Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has the ticketing website been absolutely ****** for everybody else for ages as well?!?! It keeps displaying wrong prices, changings its mind about whether a game is on sale or not.. blah

ReputationRep:
    I would agree that Cech isn't at his prime as he was pre-head injury seasons, as much as his form has dropped in the last 2 seasons, he's still a great keeper, There's Hilario and Ross Turnbull waiting behind Cech. Hmmm Ancelotti may rest Cech and play Hilario for the game against Apoel.

ReputationRep:
    Given >>>>>>>>>> Cech

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I would agree that Cech isn't at his prime as he was pre-head injury seasons, as much as his form has dropped in the last 2 seasons, he's still a great keeper, There's Hilario and Ross Turnbull waiting behind Cech. Hmmm Ancelotti may rest Cech and play Hilario for the game against Apoel.
    I'd rather see Turnbull being there as he's the young one - and needs some experience. Also did anyone see how dodgy Hilario was against Blackburn?

Although then again, I can see Ancelotti sticking out a strong team and telling them to make up for Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    I'd rather see Turnbull being there as he's the young one - and needs some experience. Also did anyone see how dodgy Hilario was against Blackburn?

Although then again, I can see Ancelotti sticking out a strong team and telling them to make up for Saturday.
    Yeah, haven't seen Turnbull play at all, Hilario's okay imo, not great and Hilario has had a stint as Chelsea keeper for a while when Cudicini and Cech were out. Maybe it's time for Turnbull to play but thats Ancelotti's decision :P. I missed the Blackburn game . How dodgy was he at that game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)

Turnbull has been absolutely awful for the reserves bar one game. No.

ReputationRep:
    ancelotti says kakuta may be starting in the game tonight. should be interesting.

5 youth players in the squad for this game: kakuta, bruma, borini, ahamed, philliskirk.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the line up:

Turnbull
    Belletti Carvalho Terry Zhirkov
    Mikel
    Essien.............Malouda
    Kakuta
    J.Cole..Drogba

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Lampard, Anelka, Bruma, Borini, Philliskirk.

very, very interesting. would have preferred ferreira at RB and hilario in goal. hope to see borini and co come on later! good to see zhirkov and kakuta starting too

ReputationRep:
    The pace in that team... I'm jizzin'. I wonder if Kakuta has a killer pass in him, or if he's just sheer pace and skill. Can see us scoring a few with that line-up, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    joe cole is rubbish :sigh:

what was mikel doing :sigh:

why has lampard turned invisible all of a sudden :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    more importantly, i hope Essien's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    more importantly, i hope Essien's ok
    I hope he isn't.

As for that lineup being pacey. It isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Joey Cole was our best player out there. The only one putting an ounce of effort in it seemed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Joey Cole was our best player out there. The only one putting an ounce of effort in it seemed.
    lots of effort, yet yielding nothing effective.

ReputationRep:
    lots of effort, yet yielding nothing effective.
    The others were not effective nor did they put in any effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    The others were not effective nor did they put in any effort.
    i take it you didn't see the match...

ReputationRep:
    i take it you didn't see the match...
    My view was great thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Kakuta showed flashes of brilliance tonight, he looks a good prospect. Zhirkov looked good at LB, too.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the line up:

Turnbull
    Belletti Carvalho Terry Zhirkov
    Mikel
    Essien.............Malouda
    Kakuta
    J.Cole..Drogba

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Lampard, Anelka, Bruma, Borini, Philliskirk.

very, very interesting. would have preferred ferreira at RB and hilario in goal. hope to see borini and co come on later! good to see zhirkov and kakuta starting too
    Would have liked to see Ferreira at Left Back, he didn't do too bad in the Blackburn game and he did score his 2nd ever goal for Chelsea so XD. lol I had to say it didn't I, Turnbull's playing. Team's got loads of pace and seems like Terry's recovered and Essien

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Would have liked to see Ferreira at Left Back, he didn't do too bad in the Blackburn game and he did score his 2nd ever goal for Chelsea so XD. lol I had to say it didn't I, Turnbull's playing. Team's got loads of pace and seems like Terry's recovered and Essien
    You do realise the game was played last night, right?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.