Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, either way it's a very good acheivement.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't really get tested tonight when he came on, although his kicking looked Ben Fosteresque

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    He didn't really get tested tonight when he came on, although his kicking looked Ben Fosteresque
    Yep - yet all the morning papers will be praising the genius of Jose Mourinho with his hasty subs that did nothing for the game, and his team that didn't challenge Hilario once in thirty minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Yep - yet all the morning papers will be praising the genius of Jose Mourinho with his hasty subs that did nothing for the game, and his team that didn't challenge Hilario once in thirty minutes.
    I think in the end they helped defensively as the other forwards were tiring. Muntari just snuffed Lampard out for the last 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    I think in the end they helped defensively as the other forwards were tiring. Muntari just snuffed Lampard out for the last 15.
    Wasn't that hard though was it. Lamps was clearly v.tired, and probably should have declared himself unfit prior though. Knowing his character though that wouldn't have happened in a million years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    If it does turn out Hilario has to play in three weeks, Inter just have to get an away goal. What an opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't that hard though was it. Lamps was clearly v.tired, and probably should have declared himself unfit prior though. Knowing his character though that wouldn't have happened in a million years.
    Either way though it was a safe bet, and it only takes a second with Lampard on the D.

ReputationRep:
    Think it was the way the game panned out. Inter having taken the lead early on didn't help their attacking fray, as most Italian teams do they focused on defending their lead. Once Chelsea equalized, they started attacking more and got the goal, after which they went back to their defensive mindset.

Expect something similar at the Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Er... I think you'll find that's the plan of nearly every team mate. LOL. I even set up my FM teams like that.

ReputationRep:
    Er... I think you'll find that's the plan of nearly every team mate. LOL. I even set up my FM teams like that.
    Not really, Italian teams do it the most including the National side. Team like Barca/Real/Man United would go out for more goals and not completly switch to defense. Especially at home.

ReputationRep:
    LOL you scored at 54 and bought on an attacking player for a defensive minded midfielder four minutes later. You sure you know what you're on about?

ReputationRep:
    LOL you scored at 54 and bought on an attacking player for a defensive minded midfielder four minutes later. You sure you know what you're on about?
    That was to try and expose Maluda's side with Balotelli and Maicon, but you could clearly see Inter where happy with 2-1.

ReputationRep:
    It was an attacking decision, no doubt about that. Making a sub that shows you want to expose our defenders more is an attacking sub. Could you? Why bring on two further attacking options then?

ReputationRep:
    That's not the point. If Inter would take 2-1 at that point they would have. Did you see them driving forward with desire to get that 3rd goal, or did you see them wanting to protect the advantage they had.

ReputationRep:
    You certainly saw the managers intentions. You wanted to get a third until the 80-85th minute.

ReputationRep:
    The priority was to not conceed another.

ReputationRep:
    Evidently. You took of a defensive midfielder for an attacker.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as Balotelli moved onto the right, Kalou had to be a lot more defensive and Chelsea wasn't nearly as threatening down the left-side. So in that regard bringing on an attacker helped defensively also.

ReputationRep:
    Then again, did Inter even care what Kalou did? The amount of freedom they gave him all night was unreal. They had plans for every other single player except Kalou. I don't blame Jose either! Still, it was a good goal from him and he deserves much credit for it. Everything else he did was **** though. :P

ReputationRep:
    I think it was also to protect the back 4 by putting Etoo on the wing, because he tracks back like he did at Barca. But he was taken off and Muntari came on to man mark Lampard and Pandev for fresh legs with Stankovic off.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.