Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a question: How important is Freshers week in making friends etc.? I mean, if you dont go to any of the parties, how likely is it that you will become a loner for the next three years of your university career?

ReputationRep:
    you'll probably meet people from your course/in your halls. freshers' week parties are a good way of meeting other people as well, but there is also more chance that you might not see some of those people regularly, as they're on different courses/living elsewhere. still, it's a good thing to do IMO. no matter where you are, you'll only be a loner if you make the effort to be :p: even if you miss freshers' week, if you actively try to make friends with people from your course/people living near you etc, you'll be guaranteed to not be a loner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTale)
    Just a question: How important is Freshers week in making friends etc.? I mean, if you dont go to any of the parties, how likely is it that you will become a loner for the next three years of your university career?

In my boyfriends experoence...very likely.... (tho that was probably my fault, we'd only just started seeing each other whn he went to uni)

Tho tbh you could easily meet other people on your course/campus. Especially in thatose first few weeks don't be afriad to talk to people; if you see someone else looking a bit lost etc then stike up a convosation. If you're friendly towards people it shoudln't be an issue really

ReputationRep:
    Meet friends through societies within the first few weeks! trust me! fresh wk is important but your def be ok if you join a society or two!
    good luk!

ReputationRep:
    i'll be living at home! what can i do to make more friends? particullary girls as mine is a boy dominated course- last year of 180 pupils only 6 were girls!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got nothing really left to add as the comments above say it all really, I would just say make the most of freshers week, and try and meet anf talk to as many people as possible in it. But there are loads of other ways to get to know people, i would recommend joining societies and sports teams if you get chance, more for the social side of it rather than the actual competeing!

ReputationRep:
    i think freshers week is important, me and my flatmates went out pretty much every night and doing things like staying up til 9am talking really helped us to get to know each other. we never went out as a flat after freshers week because someone always had a deadline/was away so i'm glad that we had that week of non-stop parties

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    JOIN SOCIETIES JOIN SOCIETIES JOIN SOCIETIES. Its something you can do when living at home to.b :top:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.