Turn on thread page Beta

How many non-family christmas cards have you received? watch

ReputationRep:
    I got 3. It just shows how popular I am (not).

I've had a few text message christmas cards which was nice though.

ReputationRep:
    I havn't got any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I got 3. It just shows how popular I am (not).

I've had a few text message christmas cards which was nice though.
    our family gets like 100 every yr. ive only gotten 5

ReputationRep:
    The combined family record is 122.

I have 8.

ReputationRep:
    I have about 30.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got any either (actually, one from my aunt with a £20 cheque I get every year...kerching!).

But my mum is a teacher so she gets loads from her pupils/their parents there, including one that says "to my special cat" and the rest with the name spelled wrong. She was even told by one parent that they (the parent) didn't know what card my mum would like, so produced a tray of blank cards and told my mum to pick her own.

ReputationRep:
    Is it fair to say that girls get more christmas cards as girls like all that stuff? Where guys would just rather buy each other a pint with the money instead.

ReputationRep:
    Is it fair to say that girls get more christmas cards as girls like all that stuff? Where guys would just rather buy each other a pint with the money instead.
    haha - excuses. No you're right, guys aren't bothered.

ReputationRep:
    thats a good point.

10 christmas cards at 20p each each with a 25p stamp = two pints of john smiths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    I haven't got any either (actually, one from my aunt with a £20 cheque I get every year...kerching!).

But my mum is a teacher so she gets loads from her pupils/their parents there, including one that says "to my special cat" and the rest with the name spelled wrong. She was even told by one parent that they (the parent) didn't know what card my mum would like, so produced a tray of blank cards and told my mum to pick her own.
    thats never happened to my mom....and shes a teacher, when we still lived in california we got about 200 cards, from all me parents old friends, but now since we couldnt be bothered to give our new address out to that many people we only get about half of what we used to!

ReputationRep:
    i got about 30-35...most of them were from guys A LOT younger than myself! :rolleyes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I don't know I don't send em so I don't really enjoy receiving them.

I did get one from HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) though :nerd:

ReputationRep:
    I used to get about 20 when I was younger, but that's reduced to a modest 8 this year. I sent out 20 though, so I'm in the plus on giving against receiving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I don't know I don't send em so I don't really enjoy receiving them.

I did get one from HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) though :nerd:
    Oh dear how did you manage that? Do you work for them?

I got a card of my teacher once, she was 21 and I fancied her like mad.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh dear how did you manage that? Do you work for them?

I got a card of my teacher once, she was 21 and I fancied her like mad.
    I work for a uni - but we bought £3000+ worth of stats from them last yr so I suppose they're showing their gratitude

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.