The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I voted for 'While Shepherds Watched' because that's my favourite one that's on there. I actually despise the version that is most usually sung- it's so boring! However, I love the three or four different versions that we sing with my Christmas carol singing group. Some of them have exciting choruses and some just have better tunes. It's the 4x4 of Christmas carols.

My absolute favourite Christmas song, however, is Shepherds Arise :biggrin:
Reply 81
Ooooh how can I decide?!!
I really like Once in Royal David's City, We 3 Kings is groovy (and in a minor key I think :eek: ), I hate to say it PQ but I loved Away in a Manger when I was ickle (used to sing it in July constantly) so I've retained a soft spot for that.
Reply 82
Ok so let's see:
O come all ye faithful is probably my favourite - it's a gorgeous descant - the 1st 1 i learnt - and it always gets sung on xmas morning so u no u'll get to hear it @ least once

In the bleak midwinter is lovely but nicest when sung jus by choir / solo

Once in royal is fun but probs jus cos i get to sing solos :smile: But also i jus like it!! Hehe i like all carols....

And hark the herald is just fun!!
I LOVE Christmas Carols! Awww.....they are all so lovely!
Reply 84
My absolute favourite, O Holy Night. I listened to Kelly Clarkson sing that one over and over again yesterday.
Reply 85
My favorite up there is Away in a manger, but my real favorite is O holy night.
I like "Jingle Bell Rock"....

Who's seen "Mean Girls". The way they show "Jungle Bell Rock" in that is so funny :biggrin:
Reply 87
O I just love them all. Can't pick one
awwww man * recites the times when he was in infant school singing these *

Christmas is definitely the best time of year. :smile:
Ding Dong Merily On High! It's just so cheerful! :biggrin:

I also love Gaudete... not sure how that's spelt. It's amusing to sing it very high with friends when a little tipsy :biggrin:
bestdeceptions
Ding Dong Merily On High! It's just so cheerful! :biggrin:

I also love Gaudete... not sure how that's spelt. It's amusing to sing it very high with friends when a little tipsy :biggrin:

lol... *cannot hit those high notes!*
Never heard of gaudete... :confused:
Reply 92
Gaudete Dominus!
It's not so much of a carol as an anthem that's sung a lot @ xmas - but it's pretty cool tho :smile:
Bekaboo
Gaudete Dominus!
It's not so much of a carol as an anthem that's sung a lot @ xmas - but it's pretty cool tho :smile:

... still never heard of it.
Reply 94
You're unlikely to have unless you're a regular church- goer / you go to MM - it's hardly crib service material
Bekaboo
You're unlikely to have unless you're a regular church- goer / you go to MM - it's hardly crib service material

Oh, okay
Reply 96
all i want for xmas is you! so cute! always gets me in a christmassy mood! :biggrin:
Reply 97
The Advent hymn/carol 'O come, O come Emmanuel' is great too.
I love all of those carols! :biggrin:
Reply 99
we sung silent night in latin once... it was our latin just-before-christmas-fun-lesson.

Latest

Trending

Trending