Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I meant a replacement within a couple of years (when Drogba loses a few yards of pace). No doubt he'll be milked until he's dead, though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We'll buy some for lots of moneyz LOL.

Buy another title!

Why are Sunderland so **** in London?!

Wouldn't mind David Villa personally.

ReputationRep:
    Didier Drogba started slightly later, with any luck he'll finish slightly later. He boasts a wealth of natural fitness, and his pace isn't ESSENTIAL to all his play. I'll bet we bring in a new 20m+ striker within the next two summers as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    We don't need an immediate replacement. Best players have come and gone in the past and we'll continue to perform regardless.
    Malouda (29), Drogba (31), Anelka (30)

Future replacements?

Kalou (24), Sturridge (20), J.Cole (28)

looks alright. wouldn't mind buying someone like Dzeko though as imo he is an ideal Drogba replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Zhirkov would be Malouda's future replacement.

I'd be hopeful one of Sturridge/Borini/Di Santo will start for us in a few years, and we'll probably bring in another attacker.

ReputationRep:
    Carlo reckons Zhirkov, Lampard, Alex and Riccy will be fit for Inter.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent game from Corky, shame about the result. Lost the ball a few times, but that's expected on your starting debut in the PL. Good and neat passer of the ball and was involved in both their goals. Composed yet very keen to get involved, and a very good tackler too. The signs are promising from his game against Fulham and today.

ReputationRep:
    Cech has an assist to his name. :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Cech has an assist to his name. :nutcase:
    What's worrying though is that he has the same number of assists in the PL as Deco now!

(the same as Torres though, is that wum worthy material to take into the LFC thread?)

ReputationRep:
    ok i've made up my mind now. we'll beat Inter over both legs. I will take all WUMs without retaliation if i'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    What's worrying though is that he has the same number of assists in the PL as Deco now!
    Well, Cech was MOTM for me as he was directly responsible for both goals. Quick thinking from the goalkeeper usually goes amiss and it's something I've wanted Cech to do for a while. Reina has done it and they both show it can work.

So does WHW still think Cech has lost it?

ReputationRep:
    Miroslav Stoch has been offered a new long term contract by the way, he's been excellent over in Holland this season. Would like to see him come back next season for at least six months - impact sub/start carling cup games sorta thing. Similar role to Danny Sturridge this season.

ReputationRep:
    Well, let's hope he, along with Cork, keep up with their development. I never get 'excited' by youngsters' prospects because a lot of players just never come through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    ok i've made up my mind now. we'll beat Inter over both legs. I will take all WUMs without retaliation if i'm wrong
    What makes you so confident? No Cole, Bosingwa or Essien playing an Inter team vastly improved on last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Ivanovic for Bosingwa and Zhirkov for Cole aren't exactly bad replacements tbf, but granted Essien is a loss. Best of luck to you but tbh I can only see Chelsea beating you, could be a very good tie though.
    Ivanovic and Zhirkov are no Maicon and Zanetti. Man for man we hold our own and anyone who has even a casual appreciation of our results in 2010 will see our team spirit is immense.

The only reason I do not think we are favourites is because Chelsea have better past experiences in Europe whilst Inter have at times looked frail. It is a very, very close tie.

ReputationRep:
    Julio Cesar involved in a car accident. He skipped training today, apparantly he has bruising on his face. Toldo is on standby.

Santon still training separately with the other injured players (Chivu and Materazzi), i doubt he will play. Most likely Zanetti will play at LB.

Stankovic and Milito are also doubts.

ReputationRep:
    Inter have a quality team. This'll be a dodgy match!

Wish Essien was fit. Ah wellll.

ReputationRep:
    -----------Cesar/Toldo
    Maicon--Lucio--Samuel--Zanetti
    ---------Cambiasso
    ----=Motta-----Stankovic
    ----------Sneijder
    ----Milito--------Eto'o

Although that is massively speculative. He could play more defensive midfielders instead of the ball playing duo of Motta and Stankovic to allow Maicon and Zanetti to roam forward to pile pressure on your fullbacks.
    Also he might play just two midfielders and then 3 strikers ahead of Sneijder with one of Pandev or Balotelli playing (as against Dynamo Kiev), in order to seize the initiative and again pile pressure on your fullbacks.

I think the element of surprise will mean Ancelotti will play it safe tactically and with his selection.

ReputationRep:
    Draw away from home and a win at Stamford Bridge, Inter certainly don't scare me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Inter have a quality team. This'll be a dodgy match!

Wish Essien was fit. Ah wellll.
    Could be fit for the second leg. Most imporant thing is that Lamps is back for this one though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.