I hate driving tests!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just failed my test on stupid moving off. There were about 6/7 cars going past, waited and then when I was moving off another car came, and the examiner broke! I should have hesitated that bit longer, and now I'm gutted that I failed on that stupid mistake.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I failed o my first go for missinga cyclist giving a left turn signal into the road I was reversing into. Cause I didnt brake when he did that I failed!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry at least you've had the experience, was this your first test? If so most people fail first time these days.
cleas001
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i failed on my 3rd try for not breaking hard enough on the emergency stop!!- thats just silly- THERE WAS NO EMERGENCY!!
oh well round 4 here i come!
Xenon
Rep:
?
It was my 3rd as well. That;s why I'm so gutted. I should have passed that test! I could have so easily done so, if I'd just used my head. Cleas001, how do you feel? You reckon we can ace the next one. I'm just a bit worried.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry, Xenon! My boyfriend just failed too. It's not so uncommon. You only have another 2 months to wait before you can try again
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kavanne)
Don't worry, Xenon! My boyfriend just failed too. It's not so uncommon. You only have another 2 months to wait before you can try again
I'm going to call up every day to try and get the earliest cancellation I can!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
It was my 3rd as well. That;s why I'm so gutted. I should have passed that test! I could have so easily done so, if I'd just used my head. Cleas001, how do you feel? You reckon we can ace the next one. I'm just a bit worried.
The problem with driving tests is you're under so much preasure that your brain dosn't function properly so its so easy to make stupid mistakes. I am sure you will pass eventualy (hopefully next time)

I think I will need about 50 tests as I know my brain will just go into panic mode in the test.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
The problem with driving tests is you're under so much preasure that your brain dosn't function properly so its so easy to make stupid mistakes. I am sure you will pass eventualy (hopefully next time)

I think I will need about 50 tests as I know my brain will just go into panic mode in the test.
Plus the pressure to pass cause its so expensive to do a test!
cleas001
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah xeon (hope thats spelt right)- get one soon i have one for september 14th!!! although each time i fail it makes me much less confident so makes the test much harder! if i fail again i will be gutted- and i dunno if i will have a fifth attempt just because it costs so much and failing 5 times would be a little embarassing! but yeah i hate driving now-i wanna do the test cz ive had so many lessons it wud seem like a waste of my hard earned cash if ijust gave up!

how many hours of practice (with instructor or with parents etc.) have you guys had??
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by frost105)
Plus the pressure to pass cause its so expensive to do a test!
Yeah, and I've got to pay for a forth! My mum won't be too happy. And this time, I';m absolutely gutted-I really wanted to pass.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've had about 80-120 lessons all professional, with a tiny bit of ilegal (sort off) driving in the car park.

I had a test booked but once the test was booked I lost the plot so canceled it. I never bothered having any more lessons.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If its any consolation, I still haven't passed by theory after two times, I was particularly gutted the second time round, when I got 35/35 but failed the HP.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yeah, and I've got to pay for a forth! My mum won't be too happy. And this time, I';m absolutely gutted-I really wanted to pass.
Personally I dont know how they can justify the cost-its appalling but anyway good luck x
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When I saw the title I figured you'd failed!

The examiner broke??? Do you mean braked??

In real life you could have got away with that. I had to pull out yesterday when a car was coming or i would have been sat there for years. You can normally judge distance and acceleration, and if the car has to brake they're probably going too fast.

I passed 1st time with 17 lessons and the trick is be confident.
Glory
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i passed on my 4th test, i did stupid things like stalling during an manover(turning the road), i was reserving around a corner, and my instructor said i would be failed if i didnt manage it first time, but the examiner said i failed cos i didnt know what to do if i did to restart, well i just pulled around the corner and started a fresh, he said i should of drove forward to the junction and then resumed reserving.
Xenon
Rep:
?
How early do you think I can get the test if say I call up every day?
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
I failed o my first go for missinga cyclist giving a left turn signal into the road I was reversing into. Cause I didnt brake when he did that I failed!
Quite rightly! You hit a cyclist, it's very easy to kill them.

Edit: you also need to stop whenever you see another vehicle in either road. You don't have right of way.

Does anyone else think it's a bit funny to drive past learners doing that? My sister thinks it's hilarious.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
How early do you think I can get the test if say I call up every day?
Try booking on line? But otherwise it all depends on your area. But you have to wait 10 working days after your last test before you can retest.
bohogirlie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Just failed my test on stupid moving off. There were about 6/7 cars going past, waited and then when I was moving off another car came, and the examiner broke! I should have hesitated that bit longer, and now I'm gutted that I failed on that stupid mistake.
:hugs:

I know how you feel, i've failed four Just for silly things as well Don't lose confidence, thats what i've done! I am going to have another crack at the whip soon though!

:hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads