?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
is economics A level easy ??

ok heres my dilemma !!
i going to study A level
maths
physics
accountancy and work full time in september

now i would really like to do economics but im worried it maybe a little too hard or to much as my plate is pretty full at the moment!!

just wondered if you guys would recommend it alongside the above A levels
Leifde
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
working full-time while going to school???

impossible to multi-task that in my opinion
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Give up Physics and do Economics
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh i clicked yes because the course is easy but you ar working full time and doing 4 a levels - i just dont see it at all to be honest
bashment
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
my idea is i love maths and physics so they will be no problem economics i was hoping would be easy so i could fly thourhg it or just do last minute revision also im interested in it and accountancy i have a great teacher for that .

I know im worried though i have taken too much on ones plate !! although in saying that im a 1/3 of the way through the AS maths sylabuss already just by teaching myself !!

plus from what i gather AS level is supposed to be easier than A2 level !!

but thanks for your support guys much apprecaited
Steeeeevo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Didnt even know they let you even do that many A-Levels part time, I though it was only 1 or 2. Just remember there are allot of prople who struggle with A-Levels full time, part-time its harder, keep your options to as few as possble and only what you REALY want to do!
bashment
Rep:
?
yeah to be honest maths and accountancy is the main ones and physics and economics if i do econ will be secondary !! but im hoping i can waffle through the economics !! and im hopin the accountancy will help to back up the economics theory ish , yes i know its crazy but i cant afford to do a degree and A levels seems like the only option open to me !!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bashment)
yeah to be honest maths and accountancy is the main ones and physics and economics if i do econ will be secondary !! but im hoping i can waffle through the economics !! and im hopin the accountancy will help to back up the economics theory ish , yes i know its crazy but i cant afford to do a degree and A levels seems like the only option open to me !!
accounting a-level won't help you in economics
bashment
Rep:
?
accounting a-level won't help you in economics
your right maybe i shouldnt do economics !! i have already signed up for phyusics maths and accounting i am kinda scared now that im going to fail all of them i may have taken on too much risk. but in saying that i can always retake one level and then get a beter grade later !!

yeah i think i may stick with accounting, maths and physics ! oh decisions, decisions !
PieMaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im hoping i can waffle through the economics
If youre a coherent waffler then you'll be fine. Once you grab about 40 key topics, then they all link up and make sense. So much eaisier than busisness studies where verything seems abstract.
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why on earth would you do physics with those subjects? Do you want to become a scientist? Otherwise just stick with economics then you got Economics, accountancy and Maths and that makes more sense right? Seeing as you are quite keen on keeping the accountancy?
bashment
Rep:
?
why on earth would you do physics with those subjects? Do you want to become a scientist? Otherwise just stick with economics then you got Economics, accountancy and Maths and that makes more sense right? Seeing as you are quite keen on keeping the accountancy
I would like to do a quantum physics or astrology degree in the future economics may be a bit to easy or maybe to much finance related with the accountancy which is kinda boring and not really challenging sometimes !!

yeah real bummber i gotta keep the accountancy !! although im hoping i can do it in 6 months take my exam in december and then concentrate on the other 2 as im quite experienced with the accounts !!

but then the other problem is that they dont do economics in the evening only physics so i would have to distance learn it !!

but from what i could gather economics and biology appear to be the easier of the A levels but im not interested in biology thus i was hoping economics i could do and my interest alone would be enuff to spur me on !! and being quite easy one wouldnt have to spend so much time on it !!

in saying that its £300 odd quid to learn it !!
jmzcherry
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Physics is a worthwhile a-level no matter what all your other A-levels are. I heard that physics is the most under-subscribed A-level and yet one that many employers are looking for
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would like to do a quantum physics or astrology degree in the future
ah. I guess go for physics ;-) Economics wouldn't be that important, I just thought it would go better with the subjects you were doing if you wanted to do something financial-related
bashment
Rep:
?
ah. I guess go for physics ;-) Economics wouldn't be that important, I just thought it would go better with the subjects you were doing if you wanted to do something financial-related
I totally agree with you it is better for finance i think but physics is better i think in terms of job prospects !! and yeah as above i will be doing an accountancy and finance degree aswell even though its going to be pretty boring but the phyiscs degree should be nice
love2learn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Most people do 4 A-levels in year 12 and drop 1 at AS to 3 to A2 level. So your choice would be what most people do. General Studies / Critical Thinking are extra and don't count in the 4. I'm concerned about working full time because it will mean that you won't be able to commit fully to your studies and could be hard around coursework / reular essay deadlines and exam / revising time. I think the maximum recommended hours working is about 10 hours per week. In terms of studying 4 and your concerns about studying 4 subjects, the workload is not too bad in AS. Believe me, doing 4 subjects (3 at a-level and 1 at AS) and General Studies is not easy! Maybe you could commit until half term and see how things go.
love2learn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Which year are you in? Because that changes things somewhat
bashment
Rep:
?
im not in any year love i left school ages ago im just doing this for the loveof the subject i left only armed with GCSE's so now i have bills and all sorts i cant afford not to work yet i cant get a good job without qualifications !!

thus me wanting to do A levels besides i cant find anywwhere to do economics in the evening either !! so i may just have to stick to the accountancy, phyiscs and maths !!

so at least i wont have to do the general studies etc !! and i think you mean 14 hours odd for the job as most weekend jobs are 14 hours !!

but thanks for ure help babe much appreciated have u done econonimcs AS

p.s i dont have any coursework for phsyics im doing the OCR board
so its going to be a major struggle but i think i can do all 3 !!
love2learn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I nearly did AS economics. My businesss studies teacher was going to teach us qalongside our A2 Business classes. It was quite interesting but we didn't get too far because she was concerned thatsome of the boys ween't getting their ICT coursework done and didn't want it to be an excuse!!! AQA is good. I think my school said a max of 15 hours I think but said that it was better to do around 10 hours.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (265)
80.06%
Leave (66)
19.94%

Watched Threads