Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    **** knows, but if we can match Catania's result we're through...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Really looking forward to Inter now. Only a couple of days away.
    Honest question cfc, with regards to the plastic flags etc for big games, do any Chelsea supporters get embarassed by them or is there genuine enthusiasm?
    Do you think they help to create an atmosphere, albeit a plastic one :p: and would you like to eventually (as a club) build up a reputation such as Liverpools, with regards to creating individual banners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Predictions plz.
    2-0 to the Blues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Honest question cfc, with regards to the plastic flags etc for big games, do any Chelsea supporters get embarassed by them or is there genuine enthusiasm?
    Do you think they help to create an atmosphere, albeit a plastic one :p: and would you like to eventually (as a club) build up a reputation such as Liverpools, with regards to creating individual banners.
    I don't mind them, it's a trend that's been followed on a couple times now by other English clubs too. I don't think there's either embarasment or enthusiasm, they're there, you might as well wave it and I think it adds to the atmosphere.

We've got quite a few (20-25+) individual banners around the ground, along with 2-3 (1 particularly massive) banners that run through the supporters at the start too.

I'd like to see more of a visual atmosphere with mosacis and what have you, but nothings better than a good old sing song!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind them, it's a trend that's been followed on a couple times now by other English clubs too. I don't think there's either embarasment or enthusiasm, they're there, you might as well wave it and I think it adds to the atmosphere.

We've got quite a few (20-25+) individual banners around the ground, along with 2-3 (1 particularly massive) banners that run through the supporters at the start too.

I'd like to see more of a visual atmosphere with mosacis and what have you, but nothings better than a good old sing song!
    :yep: I've noticed City using them and both City and Newcastle with the scarves (not sure if use have done it as well).
    I agree that whilst they are there they may as well be used, and I think that (despite all the jokes) they are a good way of getting supporters used to creating a visual atmosphere that perhaps aren't used to it for various reasons. It might even inspire them to create their own flags etc which would be exactly what the club is probably aiming for.

I can't say I've ever noticed the banners at the Bridge before but I shall keep an eye out now that I at least know there are some. Are there any particulary famous (even within Chelsea circles) ones?

I do agree with you that an atmosphere created through sound is much more powerful, but it is that much feckin harder to get anyone to sing these days :mad:

Did you manage to go to either of the games at Anfield that both Terry and Lampard said scared them?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen those huge flags being waved to show off to sky sports at the Bridge a load of times, and i at least gave the fans credit for waving them even if they were given them by Chelsea. But na, i found out today that they have stewards stood in the space between fans and the pitch waving the huge flags for them. Embarrassing! :toofunny:

sing song!
    You can only wish! :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    I've seen those huge flags being waved to show off to sky sports at the Bridge a load of times, and i at least gave the fans credit for waving them even if they were given them by Chelsea. But na, i found out today that they have stewards stood in the space between fans and the pitch waving the huge flags for them. Embarrassing! :toofunny:
    You can only wish! :toofunny:
    Hi, was wondering what the atmosphere is like at Upton Park on the big European nights?

ReputationRep:
    :yep: I've noticed City using them and both City and Newcastle with the scarves (not sure if use have done it as well).
    I agree that whilst they are there they may as well be used, and I think that (despite all the jokes) they are a good way of getting supporters used to creating a visual atmosphere that perhaps aren't used to it for various reasons. It might even inspire them to create their own flags etc which would be exactly what the club is probably aiming for.

I can't say I've ever noticed the banners at the Bridge before but I shall keep an eye out now that I at least know there are some. Are there any particulary famous (even within Chelsea circles) ones?

I do agree with you that an atmosphere created through sound is much more powerful, but it is that much feckin harder to get anyone to sing these days :mad:

Did you manage to go to either of the games at Anfield that both Terry and Lampard said scared them?
    Arsenal have done it too. We vary using it with scarves and flags, I think the latter are more popular though.

I can't say I'm too clued up on them, most of them have been hung up in recent seasons though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, was wondering what the atmosphere is like at Upton Park on the big European nights?
    I have literally no idea how that has anything to do with what i said.

And i can guarantee that when we do have a Champions League night, it'll be somewhat better than ******* plastic flags and stewards waving them for the fans! :toofunny: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed City using them and both City and Newcastle with the scarves (not sure if use have done it as well).

I do agree with you that an atmosphere created through sound is much more powerful, but it is that much feckin harder to get anyone to sing these days

It is embarrassing but it would be nice if the stewards didn't use overkill policing. Didn't the banner about debt being the road to ruin by Wolves against Utd got taken down?

You can't point the finger exactly. Didn't your lot chant terrorist jibes to Mido when he was playing for Tottenham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Predictions plz.
    Chelsea to go out.

ReputationRep:
    I have literally no idea how that has anything to do with what i said.

And i can guarantee that when we do have a Champions League night, it'll be somewhat better than ******* plastic flags and stewards waving them for the fans! :toofunny: :toofunny:
    More likely it'll be the ten supporters to the left of the away fans generating the only atmosphere, with a forever blowing bubbles coming once a half from the opposite stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Chelsea to go out.
    ahh well im thinking otherwise, we have Zhirkov back in the squad and Ancelloti did mention that Beletti could solve the left back problem too, so I think our defence is covered, Alex has been playing really well as a cover up for Riccy Carvalho. Malouda's in the form of his life, Drogba is magnificent atm, Lamps is also playing some good football. Only worry is Mikel, he's doing a decent job, would like to see him step up a bit, and Anelka has been a bit on and off, but more "ons" than offs but hopefully he'll have his confidence back for tuesday.

Line up predictions?

Turnbull
    Ivanovich
    Terry
    Alex
    Zhirkov
    Lampard
    Mikel
    Ballack / Beletti maybe?
    Anelka
    Malouda
    Drogba

ReputationRep:
    Ballack will start. Riccy will start too, Ancelotti's been saving him for this game. I'm not 100% sure over Anelka, he hasn't been at his best in recent weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel is not a worry, he's been playing so well and his long balls are really good. I think Alex should start ahead of Carvalho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Mikel is not a worry, he's been playing so well and his long balls are really good. I think Alex should start ahead of Carvalho...
    I do too, but as I say Ancelotti's been saving Riccy for this one. Reckon him and Alex will get 50/50 game time for the rest of this season, with Riccy getting the 'big' matches - eg against United, Liverpool, Spurs, Champions League.

Some of the stuff Mikel did on the ball yesterday was simply outstanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    any important Inter players unavailable for tuesday? or are they full strength?
    Santon and Motta both returning from injuries, but i think one of them will start.

Reports also say Sneijder has a fever.

I'd expect the the following lineup:

Milito Eto'o
    Sneijder
    Stankovic Cambiasso ???
    ??? Samuel Lucio Maicon
    Julio Cesar

RCM - could be one from Zanetti/Motta/Mariga/Muntari
    LB - could be one from Zanetti/Cordoba/Santon

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...994679,00.html

Turnbull in, obviously we all know that and also that Riccy's involement is more than likely tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    The sound better be ******* working tonight.

ReputationRep:
    "Life goes on," he shrugged, musing on his departure. "I keep winning important things … They win … something."

Mourinho in his press conference :rofl2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.