The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

C274
I agree with the fact that people should be made more aware of this. I thought they were anyway but maybe that was just my school actually doing something well for a change. I didn't apply in 5th year because I hadn't made up my mind what I wanted to do, and even if I did I'd have felt too young. I know that's a **** argument but I can't really explain it. Hopefully other people will get what I mean by that.

FWIW I don't understand how "public school" means "private school" :s-smilie:

Yeah, that's pretty much why I decided to stay. :smile:

I think its meant to be because the schools are owned by member(s) of the public, rather than the government, but of course only some people use it this way, so it's terribly confusing :frown:
Reply 41
Blu3j4yw4y
Yeah, that's pretty much why I decided to stay. :smile:

I think its meant to be because the schools are owned by member(s) of the public, rather than the government, but of course only some people use it this way, so it's terribly confusing :frown:

See I see it as public schools don't have like entry tests so any member of the public who's the right age can get in, whereas private schools are for the elite private rich peeps.

I am also opposed to the idea of private schools, but then I am biased and my opinion counts for nothing. So I don't wanna start an argument or nowt. Just sayin' :cool:
C274
See I see it as public schools don't have like entry tests so any member of the public who's the right age can get in, whereas private schools are for the elite private rich peeps.

I am also opposed to the idea of private schools, but then I am biased and my opinion counts for nothing. So I don't wanna start an argument or nowt. Just sayin' :cool:

Yeah, that's why it also can mean state :s-smilie: I agree with that logic more to be honest, I used to always assume it referred to a state school.

I don't really like them either. I might have gone to one, except I missed the scholarship exam. I was gutted at the time, but now I'm so glad I didn't go. I love my normal, state comprehensive school. I think missing that test was one of the best things that's happened to me. :biggrin:
I didn't mean to cause arguments :frown:
Reply 44
SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay
:five:

In my school, the sixth years in my classes literally do nothing and a lot of them didn't even bother turning up for the prelim.

at my school they sit in the common room all day and don't bother going into any class :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending