Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    no, several of your players were absolutely dreadful, not just Hilario, you little crumbler.

'PIG' > Hilario > Petra Cech
    Why does anyone bother with people like you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Why does anyone bother with people like you?
    Because (thank god) they eventually come to their own senses and appreciate that I am a poster of great wisdom and that they can learn from people like me. If I have to regularly spell it out to you how average Cech is, so be it. It's in the knowledge that it'll eventually sink in to you and that you'll start agreeing with me. Makes my role on TSR a fruitful and influential one.

ReputationRep:
    Cech isn't as solid as he used to be, but he's still arguably the best goalkeeper in the league.

Unless you can name a better one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Because (thank god) they eventually come to their own senses and appreciate that I am a poster of great wisdom and that they can learn from people like me. If I have to regularly spell it out to you how average Cech is, so be it. It's in the knowledge that it'll eventually sink in to you and that you'll start agreeing with me. Makes my role on TSR a fruitful and influential one.
    Right, when we *used* to hold the best defensive record in the PL every one pointed to our defence, not Cech. We're then without Cech against Citeh and look what happens...

He is as solid as he used to be, it's an absolute myth that he isn't and one that i'm not going to debate with you lot, because you clearly don't watch him enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Cech isn't as solid as he used to be, but he's still arguably the best goalkeeper in the league.

Unless you can name a better one.
    just the one? :rolleyes: Come on, you can do better than that.

Given, Reina, Van Der Sar, Friedel, Hart. Cech has made a fair few clangers this season but of course, he's still dining out on past glories/excellent form so a fair number of people still somehow see him as the best GK. Denial at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Right, when we *used* to hold the best defensive record in the PL every one pointed to our defence, not Cech. We're then without Cech against Citeh and look what happens...

He is as solid as he used to be, it's an absolute myth that he isn't and one that i'm not going to debate with you lot, because you clearly don't watch him enough.
    He clearly isn't as solid as he used to be. You're just wumming me now and tbh, it's pissing me off, so we'll have to agree to disagree. You're unrelenting in your denial, son.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, Reina is the only 'keeper in the league you can really compare to Cech. I'd say Cech edges it, but not by a great distance. The likes of Given, van der Sar, Friedel and Hart are all good, but they're not worldclass like Reina and Cech are.

As far as goalkeepers better than Cech go, Casillas, Buffon and Julio Cesar immediately spring to mind, but they're not exactly without their flaws. I'd also rate Sebastien Frey up there, from the little I've seen of him, and probably say that Cech is around the 5th best goalie in the world right now.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, Ashley Cole? Plus i think even you'll admit that Terry has not been a world class defender in recent weeks. Not saying Hilario wasn't bad, but i don't even think he was the worst of your problems.

"We've got Di Caniooooooo, you've got Hilariooooooo"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Oh come on, Ashley Cole? Plus i think even you'll admit that Terry has not been a world class defender in recent weeks. Not saying Hilario wasn't bad, but i don't even think he was the worst of your problems.

"We've got Di Caniooooooo, you've got Hilariooooooo"
    Terry has been pretty good recently...

Hilario was at fault for the Tevez goal, and partly for the Bellamy goal.

Anyway, thought you were staying out of this thread for a couple more weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Terry has been pretty good recently...

Hilario was at fault for the Tevez goal, and partly for the Bellamy goal.

Anyway, thought you were staying out of this thread for a couple more weeks?
    The games i've watched since this all came out he's looked pretty suspect. Not that i was watching him for the whole game like i'm sure some of you did, but has definitely made more errors.

I tried, too much temptation i'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    The games i've watched since this all came out he's looked pretty suspect. Not that i was watching him for the whole game like i'm sure some of you did, but has definitely made more errors.

I tried, too much temptation i'm afraid!
    What games are these? :o:

That's okay, you're allowed to admire the best team in london all you wish xo

ReputationRep:
    What games are these? :o:

That's okay, you're allowed to admire the best team in london all you wish xo
    I remember watching Inter away, Everton, and City. Seems to be like he's trying to make a point and in doing so misses a few important challenges and gets stood out in the open way too much.

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching Inter away, Everton, and City. Seems to be like he's trying to make a point and in doing so misses a few important challenges and gets stood out in the open way too much.
    Everton had a shocker. Inter wasn't at his best, but wasn't a disaster, Citeh he played quite well on an individual basis. Although it was collectively (midfield included, tactics included, other plays around him, along with him) a disaster in the second half.

Not thet best three games of his career, agreed, but he's hardly been shocking.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and just to let you know, we're obviously not going to you expecting a result. Just wanting a good day out which we'll have, so save the remarks when you stuff us? :top:

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Reina is currently the best goalkeeper in the league right now.

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa to miss the rest of the season and the World Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/8551307.stm

ReputationRep:
    Frustrated with the Bosingwa news, Essien's out for a couple more weeks than expected though meaning he'll almost definitely miss Inter. Eurgh, I hate how all our injuries come at once.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea how long Zhirkov's out would like him back playing Left back than Malouda >_>. Can Hilario actually do the job for us at the Bridge against Inter?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Anyone have any idea how long Zhirkov's out would like him back playing Left back than Malouda >_>. Can Hilario actually do the job for us at the Bridge against Inter?..
    Can't be too long. What's really annoying is that he used to play every single game injury free at CSKA... now he's here he's struggling physically it seems. I reckon we'll see Ferreira at left back tomorrow, with Malouda further up the field. Plus we've got Van Aanholt back who might be on the bench, who's actually a natural left back.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.