Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yup, good news especially for the CL. Ferreira was solid at left back vs Stoke though.

ReputationRep:
    tell you what, Turnbull has already won me over Hilario.

ReputationRep:
    3 points is 3 points, lads. That's all I'll say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Was listening to the game on the radio, he sounded pretty good, will watch highlights soon and comment on that.

(Original post by cfc1992)
    Yup, good news especially for the CL. Ferreira was solid at left back vs Stoke though.
    Yeah its great, as much as I like Ferreria, too bad we can't have him back for CL, but atleast he's there for EPL and with Yury back, we have a decent chance of getting through .

ReputationRep:
    Why? He didn't have anything to do for most of the game. Looked as if his initial positioning was poor for Parker's goal, although i'll have to see it again. Made his only good save of the match with like five minutes left. Otherwise I'd expect what he done from any professional goalkeeper.

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti says Turnbull will start on Tuesday as well, at least he's had 90 minutes today I suppose.

Florent Malouda was aaamazing today, one of his best performances in a Chelsea shirt, if not his best. If Green is number one in South Africa then oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Jeez... Alex has one hell of a jump on him
    He's the tank.

ROFL at the Arsenal supporters proverbly sucking Bendtner's **** when they were wanting him out last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    He's the tank.

ROFL at the Arsenal supporters proverbly sucking Bendtner's **** when they were wanting him out last season.
    He has always been a good 3rd/4th striker. And with 15 goals last season, not many non-plastic fans were complaining. After Ade leaving, he's become increasingly important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    He has always been a good 3rd/4th striker. And with 15 goals last season, not many non-plastic fans were complaining. After Ade leaving, he's become increasingly important.
    I agree. I've rated him to an extent and never understood why he got so much abuse. I know you can criticise a player but I thought he was being done over in this regard too much. But it's not just TSR, just in general. Got friends supporting Arsenal who gave him so much stick I was wondering if he shot their families or something. Players who are 3rd/4th choice are only going to be so good because if they were that good, they will demand first team action elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    4-1, and you ****** it up! Hahaha.

Great day out, **** result. Zola's tactics were horrible, and the team selection even worse. You're welcome to him now!

ReputationRep:
    By the way you must be the worst counter attacking side in the PL. Offside every single time.

ReputationRep:
    one man team - Scott Parker.

ReputationRep:
    one man team - Scott Parker.
    He deserves a call up for England as much, if not more than Green and Upson. Just unlucky he's probably competeing with Carrick for a spot.

ReputationRep:
    He deserves a call up for England as much, if not more than Green and Upson. Just unlucky he's probably competeing with Carrick for a spot.
    Find it crazy that he doesn't even get a mention. Capello was there today though i think so hopefully he keeps performing well infront of him.

And Upsons ****, to think we were worried about a top 4 team taking him away from us!

5-4 to the cockney boys!

ReputationRep:
    Been saying this for months. I wanted to keep him at Chelsea. He'd have done a job I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Been saying this for months. I wanted to keep him at Chelsea. He'd have done a job I reckon.
    Let's be honest though, he wasn't really good enough for us. Such a small amount of games in two years does provide evidence he wasn't up to our standard. "done a job" - fine, the same as Sidwell, but he wouldn't have done anything great.

Interestingly enough, guardian chalkboard stats say he only did 2 tackles all game... (and 6 interceptions).

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest though, he wasn't really good enough for us. Such a small amount of games in two years does provide evidence he wasn't up to our standard. "done a job" - fine, the same as Sidwell, but he wouldn't have done anything great.

Interestingly enough, guardian chalkboard stats say he only did 2 tackles all game... (and 6 interceptions).
    We've had far worse individually talented midfielers and, in comparison, I felt Parker treated a bit harshly. I mean, we've had Wright-Philips who doesn't know how to dribble (kicking the ball and running after it is not dribbling) and runs into opponents to get a free kick, Maniche (okay, he was on loan for a few games), Jarosik, Tiago, Smertin, Sidwell.

May be people would think of him more highly if he was called Parjoninho...

ReputationRep:
    Tiago was a much better player for us than Parker... SWP's performances in his last season in the 'rcm' spot were better than anything Parker produced for us too. He wasn't a very good player for us, squaddie at best, he's moved on to a club more at his level and doing very well for them - good for him.

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to Inter now. Only a couple of days away.

ReputationRep:
    any important Inter players unavailable for tuesday? or are they full strength?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.