' hit the wood work twice.

ReputationRep:
    It was at Brentford, I was 3/4 way to travelling there before being wrongly told it was at Cobham. If only there wasn't any reception at hammersmith on the tube...

eurgh.

ReputationRep:
    By the way we're in the youth cup semi finals vs either Blackburn or Everton. Second leg is at home, and with any luck it'll be at the Bridge.

4-0 against Watford tonight - Kaby, Mitrovic, Bruma and McEachran on the scoresheet. Really impressive stuff, and it's been no easy ride (in terms of opposition) to the semi finals.

ReputationRep:
    A UFO was spotted over Stamford Bridge a few years ago. May be the greys have seen the X-Files and mistook Dan Petrtescu for Mulder?

The truth is out there! :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Seven out injured tomorrow.

Think we'll see a line up of: Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Zhirkov, Mikel, Malouda, Ballack, J.Cole, Anelka, Drogba.

Quite a few kids on the bench too. Likely to be Hilario, Bruma, Ferreira, Kakuta, Matic, Sturridge, Kalou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Seven out injured tomorrow.

Think we'll see a line up of: Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Zhirkov, Mikel, Malouda, Ballack, J.Cole, Anelka, Drogba.

Quite a few kids on the bench too. Likely to be Hilario, Bruma, Ferreira, Kakuta, Matic, Sturridge, Kalou.
    Kid? Isn't he like 30?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say the whole of the bench were 'kids', did I? Just quite a few - 4/7.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about the rumour about Joe Cole maybe going to Man Utd if he can't agree a new contract?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly he won't go, although if he's asking for $$$,$$$ then we may have to let him go (I reckon it's probably more to do with the length of the contract though).

I dunno, he'd want to go somewhere where'd he would be considered a starter (he isn't really here anymore). Not quite sure that'd be United.

ReputationRep:
    How do you *********** feel ahead of the Inter game huh? Hope youre feeling lucky..

ReputationRep:
    Confident we'll get a draw.

Remember playing them pre-season, they were worse than AC.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.