Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can't-be-assed-though.

ReputationRep:
    the dive on the supposed penalty. It was a penalty but it was the most ridiculous dive ever. Red card for both players tbh.

ReputationRep:
    You've got yourself confused. Sort it out and post again in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    the dive on the supposed penalty. It was a penalty but it was the most ridiculous dive ever. Red card for both players tbh.
    As far as i'm concerned, if you need to dive, it's not a penalty. If you can stay on your feet, but you chose to hit the ground (which equates to diving) then it's simply not a penalty. Was an obvious dive which completely negates the spot kick imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Who gives a crap if Inter sat back and were defensive? Its about winning?
    It is up to the other team to take the initiative and punish them. Not understanding the wummage by Arsenal fans here. Although they are more likely to come through the tie than Chelsea, they also lost 2-1 away, but to a far inferior side, which is a tad embarrasing no? Chelsea lose 2-1 to the best of Italy, the third best league in Europe; Arsenal lose 2-1 to the third best team in Portugal, the tenth best league in Europe.

I think Chelsea will go out but can the wummage please come from people who can be judged to take the ground. It's like Jews complaining to a Muslim about terrorism ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    As far as i'm concerned, if you need to dive, it's not a penalty. If you can stay on your feet, but you chose to hit the ground (which equates to diving) then it's simply not a penalty. Was an obvious dive which completely negates the spot kick imo.
    So if someone takes a swipe at a players legs (looked like a stamp at half time from the side on angle), last man in the box and consequently the player falls over it isn't a penalty? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    So if someone takes a swipe at a players legs (looked like a stamp at half time from the side on angle), last man in the box and consequently the player falls over it isn't a penalty? lol
    Read again, i said if the player hits the ground out of choice, or dives to make it look more obvious. Clearly i don't mean if a player goes down in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    As soon as Balotelli moved onto the right, Kalou had to be a lot more defensive and Chelsea wasn't nearly as threatening down the left-side. So in that regard bringing on an attacker helped defensively also.
    Mourinho wanted to hit us on the counter attack with those three and their movement, attacking sub, however the tactic almost meant they'd have three midfielders instructed to have a defensive mentality. However, the fact they didn't have a shot on a goal afterwards, shows how the subs didn't effect the game from Mourinho's attacking point of view.

ReputationRep:
    I swear Inter only had about 2 shots on goal as it was. They were a lot more clinical than us, but I still see it as a decent result for us.

Regarding individual performances, I thought Mikel was our best player and Malouda, Carvalho and Ivanovic had some ok moments as well. The rest of the team were pretty **** tbh compared to normal.

The only player that I thought had a good game for Inter was Lucio, and even then it's hard to take him seriously with the amount of theatrics that he tries to pull off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    I swear Inter only had about 2 shots on goal as it was. They were a lot more clinical than us, but I still see it as a decent result for us.

Regarding individual performances, I thought Mikel was our best player and Malouda, Carvalho and Ivanovic had some ok moments as well. The rest of the team were pretty **** tbh compared to normal.

The only player that I thought had a good game for Inter was Lucio, and even then it's hard to take him seriously with the amount of theatrics that he tries to pull off.
    Until the bit about Lucio you were doing so well. He boid out half your team. Motm for sure.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...977404,00.html

Cech is out for 3-4 weeks. few... Will miss about 5-6 games.

ReputationRep:
    Petr Cech is only out for about a month, which is much better than I think we all expected.

EDIT: Cfc beat me to it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lolz.

* Citeh
    * Stoke City
    * West Ham
    * Inter
    * Blackburn
    * Pompey

The fixture list could have been far harder than that in the six games he'll miss.

ReputationRep:
    True. Anyone know when Essien is due back?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully for the home leg against Inter. If not, it won't be soon after. Bosingwa should also be back for the Inter match if needed, possibly West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    fixtrue list could be harder for the games he will miss, i never feel as confident with hillario in goal but i think by the return leg he will have played 3 games in a row and he has proved me wrong in the past so hopefully we will be ok, on a side note the stoke game is in the f.a cup so cech would probably not have played in that one anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, last start in the league he kept a clean sheet at SB against Liverpool. Same again Henrique!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he'll be out longer than a month. I think 3-4 weeks is extremely optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. We're not going to win the CL this season so might as well bounce out of the last 16 and try to retain the FA Cup. Think the league is gone because of Cech's injury tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Give Hilario a chance! He's a very good keeper!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.