Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Come On Chelsea (l)

ReputationRep:
    awesome stuff by Lampard and Terry. Anelka played well, but should have put some of those chances away, scoreline should have 4-0. Alex was brilliant, should start over Carvalho imo. Surprisingly, Kalou played well too (:eek:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    But don't let that detract from Terry demonstrating once more why all proper human beings should loathe and detest him until he expires.
    that really was a criminal header wasn't it. as you would say, a lolworthy display of prison football

ReputationRep:
    Terry's header was sublime - I wouldn't count it as an own goal as from the replays I've seen it looks like it bounces off the keepers hand. He had a solid game - as did Alex. Delap's long throws were next to useless with Alex and Terry in the centre.

Lampard's strike was fantastic. Bit lucky with the deflection but still absolutely stunning. Watching the Semi's draw now.

But don't let that detract from Terry demonstrating once more why all proper human beings should loathe and detest him until he expires.
    Yes, because he's done so much wrong? I really don't get what this comment is about.
    If it's because of the affair, I don't see why you should hate Terry any more than Rooney, Ashley Cole.
    Anyway, beyond just the usual "he's a bad role model" comment, any reason for this comment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Lampard's strike was fantastic. Bit lucky with the deflection but still absolutely stunning.
    Really? It wasn't just a punt as hard as he could towards the general direction of the goal that had no chance of going in until the deflection?

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa v Chelsea. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    i'd rather have a hard semi-final and an easier final tbh.

(i don't even know what i mean by that :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    Really? It wasn't just a punt as hard as he could towards the general direction of the goal that had no chance of going in until the deflection?
    To me, it looked like it could have gone to the post or just a touch wide. The deflection helped it go in, but nevertheless, a stormer of a goal.

ReputationRep:
    Think that's the worst draw for you guys.

ReputationRep:
    To me, it looked like it could have gone to the post or just a touch wide. The deflection helped it go in, but nevertheless, a stormer of a goal.
    I'm genuinely struggling to see what makes it "absolutely stunning" and a "stormer". It was set up on a plate for him, no pressure from any players, a fantastic position and he belts it straight at Anelka. It wasn't the most bobbled goal he's ever scored but still, you are going way over the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    I'm genuinely struggling to see what makes it "absolutely stunning" and a "stormer". It was set up on a plate for him, no pressure from any players, a fantastic position and he belts it straight at Anelka. It wasn't the most bobbled goal he's ever scored but still, you are going way over the top.
    It's the fact that he was able to blast it through the crowd in the 6 yard box. The box was packed with about 7/8 players and it only just deflected on one person after it got past everyone in the box. It's very rare you see a goal like that these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justwanttobefriends)
    Come On Chelsea (l)
    Sorry dear, you aren't on MSN anymore.

And for the upstart bemoaning my comment toward Terrance... perhaps it is not simply what he did, but his entire remorseless response to the situation, which has left people baffled and disgusted by him.

The fact that he now seems to have lapsed into a comfort zone and is feeling untouchable once again, takes the disdain to a whole new level.

ReputationRep:

And for the upstart bemoaning my comment toward Terrance... perhaps it is not simply what he did, but his entire remorseless response to the situation, which has left people baffled and disgusted by him.

The fact that he now seems to have lapsed into a comfort zone and is feeling untouchable once again, takes the disdain to a whole new level.
    Ever think he's trying to avoid making any comments to the press. Seeing as they will probably just take what he says out of context and make him out to be an absolute ******.

The fact that last week he went to shake Wayne Bridge's hand tells me that he wants to get past this and he at least tried to make amends (even if it is just a handshake). And the fact that Bridge completely fobbed him off shows a certain lack of sportsmanship. Even if he doesn't forgive him for sleeping with his ex-girlfriend, the handshake at the start should at the very least tell the other person that you're willing to play fairly - it's a sign of sportsmanship.

ReputationRep:
    Ever think he's trying to avoid making any comments to the press. Seeing as they will probably just take what he says out of context and make him out to be an absolute ******.

The fact that last week he went to shake Wayne Bridge's hand tells me that he wants to get past this and he at least tried to make amends (even if it is just a handshake). And the fact that Bridge completely fobbed him off shows a certain lack of sportsmanship. Even if he doesn't forgive him for sleeping with his ex-girlfriend, the handshake at the start should at the very least tell the other person that you're willing to play fairly - it's a sign of sportsmanship.
    When you offer someone your hand to shake, it is most commonly a sign of mutual respect, and can even be suggested as an olive branch or an attempt to make amends.

In what way does what Terry has done to Bridge, and not only affecting him, should allow him to offer his hand as if they are at the same level again... both proper, normal people who would shake hands to show sportsmanship.

Prior to that, Terry should have been making a significant effort off the field to reconcile the situation, in private if he wanted to... but apparently his only call to Bridge was one wanting to kill the situation off and no apology was made. These are Wayne Bridge's words of course, but with Terry's history of thinking only of himself, and his money... you can start to paint a picture of how that phonecall might have gone.

If Terry did the decent thing, had called a press conference and made a simple public apology to Bridge, his own wife and the children involved... how could this really have been spun?

I think 'I'm sorry' is the least he could've said. But he seems more concerned with a misplaced sense of pride, clearly, than amending for what is truly a despicable act.

ReputationRep:
    Bore on RobbieC. You're actually very, very boring. Take your **** elsewhere.

ReputationRep:

What u mean on msn? wtf??

ReputationRep:
    Robbie, the Arsenal thread need you to defend Rosicknote for being world class.

ReputationRep:
    When you offer someone your hand to shake, it is most commonly a sign of mutual respect, and can even be suggested as an olive branch or an attempt to make amends.

In what way does what Terry has done to Bridge, and not only affecting him, should allow him to offer his hand as if they are at the same level again... both proper, normal people who would shake hands to show sportsmanship.

Prior to that, Terry should have been making a significant effort off the field to reconcile the situation, in private if he wanted to... but apparently his only call to Bridge was one wanting to kill the situation off and no apology was made. These are Wayne Bridge's words of course, but with Terry's history of thinking only of himself, and his money... you can start to paint a picture of how that phonecall might have gone.

If Terry did the decent thing, had called a press conference and made a simple public apology to Bridge, his own wife and the children involved... how could this really have been spun?

I think 'I'm sorry' is the least he could've said. But he seems more concerned with a misplaced sense of pride, clearly, than amending for what is truly a despicable act.
    How do you know he hasn't tried to apologise in private?

And apparently is the key word there. All you have to go by is what the papers say. And since the main papers covering the story are the Sun, the Mirror and the Star, do you really think that they have reliable sources? These are tabloids that make stories up when they can't find a real one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Bore on RobbieC. You're actually very, very boring. Take your **** elsewhere.
    Come on, you know better than that :yes:

Just as I know you'll scarcely try and engage sensible comments where you cannot reason your way around them.

ReputationRep:

IMO, it would have been a sign of weakness and of being a total pussy, had Bridge shaken Mr Chelsea's outstretched hand. Bridge was the man and he, along with his Citeh colleagues, merked the **** out of Chelsfail that day. Quite a sight to behold really.

If it was me (if I was Bridge), this fair play and sportsmanship stuff would have sucked my penis that day. There's no way I'd have shaken Terry's hand. Besides, Terry must be getting quite some hand ache just from engaging in all these charitable and thoroughly commendable dealings wrt showing businessmen et al around the ground. His hand surely merits a rest from all the hand-shaking??!!!! He's so misunderstood is Terry, he's only being charitable. Maybe Veronica wasn't getting enough at home and he thought he'd be charitable and start banging her? He's actually rather altruistic and selfless.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.