Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was at the game today - really really frustrating / disappointing despite the result.

Drogba was not up for the game at all despite one or two good pieces of play, Kalou was verging on useless at times - he doesn't seem to be able to make runs effectively, instead just runs straight ahead of the player in the ball nearly getting in his way. Mikel did a decent job as did Ferraira at left back - Anelka looked skillful as always without anything actually paying off for him really...

Tell you what though, the defence was shocking in parts - and Hilario is ridiculous...

I may even concede we won't win the league or CL at this rate, especially given our remaining fixtures in the Premiership, best chance is the FA Cup again I guess and even that'll be difficult to overcome a very good Villa side.

ReputationRep:
    When was our defence shocking? Solid throughout. Bran was very good at right back, stuck tight to his man and showed Delap how to do a proper throw in the second half. Most of the time we cleared the ball before the first man was able to get a flick on too, which then causes all the trouble, so by and large we dealt with Stoke's only form of attack quite well. It was our collective unit as a defence that won us the game today. Hilario looked dodgy with the Stoke throw ins, but what keeper isn't, and made a couple very good saves, particularly one at the end when the otherwise excellent Alex was caught on his heels for a moment too long.

Performances haven't been very good recently, but I don't particularly care. It's all about results and we DO have another one of those today.

BTW love our Ancelotti song! To the tune of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2HANwsUWg La Bamba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    When was our defence shocking? Solid throughout. Bran was very good at right back, stuck tight to his man and showed Delap how to do a proper throw in the second half. Most of the time we cleared the ball before the first man was able to get a flick on too, which then causes all the trouble, so by and large we dealt with Stoke's only form of attack quite well. It was our collective unit as a defence that won us the game today. Hilario looked dodgy with the Stoke throw ins, but what keeper isn't, and made a couple very good saves, particularly one at the end when the otherwise excellent Alex was caught on his heels for a moment too long.

Performances haven't been very good recently, but I don't particularly care. It's all about results and we DO have another one of those today.

BTW love our Ancelotti song! To the tune of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2HANwsUWg La Bamba
    What are the lyrics? As I seriously hope it isn't another copy of a Liverpool chant :facepalm2: (La Bamba being used in about 3 different songs during the 04/05 season, with various lyrics)

ReputationRep:
    good result and another semi final for us, am a bit disappointed that sturridge can't continue is run of scoreing in every round of the cup.

ReputationRep:
    Ribery is going to decide which team he plays for in 2-3 weeks time:

'I'm not 100 per cent going to Real,' he said. 'Barcelona and Chelsea are also very interested. We will see. It will be decided in two to three weeks.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Ribery is going to decide which team he plays for in 2-3 weeks time:

'I'm not 100 per cent going to Real,' he said. 'Barcelona and Chelsea are also very interested. We will see. It will be decided in two to three weeks.'
    lol I read bout that during IT class :P, (Yes, I was bored of drawing flowcharts for coursework :P). If Ribery does come to Chelsea, that would mean, we won't be bidding for Aguero? and if Ribery were to come to Chelsea, would he be fighting for a place with Malouda?

ReputationRep:
    I want David Villa. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Going to download the Stoke game in full to see how un(comfortable) the game was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    lol I read bout that during IT class :P, (Yes, I was bored of drawing flowcharts for coursework :P). If Ribery does come to Chelsea, that would mean, we won't be bidding for Aguero? and if Ribery were to come to Chelsea, would he be fighting for a place with Malouda?
    I'd say Ribery would be fighting more with Anelka and Joey Cole than Malouda. I'd really love him here though, providing the price isn't obscene. Quality player and a grafter too. In the next two summers if we got him, Fellaini and Aguero I'd be a very happy man.

ReputationRep:
    Think we're the only club who've got to the FA Cup semi's with the youth, women and men this season. Aren't we great?!

ReputationRep:
    We don't have one whatsoever, I just really rate him and think he's precisely what we need.

ReputationRep:
    No...

ReputationRep:
    i would take him if he didn't have such ridiculous hair...

ReputationRep:
    I did see a few Fellaini to Chelsea links before he got injured. Use do really need to start thinking long term with regards to the midfield as the majority of your midfield doesn't really have long left/isn't good enough.

And :rofl: at Ribery competing with any player if he joins Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Ribery is a fantastic player, I'd love to see him sign for Chelsea. It'd be a massive loss for Bayern Munchen if he goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Well they have another one of your ex-players who has been excellent for them when he's played.
    Ribery and Robbens first game together when they had like 20 minutes on the pitch and absolutely annihilated the opposition :coma: that was sex on the pitch if ever I have seen it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we need to properly replace Robben and Duff tbh. How I loved watching Robben down that left with Duffer cutting in from the right. That was immense.

ReputationRep:
    Robben

why did he have to be so injury prone..

ReputationRep:
    I have a funny feeling about the Inter match, like I said before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I have a funny feeling about the Inter match, like I said before.
    The last time you said this, was for the Stoke game, and we won 2-0 XD.

and Ribery would be an awesome signing.

I actually like Felaili's hair

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.