Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the goals, Terry had another mare. Needs some time off tbh, his head isn't where it should be. Mancini subbing Bridge was a blatant wum, and I applaud him.:cool: And surely you need a better spare keeper than Hilarious :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched it all yet, but it seems like JT had Tevez in his back pocket in the first half (bar the last minute)

Hilario's just filling a two year gap to make way for some of our younger goalkeepers being ready for the step up. The summer he leaves in 18 months time, we've got Matej Delac coming in, who is supposedly an amazing talent - 17/18 and a regular for his team in the Croatian league and has been selected for Croatia's international squad from time to time. We've also got the promising young goalkeeping talents of Sam Walker, Jan Sebek and Rhys Taylor to nurture, hopefully into good back up goalkeepers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Here's my WUM for today.

League title slipping out of Chelsea's hands...literally :awesome:
    Shouldn't that go in the Citeh thread?

Bridge clearly has a couple of issues regarding the meaning of a pre-match handshake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Just seen the goals, Terry had another mare. Needs some time off tbh, his head isn't where it should be. Mancini subbing Bridge was a blatant wum, and I applaud him. And surely you need a better spare keeper than Hilarious
    In fairness, you can't have a too good second choice goalkeeper because they will be expecting first team action, so will go elsewhere. We were lucky enough to have had Cudicini being committed to us for as long as he was when he was clearly second choice. Never understood why Angelo Peruzzi was picked ahead of him for Italy. Probably because they preferred Italians to play in Serie A to be picked for the Italian national team. Fat oaf.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I'd rather have Hilario than Cudicini as a second choice keeper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    In fairness, you can't have a too good second choice goalkeeper because they will be expecting first team action, so will go elsewhere. We were lucky enough to have had Cudicini being committed to us for as long as he was when he was clearly second choice. Never understood why Angelo Peruzzi was picked ahead of him for Italy. Probably because they preferred Italians to play in Serie A to be picked for the Italian national team. Fat oaf.
    Or because with Toldo and Buffon they didn't really think too much about who the third choice keeper is :p: It's not like England where the 3rd choice is about as good as the first choice.

Although I do agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)

Bridge clearly has a couple of issues regarding the meaning of a pre-match handshake.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    hi guys
    :beer: :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    :beer: :dancing2:
    i said hello to chelsea, not bleedin west ham :hmmm:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I'd rather have Hilario than Cudicini as a second choice keeper.
    WHY THE ****

ReputationRep:
    Tell me what Cudicini's doing now?

Just a guess - he's nursing an injury he got from riding a motorbike in London. In other words, unavailable. At least Hilario is responsible and professional enough NOT to do that.

ReputationRep:

You shakes hands as a sign of respect right? I don't think Bridge has much respect for Terry, therefore a handshake would be merely lying. I'd like to know why Bridge was booed at that game.. or were the fans just retarded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    You shakes hands as a sign of respect right? I don't think Bridge has much respect for Terry, therefore a handshake would be merely lying. I'd like to know why Bridge was booed at that game.. or were the fans just retarded?
    No, it's not a sign of respect for the other player, it signifies fair play and sportsmanship on the field. Nothing else.

The England decision and the not shaking hands decision will have changed quite a lot of opinions on him. From a fan favourite to a hated figure unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    The England decision and the not shaking hands decision will have changed quite a lot of opinions on him. From a fan favourite to a hated figure unfortunately.
    yeah but i'm sorry but if it was me I really wouldn't feel like shaking his hand, I think Bridge signified fair play but not knocking him out cold, the fact his quit England has shown that this isn't nothing to him a good on him to be so passionate. I just can't understand how any sane Chelsea fan could have booed him yesterday and I respect those who applauded him off the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Someone mentioned it perfectly on a West Ham forum, say if a someone played well over the years for West Ham, was liked by the fans, and then left on good terms with the club/fans. If it then comes out that Upson slept with the ex-players kids mother etc. then why the **** would we start to boo the ex? Of course some people would start up a few 'Upon ****** your girlfriend' style chants but generally if the player was a liked one it makes no sense at all. Shallow *****.

ReputationRep:
    This is the modern football game, almost every ex-player gets booed! I've heard your lot shout swear words, boo etc at Joey Cole before.

ReputationRep:
    Bit late but.....

Theres only one tevez :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Err great.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see the match but I think Wayne Bridge not shaking hands is a bad move on his part. The handshakes to show that you're capable of keeping it on the pitch, so to say, and him refusing to shake hands says to me that he's not capable of that.

TBH, I think that this whole story's been blown well out of proportion. Who the hell cares what John Terry, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney, etc. does off the pitch. As long as they keep it professional on the pitch and keep playing as they should I see no problem why they should be dropped/sacked. What other job would you be sacked/demoted for having an extra marital affair?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.