Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,i was just wondering, do any of you know when the results will come through if you've asked your college to send them to you by post? I wasn't sure if i would have returned from holiday by the 18th so i gave them an envelope where by they could send it to me, but now im certain i'll be here,i still would prefer opening it at home (for psychological reasons :p: )

So..my point being..will i get them on the morning of the 18th?? or maybe the next day

Let me know please if anyone has any clue :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They send them next day anyway if you dont show up on THE day. However as you gave them a letter you might get it in the late post on the day that they come out.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..ok..thanks for that! This doesn't put me at a disadvantage for replying universities does it? Say for example,i don't quite make my offer and i have to go into clearing, its preferbale to start looking ASAP, but don't the universities know before the 18th anyway? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Jax_)
    They send them next day anyway if you dont show up on THE day. However as you gave them a letter you might get it in the late post on the day that they come out.

My school posts them after (I think) 2pm on the day, so it arrives the next morning.

And there's no such thing as late post these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdi_princess)
    Hmm..ok..thanks for that! This doesn't put me at a disadvantage for replying universities does it? Say for example,i don't quite make my offer and i have to go into clearing, its preferbale to start looking ASAP, but don't the universities know before the 18th anyway? :confused:

Universities have your results the sunday before and have largely decided whether or not to take those who miss their offers by the Thursday.

Remember that missing your offer doesn't necessarily mean you've missed the place.

EDIT: PQ's Results Day advice thread. It's gosh darned good..
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t135058.html

ReputationRep:
    oh bugger I forgot about that.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to open them at home, why not go in, collect the envelope and take it home with you to open?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..could do, but ive given them an envelope now.I was thinking of opening it at home,if its bad news then i can just pop to college and speak to my tutors (its only 20mins away :P what u think?

ReputationRep:
    Yessss, you've made me change my mind, i think i'll do that...thanks i don't want to end up being isolated in my house not really knowing what to do! Ok..i'll ring them ASAP!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.