Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Could everyone please stop posting - I've got a kitchen to clean and presents to wrap and all this talking is giving me an excuse not to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I can use a mobile phone, I know how to add stuff into the address book, send text messages etc. I just can't play snake.
    playing the game is easy you just have to remember which keys are which

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    eww.... sounds disgusting! ham is not a bird_____its a pig

(to edders)

my best friends a vegatarian and i call her the crazed veggie...im convinced one day she is going to go crazy from not having meet and start eating humans
    lol 8 years and i havent done that yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Could everyone please stop posting - I've got a kitchen to clean and presents to wrap and all this talking is giving me an excuse not to do it
    have fun in your orange haven

ReputationRep:
    yeah i have the old one with the leather top

my practice suit was getting a BIT thin so i had to get a new one.....

and the shammy ive never wanted before.... EEK you are so NOT allowed to become schwimmer of the forums!

are you on varsity or JV or uss?
    No you can still be the schwimmer! I was never that good (well good obviously cos i swam in the county championships, but not national standard by a long shot). I used to swim for the town i live in, but now i'm at uni i swim a little for their swim team, but i haven't done any competitions with them yet. I really only swim once or twice a week now when i can be bothered!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    eww.... sounds disgusting! ham is not a bird_____its a pig
    When I said I don't like roast birds I meant turkey chicken et al...not Ham. But Ham/Gammon we have quite often so it isn't very different - and we had roast pork on Sunday. I would have done lamb :drool: but hubby isn't too keen on lamb so we're having a nice joint of beef (with chipolatas and stuffing balls and yorkshire pudding (and roast veges, potatoes and gravy)).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol 8 years and i havent done that yet
    shes only gone four

its really funni when we go to fuddruckers (one pound hamburger place) and she looks mournfully at our food.... it makes me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    No you can still be the schwimmer! I was never that good (well good obviously cos i swam in the county championships, but not national standard by a long shot). I used to swim for the town i live in, but now i'm at uni i swim a little for their swim team, but i haven't done any competitions with them yet. I really only swim once or twice a week now when i can be bothered!!
    :eek: ive swam in the ponderosa meet which is one sec. off frm state..... what do you have in your 50 free?

ReputationRep:
    I need to tidy my bedroom its currentlly a right mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I need to tidy my bedroom its currentlly a right mess.
    i did that yesterday

ReputationRep:
    :eek: ive swam in the ponderosa meet which is one sec. off frm state..... what do you have in your 50 free?
    Well my pb (which i did about 3 years ago) is just over 31 secs if i remember rightly. I'm a backstroker though. Or was a backstroker.

And counties isn't really the same as a state comp - counties are a hell of a lot smaller than a state! THe way it works in Britain is small meets between clubs (or big clubs like mine have a competitions within itself), and then you qualify to swim in the counties with the right time (so my town is in a county called Berkshire, so i swam in the Berkshire county championships). If you are faster still, you go to the regional champs (so i'm southern england so would have swam in the Southern Counties) and then after that its the national championships (but thats for the people who are really fast).

How many times a week do you train? When I was at my best about 3 years ago i was meant to be training 8 times a week! But i got too worn out, especially as i was doing GCSE's, so i moved to another squad in my club who trained 5 times a week, and then i've been going less and less recently!

ReputationRep:
    Well my pb (which i did about 3 years ago) is just over 31 secs if i remember rightly. I'm a backstroker though. Or was a backstroker.

And counties isn't really the same as a state comp - counties are a hell of a lot smaller than a state! THe way it works in Britain is small meets between clubs (or big clubs like mine have a competitions within itself), and then you qualify to swim in the counties with the right time (so my town is in a county called Berkshire, so i swam in the Berkshire county championships). If you are faster still, you go to the regional champs (so i'm southern england so would have swam in the Southern Counties) and then after that its the national championships (but thats for the people who are really fast).

How many times a week do you train? When I was at my best about 3 years ago i was meant to be training 8 times a week! But i got too worn out, especially as i was doing GCSE's, so i moved to another squad in my club who trained 5 times a week, and then i've been going less and less recently!
    im forteen and have a 28 in my 50 free......im a two hundred IMer though.....i LOVE that stroke

ReputationRep:

i only practice 5 times a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I never seem to get socks for christmas
    I am this year, and they say 'UK's No.1 son' on them

Doubtless I will be one of the thousands of sons who are the UK's No.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I am this year, and they say 'UK's No.1 son' on them

Doubtless I will be one of the thousands of sons who are the UK's No.1
    im getting socks... there really cute pink with darker pink stripes

pink with white polka dots, and pink with a big snowflake

pink is the WAY

ReputationRep:
    shes only gone four

its really funni when we go to fuddruckers (one pound hamburger place) and she looks mournfully at our food.... it makes me laugh!
    fuddruckers is a very odd name...

ReputationRep:
    it dont seem like chrimbo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    fuddruckers is a very odd name...
    its the name.....and they have AWESOME hamburgers and milkshakes

ReputationRep:
    im forteen and have a 28 in my 50 free......im a two hundred IMer though.....i LOVE that stroke
    Thats really good! Like i said, you can keep your almightly schwimmer status! I got tired of training so much through my GCSE's, and cos I was going less (and most were hour and a half sessions rather than 2 hours) i stopped getting PB's. I hate IM's!!! Well mainly the fly part - I just can't get the stroke right so it tires me out really quickly (having asthma doesn't help). I only swam counties in backstroke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    it dont seem like chrimbo
    no it doesnt does it? it may be because as you start to get older christmas is more and more like anouther day

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2003
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.