Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Carols watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I voted for 'While Shepherds Watched' because that's my favourite one that's on there. I actually despise the version that is most usually sung- it's so boring! However, I love the three or four different versions that we sing with my Christmas carol singing group. Some of them have exciting choruses and some just have better tunes. It's the 4x4 of Christmas carols.

My absolute favourite Christmas song, however, is Shepherds Arise

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh how can I decide?!!
    I really like Once in Royal David's City, We 3 Kings is groovy (and in a minor key I think :eek: ), I hate to say it PQ but I loved Away in a Manger when I was ickle (used to sing it in July constantly) so I've retained a soft spot for that.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so let's see:
    O come all ye faithful is probably my favourite - it's a gorgeous descant - the 1st 1 i learnt - and it always gets sung on xmas morning so u no u'll get to hear it @ least once

In the bleak midwinter is lovely but nicest when sung jus by choir / solo

Once in royal is fun but probs jus cos i get to sing solos But also i jus like it!! Hehe i like all carols....

And hark the herald is just fun!!

I LOVE Christmas Carols! Awww.....they are all so lovely!

ReputationRep:
    My absolute favourite, O Holy Night. I listened to Kelly Clarkson sing that one over and over again yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    My favorite up there is Away in a manger, but my real favorite is O holy night.

ReputationRep:
    I like "Jingle Bell Rock"....

Who's seen "Mean Girls". The way they show "Jungle Bell Rock" in that is so funny

ReputationRep:
    O I just love them all. Can't pick one

awwww man * recites the times when he was in infant school singing these *

Christmas is definitely the best time of year.

ReputationRep:
    Ding Dong Merily On High! It's just so cheerful!

I also love Gaudete... not sure how that's spelt. It's amusing to sing it very high with friends when a little tipsy

(Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Ding Dong Merily On High! It's just so cheerful!

I also love Gaudete... not sure how that's spelt. It's amusing to sing it very high with friends when a little tipsy
    lol... *cannot hit those high notes!*

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of gaudete... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Gaudete Dominus!
    It's not so much of a carol as an anthem that's sung a lot @ xmas - but it's pretty cool tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Gaudete Dominus!
    It's not so much of a carol as an anthem that's sung a lot @ xmas - but it's pretty cool tho
    ... still never heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    You're unlikely to have unless you're a regular church- goer / you go to MM - it's hardly crib service material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    You're unlikely to have unless you're a regular church- goer / you go to MM - it's hardly crib service material
    Oh, okay

ReputationRep:
    all i want for xmas is you! so cute! always gets me in a christmassy mood!

ReputationRep:
    The Advent hymn/carol 'O come, O come Emmanuel' is great too.

ReputationRep:
    I love all of those carols!

ReputationRep:
    we sung silent night in latin once... it was our latin just-before-christmas-fun-lesson.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.