Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who gets the best staff discount, i work at High and Mighty Menswear, I get 50% off clothes and stuff and 30% off Shoes and first pick of sale stuff, what about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in HMV and get 30% off everything and could borrow items to 'develop stock knowledge'

ReputationRep:
    i work in ottakar's and i get 30% off everything. plus i can technically sign stuff out to borrow (although i wouldn't because i'd ruin it), and i can get free proof copies from the huge pile we have in the staff room. not that there are ever any good ones.

i work for the council and get discount from most electrical wholesalers....

ReputationRep:
    How long did you have to work with your respective organisations to get a staff discount? Most supermarkets demand six months service and even then the discount is only 10%.

ReputationRep:
    50% off jewellery and hair items
    25% off accessories and cosmetics
    10% off Licenced Products. I work at claire's.

..Accessorize get 75% off. They win.

ReputationRep:
    The NHS staff discount gold card rocks! Way too many places involved to mention!

Oh! and I'm looking for a new friend - must work at Monsoon or Accessorise!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..i know someone who works at Karen Millen and gets 75% off! Blimey!

ReputationRep:
    I got my discount card for safeways 2 weeks after i started working there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smeets)
    How long did you have to work with your respective organisations to get a staff discount? Most supermarkets demand six months service and even then the discount is only 10%.
    my discount was effective immediately, and there's no limit on it. i know that at monsoon/accessorize the employee can only have £100 worth of stuff with 75% discount each month. i can buy as many books as i like at 30% off (woo!) which is actually more helpful than it sounds, because i'm about to start an english degree, and because it's really easy to find books to buy...

ReputationRep:
    I work at a department store and get 25% discount off everything in store. We sell everything from carpets to fridges to make up and clothes. I get discount off designer make up (Christian Dior, YSL etc.) as well as Morgan, Miss Sixty, Oasis and other cool clothes. I'm going to miss my discount when i leave in september

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    my discount was effective immediately, and there's no limit on it. i know that at monsoon/accessorize the employee can only have £100 worth of stuff with 75% discount each month. i can buy as many books as i like at 30% off (woo!) which is actually more helpful than it sounds, because i'm about to start an english degree, and because it's really easy to find books to buy...
    Yeah Monsoon accessorize you only get about £50-100 of goods a month where you get 75% and you'll be expected to where it for uniform and then 25% off everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smeets)
    yeh mine was immediately no limit on stuff either, my mate gets free maccy d's stuff but once youve worked there you dont wanna eat the food, so maccy d know what their doing when they offered that lol

ReputationRep:
    I work for M&S and get 20% off everything. We get given a card which is topped up in October and April. You are basically allowed 20% off things up to the value of £5000, but this will be unlimited soon, so we will never need to top up.

ReputationRep:
    I get 12% & I had to work there for 3 months to qualify . It's not that much, but it comes in use. Also we get 75% off 'work clothes' from the fashions department. Anything we can claim is suitable for work basically which is nice as they have all the decent designer makes there. You have to work in the business for 3 years to get 25% off and I am almost there when I leave, how annoying! Although 25% discount does not apply on all items as they don't make enough profit to allow us to take that much of a discount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh mine was immediately no limit on stuff either, my mate gets free maccy d's stuff but once youve worked there you dont wanna eat the food, so maccy d know what their doing when they offered that lol
    i think ottakar's knew what they were doing when they gave their employees a 30% discount too - all of my wages go straight back to them. i'm surrounded by books all day so i find all these interesting ones i'd never have seen otherwise and i think 'ooh, i get a discount, i can afford to buy another five...'

ReputationRep:
    I get free cake and tea.

ReputationRep:
    lol, definetely, i have gone overdrawn by over spending in the shop, i'm so glad i'm on annual leave at the mo gives me time to get back in credit with da wages lol

ReputationRep:
    50% off food on shift apart from packaged biscuits/bottled drinks. Otherwise 30% for everything else whether working or not. Im a Starbucks boi.

ReputationRep:
    At Moronsons, we are given 12.5% discount on hardware only, to a maximum of £300 and is available instantly.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerHow to become an online tutorCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.