Favourite Carols Watch

This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
O little town of Bethlehem, just because I love the harmony

I'm so tempted to go out and busk in four part harmony this year; no-one ever does it any more and it's fun! Just gotta find the other three parts though

Ooh and epiphany carol to die for: the Three Kings by Peter Cornelius. Mmmmm...
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where is "God rest ye merry gentlemen"?
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
all to christian for me
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I like "the first noel" (or nowell, however you prefer to spell it)
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
all to christian for me
Well, seeing they're Christmas carols, that's hardly surprising...
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
O little town of Bethlehem, just because I love the harmony

I'm so tempted to go out and busk in four part harmony this year; no-one ever does it any more and it's fun! Just gotta find the other three parts though

Ooh and epiphany carol to die for: the Three Kings by Peter Cornelius. Mmmmm...
I'll do alto! The harmony for O Little Town is so much ingrained in me now that I actually start singing it automatically without realising I'm not singing the tune!

I've got to go for O Come, All Ye Faithful though, purely for the "Sing, Choirs of Angels" descant. Every year in school the alto section (those of us who could) would sing the descants just for Christmas, and I loved it! Destroyed my voice, but hitting that top A in Hark the Herald Angels, as I was leading the choir out of chapel, was a magical moment. Sing, Choirs of Angels though, just sums up the Christmas feeling for me, it's not Christmas if I don't sing that at least once, even if it is slightly inappropriately

I like Three Kings as well (the Cornelius one, not We Three Kings) especially if there's a good soloist *swoon.* And In the Bleak Midwinter, all lovely. Ooooh, I feel all musicky and Christmassy now!
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alto parts? Hehe that's In The Bleak Midwinter for me
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I'll do alto! The harmony for O Little Town is so much ingrained in me now that I actually start singing it automatically without realising I'm not singing the tune!
I know what you mean! If we sing O Come All Ye Faithful then i automatically go to descant in Sing choirs of angels - i have to really concentrate to sing the tune
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (51)
26.56%
No (141)
73.44%

Watched Threads