Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    O little town of Bethlehem, just because I love the harmony

I'm so tempted to go out and busk in four part harmony this year; no-one ever does it any more and it's fun! Just gotta find the other three parts though

Ooh and epiphany carol to die for: the Three Kings by Peter Cornelius. Mmmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Where is "God rest ye merry gentlemen"?

ReputationRep:
    all to christian for me

ReputationRep:
    I like "the first noel" (or nowell, however you prefer to spell it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    all to christian for me
    Well, seeing they're Christmas carols, that's hardly surprising...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    O little town of Bethlehem, just because I love the harmony

I'm so tempted to go out and busk in four part harmony this year; no-one ever does it any more and it's fun! Just gotta find the other three parts though

Ooh and epiphany carol to die for: the Three Kings by Peter Cornelius. Mmmmm...
    I'll do alto! The harmony for O Little Town is so much ingrained in me now that I actually start singing it automatically without realising I'm not singing the tune!

I've got to go for O Come, All Ye Faithful though, purely for the "Sing, Choirs of Angels" descant. Every year in school the alto section (those of us who could) would sing the descants just for Christmas, and I loved it! Destroyed my voice, but hitting that top A in Hark the Herald Angels, as I was leading the choir out of chapel, was a magical moment. Sing, Choirs of Angels though, just sums up the Christmas feeling for me, it's not Christmas if I don't sing that at least once, even if it is slightly inappropriately

I like Three Kings as well (the Cornelius one, not We Three Kings) especially if there's a good soloist *swoon.* And In the Bleak Midwinter, all lovely. Ooooh, I feel all musicky and Christmassy now!

ReputationRep:
    Alto parts? Hehe that's In The Bleak Midwinter for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'll do alto! The harmony for O Little Town is so much ingrained in me now that I actually start singing it automatically without realising I'm not singing the tune!
    I know what you mean! If we sing O Come All Ye Faithful then i automatically go to descant in Sing choirs of angels - i have to really concentrate to sing the tune

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.